Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NEW YEARS RESOLUTION WEIGHT LOSS THREAD 2013 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267500)

11BEE 12-26-2012 10:12 PM

My wife is a baker and I love sweets. She can bake all day long and never try anything, I have to go work on my chevy truck when she is in the kitchen. LOL Today I have a lemon pie and peppermint cheesecake laughing at me from in the fridge.

bossbunny 12-27-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11BEE (Post 5959410)
How did everyone do today? I was a bit naughty with the left over turkey and stuffing. To top it off, it was cold here in Houston so I did not get my bike ride in like I planned. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

5am crossfit - was leg day. Ate pretty well yesterday. Piece of toast and milk for breakfast. Toast with peanut butter and oranges for breakfast #2. Almonds and prunes for a snack. Left work early and went home. Had a small sliver of cake because my mom was getting upset that I hadn't tried it after dinner but I ate pretty much cauliflower soup all day cause I had a migrane so it evened out.

Today 5am crossfit - arms and abs. Traps are KILLING ME.

stlrammer 12-27-2012 07:49 AM

I'm going to join you all and take the challenge and group support. I'm looking for 20 pounds (10%) to vanish. I'm going to reduce consumption of heavy beer (amberbock) and cookies. If I stay away from that combo I'll be able to meet my goal by spring. If I can keep it off I'll be at my ideal weight for C5FestIV.

bossbunny 12-27-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrammer (Post 5960353)
I'm going to join you all and take the challenge and group support. I'm looking for 20 pounds (10%) to vanish. I'm going to reduce consumption of heavy beer (amberbock) and cookies. If I stay away from that combo I'll be able to meet my goal by spring. If I can keep it off I'll be at my ideal weight for C5FestIV.

Welcome! :wave: That sounds like a great goal! Cutting out the treats can be tough but you should have a cheat every so often so you don't lose it and binge. Changing your diet is hard at first but it gets easier. Habits become a lifestyle. :D

ctinatx 12-27-2012 09:23 AM

I'll also join in. Before I started my carrier I worked at Target and UPS unloading delivery trucks. I'm 6'4" and back then I weighed 224. Since then I've had a job that is 99% sitting at a desk working on computers. I am currently at 268. I would like to drop the 40-60 lbs but put on 10-15 lbs of muscle.

To the gym after work today :D

Mouse6.2 12-27-2012 09:36 AM

Well Susan is ahead of me so far in staying on course with exercise. She has been keeping to her running routine throughout the holidays. I have kind of slacked off and need to get back into it. Even my daughter Conner is keeping up with her running. We are heading to Charleston SC in Jan. Susan is running in a half marathon and Conner is running in a 5k. I'm riding the 40 mile bike ride. I have ran a half marathon in the past but I tour my medial meniscus in my left knee so it is slowly getting back to shape. I hope to be on the road again running soon. Funny how riding a bike doesn't bother it.

Everyone here is an inspiration, keep up the posting!

midnighter 12-27-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 5959418)
Not great but not terrible....................Meh, just so,so. Winter & holidays are hard times.

:word:The temptation is everywhere. I am glad it's all over. New year, new diet.

Dznts 12-27-2012 10:30 AM

Glad to see another thread, and that everyone is doing well.

bossbunny 12-27-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 5960617)
:word:The temptation is everywhere. I am glad it's all over. New year, new diet.

Temptation is always going to be there. On the weekends, at parties, in the kitchen at work, out with dinner with your friends... You have to learn to just say no and make better choices. This isn't about what I want right now, but what I want long term.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 5960791)
Glad to see another thread, and that everyone is doing well.

:wave:

tramtwo 12-27-2012 10:50 AM

With the eating thing most of my unhealthy choices are always the most convenient ones. :D

tramtwo posted this on the go

bossbunny 12-27-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 5960864)
With the eating thing most of my unhealthy choices are always the most convenient ones. :D

tramtwo posted this on the go

Eating healthy does take some prep. Prep your meals for the week on Sunday or the night before so you can just grab it and go. If you have to grab something on the go, get a food app and look up the calorie counts so you make a better decision.

CFD 12-27-2012 11:51 AM

Motivation/ accountability is very important to keep things on track, posting in a thread like this is a good start.

It's funny how people refuse to put garbage in their cars but not their bodies. Everytime you go to eat something think of two things, first does my body need it or my mind, secondly what will it do for my body. If the answers are not favorable, don't eat it. There are an unlimited amount of healthy food choices so there should be no lame excuses.

11BEE 12-27-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFD (Post 5961075)
Motivation/ accountability is very important to keep things on track, posting in a thread like this is a good start.

It's funny how people refuse to put garbage in their cars but not their bodies. Everytime you go to eat something think of two things, first does my body need it or my mind, secondly what will it do for my body. If the answers are not favorable, don't eat it. There are an unlimited amount of healthy food choices so there should be no lame excuses.

:word: Very well said. The biggest thing I have also noticed is alcohol. I quit drinking last march and started to loose 3-4 pounds a week. When I went on vacation in the summer and started to drink wine again, BAMM the weight loss stopped. I firmly believe beer is more unhealthy than a double quarter pounder.

kalimus 12-27-2012 12:33 PM

Oh boy! I was wondering when the 2013 thread was going to start :) I'm not cutting this year. I'm going on a weight gaining mission until next spring, but I'll give advice and motivation for those on their journey!