Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   My second born--2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS [COTW 4/15/13] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183914)

aquablueL99 01-28-2012 08:40 AM

Back to the drawing board!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 4382451)
Plan "B" give up the ship..We were doing good seperating the carpet from the rubber right up to the moment when I ran my thumb through the carpet..as I said, "It was the cheapest set of mats I could find."

Well, now on to Plan "C"---I am going back to the original mats with the leather sewn on and remove all leather. We are then going to remove all the carpet in the form of a rectangle. Stacey said she can make new leathers w/new embroidering. We will then use strong epoxy glue to attach them to the backing. This should put the leather at the same height as the rest of the floor mat's carpet.
Here's hoping!!...:chevy:

Ok--back to the drawing board. I messed up the mats beyond repair...I ran my knife clear through the passenger side one..:facepalm: I have contacted Stacey letting her know my situation. I also contacted another vendor in maybe getting a set made with the RS/SS embroidered as they are being made....:iono:
While talking with Roger Neace at Emblempros, I ordered something else for the interior that will compliment the Defenderworx CAMARO shifter. Will be getting it soon...:happyanim: Thanks Roger...:chevy:

WiSSDiver 01-28-2012 09:11 AM

I saw the 68 sneaking into a few shots. Very nice build thread.

RED DEMON SS 01-28-2012 01:28 PM

I have been in Hawaii but i just had to come check out the build thread, glad to see the headrests done and looking hot as hell, good luck with the mats. Trial and error sometimes is the only way to get the look you want to achieve!

aquablueL99 01-28-2012 04:43 PM

She can't help herself

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpomeroy (Post 4389228)
I saw the 68 sneaking into a few shots. Very nice build thread.

Rpomeroy, Thanks so much for keeping an eye on her! We appreciate the comments. She has trouble not getting into the act!!....:chevy:

aquablueL99 01-28-2012 08:41 PM

Update---Back in the game!!

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 4389131)
Ok--back to the drawing board. I messed up the mats beyond repair...I ran my knife clear through the passenger side one..:facepalm: I have contacted Stacey letting her know my situation. I also contacted another vendor in maybe getting a set made with the RS/SS embroidered as they are being made....:iono:
While talking with Roger Neace at Emblempros, I ordered something else for the interior that will compliment the Defenderworx CAMARO shifter. Will be getting it soon...:happyanim: Thanks Roger...:chevy:

Thanks to talking with Roger Neace on Friday, we are back in the game with the orginal mats....Uh, would this be Plan "D"? I will call it going back to Plan "C", cause Roger suggested to simply glue the slit with rubber cement. I also found a set of animal clippers that would take the "hair" right off the mat and get it down to the backing. I emailed Stacey the photos tonight. I will be touching base with her on Monday to get her approval to move forward. I really did not want anything other than her work on the mats, especially after her wonderful talent on the headrests....:bow:.......:chevy:

Like I said before, "Real men don't need instructions and/or advise....Well, I am not real sure of that statement"!!....:iono:

RED DEMON SS 01-28-2012 09:04 PM

That does not look like fun? I think your on the right track though!

RED DEMON SS 01-28-2012 09:06 PM

Oh and instructions are way overrated, typically they are wrong or in the wrong order!

Camaro_krazee 01-28-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

They look outstanding....Nicely done...check out ours on our thread... I like your personal touches....:chevy:
Thanks for visiting my journal and your kind comments.

And your ABM ride is looking mighty fine as well!!! :thumbsup:
Isn't :DPERMAGRIN:D a wonderful thing??:happyanim:
Keep up the good work and keep those pix coming!

kindest regards.

aquablueL99 01-29-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee (Post 4393015)
Thanks for visiting my journal and your kind comments.

And your ABM ride is looking mighty fine as well!!! :thumbsup:
Isn't :DPERMAGRIN:D a wonderful thing??:happyanim:
Keep up the good work and keep those pix coming!

kindest regards.

Camaro_krazee, Thank-you for looking at our BlueL99. As far as your car, there is just something about a girl taking command of her camaro!! It does a "body good" to see that!!...Keep the photos and stories coming....:chevy:

WiSSDiver 01-29-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 4390889)
Rpomeroy, Thanks so much for keeping an eye on her! We appreciate the comments. She has trouble not getting into the act!!....:chevy:

My Cammy has the same problem and since I've been show her some upgrade love this last year, she got pretty jealous when the 2010 (Buzz) came on the scene and took all my attention away from her.

Women!

aquablueL99 01-29-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpomeroy (Post 4394333)
My Cammy has the same problem and since I've been show her some upgrade love this last year, she got pretty jealous when the 2010 (Buzz) came on the scene and took all my attention away from her.

Women!

That is too funny!!...:sm0: Go figure....got to love them both!!..:chevy:

WiSSDiver 01-29-2012 12:05 PM

You're talking about the cars, right?

:laughabove:

aquablueL99 01-30-2012 03:59 PM

One more try!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 4392022)
Thanks to talking with Roger Neace on Friday, we are back in the game with the orginal mats....Uh, would this be Plan "D"? I will call it going back to Plan "C", cause Roger suggested to simply glue the slit with rubber cement. I also found a set of animal clippers that would take the "hair" right off the mat and get it down to the backing. I emailed Stacey the photos tonight. I will be touching base with her on Monday to get her approval to move forward. I really did not want anything other than her work on the mats, especially after her wonderful talent on the headrests....:bow:.......:chevy:

Like I said before, "Real men don't need instructions and/or advise....Well, I am not real sure of that statement"!!....:iono:

Stopped at Lynn's today and asked Stacey to give it one more try. She is going to make new "leathers"....:happyanim: I will take it from there. By that I mean I will attempt to glue everything together. I sure hope it works this time!!!....:chevy:

RED DEMON SS 01-30-2012 05:09 PM

We are awaiting the results, and my fingers are crossed including mangles toes!