Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The V6 Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269822)

RubyCamaro 01-13-2013 07:22 PM

Yeah, that Stingray is sexy but above my paygrade. I hope it rides better than the last generation did. I rode in the one my brother-in law had & I would have chosen a Camaro over it. I just like the way it feels riding in it better.

I was told it had to do with the time of the year & condensation. Some times of the year it looks more clear. but however it looks it is not getting blown back into my engine and that is all I car about. I am considering putting a second catch can on the "clean" side or maybe a breather oil cap. I'll look for a pic of my catch can as it is mounted now & post it up.

maroman52405 01-13-2013 07:23 PM

lots of good looking rides on here! i need to get more pics of mine

mydreamcar 01-13-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6031589)
Lot of moaning that it looks like a Camaro but I think that's a compliment to the Camaro. Still, if I had the cash I get one for the techno side of it.
This much I know is true, there will be a ton of previous gens on dealership lots in the up coming months as their owners will have to have the next one.
I expect some deals on those cars and I expect some Gen5 owners to step up.

I agree i think it looks great

RubyCamaro 01-13-2013 07:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, here are a couple of pics of the mount of my catch can & one of the very first oil my catch can caught.

TJ91 01-13-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6031589)
Lot of moaning that it looks like a Camaro but I think that's a compliment to the Camaro. Still, if I had the cash I get one for the techno side of it.
This much I know is true, there will be a ton of previous gens on dealership lots in the up coming months as their owners will have to have the next one.
I expect some deals on those cars and I expect some Gen5 owners to step up.

im honestly in love. I think everything about it is great. It shares cues with the Camaro, but the Camaro did the same with its concept in 06. Overall, I think its great. As long as the LT1 is mod friendly. Ill pick up a C7 next year

RubyCamaro 01-13-2013 09:17 PM

BTW if you have not you should also join team LLT.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=Team+LLT

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=87246

Botoasy 01-14-2013 09:18 AM

Thanks Ruby, the picture helps a lot

CamaroC-17 01-14-2013 09:55 AM

Ordered the Elite catch can. Found it onsale for 149.99 plus a discount and free shipping. So got it for 135.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cntryman77 01-14-2013 11:31 AM

Is everything good with that? I've never seen anything like that in my catch can. I usually collect about 2oz with each oil change and mine is a dark, rich, almost burnt looking oil that is thin in substance. I can put a finger in it and see my skin though the oil is dark. Those pics almost look as though water or antifreeze might be in the mix and I'm not suggesting that there is an issue but I'd check it out for sure. This is the first catch I've seen with a residual like this.[/QUOTE]

mine has looked similar to this every time I've emptied it as well

Nutbutt 01-14-2013 11:37 AM

Typically the FI systems will lead to condensation build up with the oil in catch cans. I didn't think that was a possibility for a stock input since the input air is not compressed as in a FI setup?

chozn4service 01-14-2013 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 6034093)
Typically the FI systems will lead to condensation build up with the oil in catch cans. I didn't think that was a possibility for a stock input since the input air is not compressed as in a FI setup?

Like I said in previous post, its a first for me. I've changed my oil at different times of the year, various humidity and temps and its always looked like the pics I posted.

TJ91 01-14-2013 01:16 PM

I thought I remember someone else having the same milky look to the oil and it was due to condensation

RubyCamaro 01-14-2013 07:16 PM

I have had a number of folks tell me they have seen similar milky looking oil in their catch cans and also several folks I have come to trust on this forum tell me that it is a normal occurance. Ruby could not possibly run better so I am not worried.

kjkjr27 01-14-2013 07:35 PM

Whenever I have emptied my catch can it has looked somewhat like normal oil. It has never been milky or that green looking although it has had a little bit of a green hue to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD