Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Any Vegas members? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12486)

cuban_camaro 02-21-2015 03:41 PM

Beware of Las Vegas Performance shop! Sin City Performance

LAS VEGAS LSx OWNERS PLEASE READ:

I want to share my bad experience so no one else in Vegas gets ripped off. Horrible dyno tuning and customer service from Mike at Sin City Performance. So I had my 2013 Camaro SS L99 auto dyno tuned by Sin City Performance in Las Vegas / Henderson Nevada, back in late September 2014. I took the car in dropped it off and was told I would receive a professional custom tune. It cost $500.00. After getting the car back, I noticed it did not feel much different than before and the shifts were horrible, almost felt as if the transmission was slipping:( I called and asked the shop if they could take a look at it and see what was going on with the car, they told me that they lock their tunes and they were not able to look at it for me. WTF?? I had tried to get them to address the issue for months now. I finally got in the car and drove to the shop. I asked the worker behind the counter if they could look at the tune and he replied for another $500.00 he could possibly fix it! Are you F'ing kidding me? I told him to unlock it put the stock tune it and keep my original $500.00 and I would go elsewhere. He laughed and said, good look, the tune is locked! Horrible customer service. The good news now! I ended up taking the car to another shop and he was able to read their locked tune! They forgot to lock it. LOL After the other shop looked over the tune and fixed the trans issue. BTW it shifts perfect now. Sin City Performance had only made a few changes and he showed me the comparison files. I have made a appointment with a real tuner in Las Vegas!
DO NOT USE SIN CITY PERFORMANCE IN LAS VEGAS!

Vroom_vroom 02-23-2015 05:35 AM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...af7430ca87.jpg

See Vegas or not snow WILL FIND YOU!!! LooL!
The wife just got back from state line. She had a helluva snow story. Had Ohio flashbacks and just agreed.......

Kojo 03-07-2015 11:14 PM

ooh! haha I'm sure its an interesting story! the foglight holes look packed with snow :popcorn:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuban_camaro (Post 8248719)
Sin City Performance had only made a few changes and he showed me the comparison files. I have made a appointment with a real tuner in Las Vegas!

this brings up a question for me, who is/are the go to shops/tuners for LS motors here in vegas anyway?

Vroom_vroom 04-10-2015 05:26 PM

So how do I enlist for the sin city camaro club? Figured I would head down to the cars and coffee tomorrow and see If I could find someone?

SSGirl 04-19-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom (Post 8354327)
So how do I enlist for the sin city camaro club? Figured I would head down to the cars and coffee tomorrow and see If I could find someone?

Sin City Camaro Club parks by Crepe Expecations. Look for a guy named Leo in a convertible 45th. I am one of the admins for our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/216717468521520/ I don't go to Cars and Coffee much but there are some that still do.

SSGirl 04-20-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuban_camaro (Post 8248719)

I want to share my bad experience so no one else in Vegas gets ripped off. Horrible dyno tuning and customer service from Mike at Sin City Performance. So I had my 2013 Camaro SS L99 auto dyno tuned by Sin City Performance in Las Vegas / Henderson Nevada, back in late September 2014. I took the car in dropped it off and was told I would receive a professional custom tune. It cost $500.00. After getting the car back, I noticed it did not feel much different than before and the shifts were horrible, almost felt as if the transmission was slipping:( I called and asked the shop if they could take a look at it and see what was going on with the car, they told me that they lock their tunes and they were not able to look at it for me. WTF?? I had tried to get them to address the issue for months now. I finally got in the car and drove to the shop. I asked the worker behind the counter if they could look at the tune and he replied for another $500.00 he could possibly fix it! Are you F'ing kidding me? I told him to unlock it put the stock tune it and keep my original $500.00 and I would go elsewhere. He laughed and said, good look, the tune is locked! Horrible customer service. The good news now! I ended up taking the car to another shop and he was able to read their locked tune! They forgot to lock it. LOL After the other shop looked over the tune and fixed the trans issue. BTW it shifts perfect now. Sin City Performance had only made a few changes and he showed me the comparison files. I have made a appointment with a real tuner in Las Vegas!

That sucks! I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Mike and his shop. I have known him for about 5 years and he's always done great work for me. He has worked on both of my 5th Gens and did my tune on my current 2011 2SS/RS. Check out a friend of mines shop if you ever need anything. He is a cool dude and straight up honest! https://www.facebook.com/Revolutionraceworks?fref=nf

SIM2LS13 04-24-2015 01:45 PM

I tried asking this question before but did not get much of a response. Does anyone here in Vegas know of a good shop to get the bushings timed? I lowered my car a month ago and I have not done this step. Any and all help would be appreciated. On a side note...I tried joining the Facebook Vegas Camaro group, but have not been approved yet. How do I get approved?

wlvrine 05-24-2015 11:14 AM

Performance upgrades

What are some of the upgrades you guys have done to make your Camaros more fun to drive, and get the best performance out of them? Without making them sound too loud or obnoxious.
I was thinking of adding a CAI and short throw shifter, any other suggestions?
😊

rolopez702 07-25-2015 02:31 AM

Henderson/Vegas

Battle Born, Vegas Raised!

dozSS 08-11-2015 02:34 PM

Had a nice cruise to work this morning down the 2-15 with a white '14/'15. Not sure if you are on the board, but hello if you are!

SIM2LS13 09-11-2015 01:29 PM

Hello everyone, I'm just getting a feeler put out here. I am going to be selling my Factory Reproductions wheels with tires. I would rather sell them to someone local instead of shipping them out. I just wanted to see if there would be an interest for these.

vegas girl 11-06-2015 07:59 AM

From Vegas...member of Southern Nevada Camaro Club....looking forward to our annual Hoover Dam run on Sunday

KaBoom1701 11-06-2015 08:54 AM

I visit Vegas all the time for work.

It would be cool to check out some of the local Camaro clubs or meetings. I hate Facebook.

Do you send our texts or emails on when you guys/gals meet?

vegas girl 11-06-2015 02:50 PM

We do some sort of event monthly March through November. Our website doesn't get much action....most of our announcements are handled on our Facebook group page.