Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Camaros in da haus........" (incl. first photos of factory installed stripes) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11680)

fastball 01-13-2009 09:45 PM

Scott, that is just beautifull!!!! So, I have to ask......

Will this red RS/SS come to Cleveland (last week of Feb.)? And is it production ready (all interior plastics have their final graining, production switchgear, accessories, trim parts, etc)?

stovt001 01-13-2009 09:57 PM

I think the strips look just fine up front ending at the front of the hood, but I'm not sure about the stripes not going over the spoiler in back. Maybe I'll go ahead and get the dovetail spoiler and get custom stripes. The stripe color looks great though. I'm sure that's the color to go with RJT.

I originally was going to go for a 2SS-RS with sunroof, but then decided to go for the 1SS with no RS or sunroof to save money. These pictures are now tempting me to reconsider the 2SS-RS, but I'm more certain than ever now I don't want the sunroof.

I'm just upset that I couldn't sit in one at the LA Auto Show but this one can be sat in. I can't wait until the dealerships get their demo cars. The talk in the other threads about it really feeling like a cockpit are making me more impatient than ever.

TaylorRyanSS 01-13-2009 09:57 PM

wait, so they do not even go on the spoiler at all? I hope they don't since I am getting these stripes and a high wing spoiler, and that would be less of a hassle for me lol I NEED TO KNOW :D FBOD FATHER?

Mr_Draco 01-13-2009 10:07 PM

Wow those stripes look great. At first I was little undecided about the stripes not going past the hood but not anymore.

Hey Scott, do you know if any Camaros will be at the NC auto show in Raleigh and if so which ones?

78/Z28 01-13-2009 10:13 PM

I'm having my stripes painted on; they just have to go over the rear spoiler, and I want them to extend all the way to the end of the nose in the front as they did on the '69 Camaro. Besides, my experience with the vinyl stripes on my '78 Z28 is that over time the combination of sun and engine compartment heat will bake them onto the hood. What a mess! On the sides of the car, however, my original stripes still look good.

z28camaross 01-13-2009 10:21 PM

i really wish the stripes went to the mailslot and on the spoiler im prob not getting my 5th gen for 3 or 4 years so maybe they will have them as an option by them hopefully

2KZ28_For_Now 01-13-2009 10:35 PM

I think I'm in love. And my life's lookin' up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shm5fUjhwik

:chevy:

djsnoflake 01-13-2009 10:38 PM

Wow, have to say after seeing the final production interior, totally feel fine with getting the 'plain' black interior on my IOM instead of IOM/IOM.

Also, I have no idea how photoshop works, but now you have a good sample to take for CGM off of those stripes, no?

truth411 01-13-2009 10:46 PM

This car just confirms my theory that a Camaro SS/RS Imperial Blue metalic with white strips will leave jaws on the floor!!!

MadeInAmerica19 01-13-2009 11:25 PM

Thats the exact one i ordered! exactly like it! im so excited it looks that good. Like to see some interior pics though!

D1BADZ 01-13-2009 11:38 PM

ambient

so any ambient lighting, now one has asked????????

Ry4nVan 01-13-2009 11:43 PM

Awesome shots. Especially that first one.

So I'll ask again since it hasn't been answered yet... are those Midnight Silver wheels? I understand it has the RS, but some cars have been swapping.

diddiyo 01-13-2009 11:46 PM

looks nice, but would prefer if they were longer.

HeavyRightFooT 01-14-2009 12:20 AM

woooooooo DONE ..... adding black stripes on my CGM ... :)