Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Downwithopp

Conversation Between Downwithopp and the upcoming
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Downwithopp
    01-21-2010 04:53 PM
    Downwithopp
    Oh god, my bad. I posted in a thread earlier and figured it was for the back emblem.

You open your trunk, get a flathead screwdriver and pop up the 3 push-screws on each side. Take them off and remove the plastic cover thing. Then you reach behind each over the bezels and try and find the push tabs that are holding them in. Theres 2 on the top of each bezel, 1 on each side and 2 more on the bottom of it. The top two you press down, the side 2 you press inward, and the botton ones you pull up. Try not to use too much force to press the tabs or you will break them.

Slowly go around them pressing them out and eventually the bezel will just pop right on out. Repeat 3 times and you are done! I sanded them with 800 grit, then did 2 coats of primer and 4 coats of flat black and they turned out great. Let them dry overnight and just pop them right back into place!

Hope that helped, sorry about misreading the other one :P.
  2. the upcoming
    01-21-2010 04:43 PM
    the upcoming
    well thats good to know but im talking about the light bezel hows the process for getting that out..? so i can paint them
  3. Downwithopp
    01-21-2010 04:23 PM
    Downwithopp
    If you want to get your entire emblem off, casing and gold part you can heat it with a hair dryer and get behind it with fishing line and work it untill it pops off.

If you are just trying to replace the gold bowtie you can drill into the center of it for about half a centimeter and pop it out with a pick or screwdriver. I ordered the defenderworx emblems so I had to just pop mine out rather then remove the entire casing. It was suprisingly easy.
  4. the upcoming
    01-21-2010 04:20 PM
    the upcoming
    whats the process you did to remove rear bezels?
    i havent looked yet but i want to black out mine