Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Camaro "Gremlins" thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24101)

patriotpa 05-25-2009 07:47 AM

EWWWWW!!!! The underside gets.....DIRTY! :D

qbert48 05-25-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxBandit911 (Post 516342)
so, there is no key latch for the trunk? Thats crazy.

i thought that is odd i didn't know that. oh well i can live without it

Number 3 05-25-2009 08:15 AM

First, sorry you are having any issues.

You didn't mention that you tried to open the trunk from the outside lifting up while you push the button on the remote.

The trunk has a pop up spring. All trunks have some type of spring, but the 4-bar system on the Camaro has one that pushes the trunk open when it is un-latched. It sounds as if the latch is popping (the noise you hear) but the trunk isn't lifting off the seals. The suggestion that the trunk may be sticking on the seal is also something to check.

The glass issue may just simply be the reflash. If you have one of the early cars, it is possible that the reflash wan't done or done correctly. I know it sounds strange, but there is a module that controls the windows and that module has software.

Both concerns should be easy to fix and shouldn't cause any concerns after a trip to the dealer.

And yes, there is a auto reverse in all express up windows that reverses the glass when it contacts an obstruction. I forget the force required, but it shouldn't be anywhere near what would take your hand off.

RLHMARINES 05-25-2009 09:48 AM

#3, i just sent to you a pm

trudawg660 05-25-2009 10:05 AM

i didnt read through all the post but my truck did get stuck and did the annoying clicking

RickyTheStorm 05-25-2009 11:11 AM

Is there any difference between daytime (heat) and night time (cooled down) on the trunk opening? There may be something just too tight and when the metal expands in the heat it binds up.

Take it to the dealer - that is what the warranty is for and you have a brand new Camaro that should work right - don't try to fix it yourself - make an appointment.

greenrail 05-25-2009 11:49 AM

Oh no, mine gets dust on it when I take it for a drive!

That really ticks me off. I guess I had better take her back!

NOT!

DGthe3 05-25-2009 01:33 PM

Folks, issues arise. Guaranteed to happen with any car. But its counter productive to be at any extreme with this. When something comes up, telling people to just "suck it up" is about as useless as those who say "OMG WTF! GM SUCKS!!1!" (didn't happen in this thread ... yet).

Mention problem, find source, execute solution, move on. That should be the model for threads like this.

greenrail 05-25-2009 01:36 PM

AMEN!

steelmart 05-25-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 517055)
Folks, issues arise. Guaranteed to happen with any car. But its counter productive to be at any extreme with this. When something comes up, telling people to just "suck it up" is about as useless as those who say "OMG WTF! GM SUCKS!!1!" (didn't happen in this thread ... yet).

Mention problem, find source, execute solution, move on. That should be the model for threads like this.

:word:

Bond 05-25-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenrail (Post 516839)
Oh no, mine gets dust on it when I take it for a drive!

That really ticks me off. I guess I had better take her back!

NOT!

HA!:bellyroll:

2010SSRS 05-25-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 516193)
:wave: See ya. Good luck finding a new 300Z.

:word:

i'm tellin' ya fellas.........................this car is absolutely worth your wait. as stated before, i found our exact order and bought it.

4 days, almost 500 miles..................every aspect of this car is mind blowing!

no gremlins at all.

95droptopZ 05-25-2009 01:49 PM

Can't speak as to the trunk, but the owners manual describes in detail how to re-index the door glass if it is giving you problems. Try that first. :thumbsup:

greenrail 05-25-2009 02:36 PM

Maybe that is "Shunt", still in your Trunk!