Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   G5.R (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285800)

The Stig 05-30-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6607176)
AS long as the windshield will work with HUD

That I don't know about.

Doc 05-30-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6607149)
Do you know if they'll give a discount if we get a group buy together? I mean 10% off would still be about $100.

We'd have to inquire.

Quote:

I don't see why it wouldn't; there's nothing special about the windshield on models with HUD as far as I know.

Synner 05-30-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6607408)
I don't see why it wouldn't; there's nothing special about the windshield on models with HUD as far as I know.

Theres a special coating in that area that helps with clarity. Corvette and camaro people have been doing the swap without the different windshield with no ill effects. There might be some glare situations with reduced visibility.

driyac 05-30-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6607408)
We'd have to inquire.

There is an anti reflective property to the windshield. Or something like that. It makes the HUD show clear. There gave been multiple instances on here of people having broken windshields and then receiving the non HUD ones and them being blurry

Nessal 05-30-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6606370)
That would be Doc

I thought it was the Hankook formula drift car but Im not 100% sure.

The Stig 05-30-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nessal (Post 6607481)
I thought it was the Hankook formula drift car but Im not 100% sure.

I was wrong about it being Doc anyway though - but I know another member just posted his truck weigh-in station slip. Showed like 3405 or something - still full interior.

edit: found it -

Quote:

Originally Posted by 429 (Post 6599677)
Considering I added a/c back to the car for the hot GA summer, can't say I'm not satisfied. Car has a rollbar, deep TCI pan and metal hi-ram intake all adding weight, too. Some records going to be broken once it cools off. Roughly half tank of E85 in the car.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...45183153_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...41491937_o.jpg

No, I'm not going to list out the reduction (it would take too long anyway). Yes, the car still has a full interior, stereo, and air conditioning.

Moreno1 05-30-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Hey guys sorry for the late respond on this question as Jim had e-mail me the answer last week. (See below)

"Yes it does work it, however because our windows are so clear the HUD reflection will not be as bright."

RJ it would hurt to ask Jim about a group buy discount. Perhaps you can call him and see what he would be willing to do for Camaro5 members and if possible, make a check interest thread. I guessing if there's enough interest, he might become a sponsor of the site.

As far as update, I am really back up! Hoping to get the engine bay completed and ready for paint this weekend! This is contingent on my friend who is helping us with the body work can make it over. If he can't, we going the assemble the front and rear cradle and make the car a roller so that we can start on the roll cage.

Doc 05-30-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6607149)
Do you know if they'll give a discount if we get a group buy together? I mean 10% off would still be about $100.

Just got a reply back from Jim and he said yes. If we can put together a group buy for at least 10 windows they'll give us a 10% discount. I wonder how many are actually interested?

snickerdoodle 05-30-2013 12:41 PM

I am interested

Doc 05-31-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno (Post 6607726)
....RJ it wouldn't hurt to ask Jim about a group buy discount. Perhaps you can call him and see what he would be willing to do for Camaro5 members and if possible, make a check interest thread. I guessing if there's enough interest, he might become a sponsor of the site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6607738)
Just got a reply back from Jim and he said yes. If we can put together a group buy for at least 10 windows they'll give us a 10% discount. I wonder how many are actually interested?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snickerdoodle (Post 6607874)
I am interested

So what section of the forum would we post a group-buy thread for Optic Armor windows?

The Stig 05-31-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6612246)
So what section of the forum would we post a group-buy thread for Optic Armor windows?

hahaha - cosmetic mods maybe? I can't really think of a subforum that "windows" fits under

vroomapunk 05-31-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6612330)
hahaha - cosmetic mods maybe? I can't really think of a subforum that "windows" fits under

Hahaha, Idk, its more performance related, id put it in bolt ons if there was one for all engines. But cosmetics is good too i guess. :noidea:

Synner 05-31-2013 04:44 PM

the racing section.

Moreno1 05-31-2013 11:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6612246)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6612330)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6612452)
Hahaha, Idk, its more performance related, id put it in bolt ons if there was one for all engines. But cosmetics is good too i guess. :noidea:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 6613254)
the racing section.

I like Synner's idea. The dragstrip/track section is usually looking for ways to reduce weight.

Hey Synner, just sent out a package for you today. it's "COOL" :D

Pfadt Trailing Arms and Tie rods came in a few days ago. Man they look good in their raw form. looks very racey and mechanical.

Attachment 517064

Attachment 517065

We almost decided to keep them like that. But to keep with the theme, we started monkeying with them. I took a pic of them side by side, polished and brushed. We both agreed that we like the brushed look better.

Attachment 517066

BTW, sorry for the bad pics. Somehow, the battery for the SLR got misplaced AGAIN. There's too much cr@p everywhere LOL

This weekend should be interesting as we are going to be working on getting all of the suspension back under the car so that we could get it on wheels. we need it somewhat mobile to take it to a shop where we will be putting in the cage. stay tuned...