I saw your post for a status update and wanted to let you know I cancelled mine at Milton Chevrolet after I was promised an allocation no later than the 17th and it fell through. I called hoping to hear how I had been at 2000 for a week only to find out that they had bumped me for an SS instead. I was supposed to have the third of four allocations; I'm guessing they bumped me twice. I posted a long rant about it last week.
Friday, I ordered from a dealer just outside of Detroit. Went by Milton yesterday for my deposit. I have an allocation for Thursday, and will hopefully get the car in mid-Nov.
I know you aren't in the same boat I am (I'm in a loaner), so you may be able to wait as long as they feel like taking. If you get the run-around, there are dealers out here that can get a car for you, and probably for less. I'm getting supplier pricing. If this has taught me nothing else, it's that people don't have to buy local to get a car locally.
I ordered mine from Lou Sohb (Milton Chevrolet) just two days before you did. When I called last month I was told they hadn't received any allocations - I was still at 1100. Have you spoken to anyone there recently?
The MSRP sticker plus TTL and the 400 doc fee are all that they charge. I had them send me a final quote before I placed the deposit.