Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Synergy green vs synergy green special edition (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101610)

Berean 08-23-2010 08:26 AM

They should have retired the color and replaced it with another limited edition color.

PAUL SS 08-23-2010 08:27 AM

Are you worried that there will be more synergy green Camaro's than aqua blue metallic Camaro's?

Scrappy Doo 08-23-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2247756)
Sigh, why is the point always lost in the weeds? - I would not care if GM stated they were making 144,000 synergy editions over the next 3 years. What I care about is the lack of consistence in the marketing message fro GM. I've read some posts that stated gm is just out of bankruptcy so they should be able to say and do what ever sales cars. I strongly disagree.

America was built on our word as a promise un-compromised. What we said, we did, simple and true. If you believe the synergy edition was a limited edition based on the synergy paint then gm has proven its willingness to renege on its word. What other things have they said that we should simply consider marketing fodder that will sale cars today with no worry about tomorrow??

On the other hand if you believe the synergy edition was just some green color thread - I suppose you are wondering what all the typing is about...

I thought the whole basis of this arguement was that they were offering the SGM color on cars for 2011? Buying a $28,000 car for collector value, or whatever you think makes your car more special than the 150,000 other gen 5's made, is ridiculous. I mean seriously, that's like buying a Ford Escape and thinking it's going to be a collector item...... if that is your concern, then go get a GT500KR, or a ZR-1 or something and put it away for 50 years with 30 miles on the clock and we will see if your investment turns out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandi576 (Post 2248783)
Foremare, its no use arguing with the people that didnt buy the 2010 sgm special limited edition because they just dont get it! All i have to say is thank u gm for marking my car up 3,000 for the special green thread!! It sure was worth labeling it special limited edition for that!!

You are right, I just don't get it...... :facepalm:

And you don't have to thank GM, YOU paid that much money for a 1lt car. You got a lot of other nice options on it as well.

For the second time here guys, just drive and enjoy your cars for what they are.

Georgie 08-23-2010 09:37 AM

still can't config one @chevy.com!!!

irocnroll 08-23-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2242772)
Same question to you:
What would your opinion be if GM released a special limited edition yellow camaro in 2010 (along with all the other yellow camaros but with the above mentioned options, yellow stitching, etc..)

They did, its called the Transformers Edition.

irocnroll 08-23-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2242797)
Fair enough - the transformer branding made the car limited. The color option on the synergy edition made the car limited.

You dont get the green ambient lighting on the 2011. Or the stiching on the interior.

v6sonoma 08-23-2010 11:03 AM

Also the TF edition parts and stripes can be ordered from a dealer and slapped on any car. It doesn't even have to be yellow.

PoorMansCamaro 08-23-2010 12:03 PM

It's not easy being green

http://blog.mdwoptions.com/.a/6a00e5...c73c970b-800wi

robsls3 08-23-2010 01:04 PM

All it was dealers probably cried to GM they wanted a SS in synergy green to sell by request. So in a nut shell they released it. Money talks!

v6sonoma 08-23-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandi576 (Post 2250707)
Oh so what a 1lt is not worth what people pay for them, is that what your trying to imply?..and i will thank gm , i mean come on lets call a car a special limited edition when the only special freaking thing your getting is some damn green thread, give me a break why even bother!?

Why not? I paid for orange thread. :rolleyes: And they never said Limited. Special yes. Limited no. And I still think the Synergy is pretty special.

ketel0ne 08-23-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandi576 (Post 2250707)
Oh so what a 1lt is not worth what people pay for them, is that what your trying to imply?..and i will thank gm , i mean come on lets call a car a special limited edition when the only special freaking thing your getting is some damn green thread, give me a break why even bother!?

Interior ❱
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
• Jet Black cloth interior
• Synergy Green accent stitching
– Seats
– Steering wheel
– Shift knob
– Manual shifter boot
– Armrest and center console
Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts
with ice-blue LED light pipe

Redundant steering wheel radio controls
Bluetooth® connectivity for select phones1
• USB port2

Exterior ❱
• Synergy Green exterior paint
Cyber Grey Rally Stripes
• 19-inch Sterling Silver painted wheels

Rear spoiler from RS/SS models
Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist
Options ❱
• Automatic transmission with TAPshift®
controls and remote vehicle starter system

Looks like more than stitching to me for $2k

formare 08-23-2010 01:48 PM

Only the items in bold were not available to order on any other non-special car.. So which one(s) did you pay the extra money for? I paid it for the paint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketel0ne (Post 2251027)
Interior ❱
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
• Jet Black cloth interior
Synergy Green accent stitching
– Seats
– Steering wheel
– Shift knob
– Manual shifter boot
– Armrest and center console
Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts
with ice-blue LED light pipe
• Redundant steering wheel radio controls
• Bluetooth® connectivity for select phones1
• USB port2
Exterior ❱
Synergy Green exterior paint
• Cyber Grey Rally Stripes
• 19-inch Sterling Silver painted wheels
• Rear spoiler from RS/SS models
• Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist
Options ❱
• Automatic transmission with TAPshift®
controls and remote vehicle starter system

Looks like more than stitching to me for $2k

ketel0ne 08-23-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2251122)
Only the items in bold were not available to order on any other non-special car.. So which one(s) did you pay the extra money for? I paid it for the paint.

I paid 2k for everything in the package. The color, the stitching, the panels were part of that package. As were the wheels, the backup sensors, C&C, spoiler, stripes, remote start. IT WAS A PACKAGE that included a color. I would not have paid 2k for the color and the stitching alone.

PoorMansCamaro 08-23-2010 02:19 PM

Just curious, but do you have to pay extra for the paint in the 2011 SGM?