CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   11.84 stock SS A8 positive DA (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515909)

Steph93lx 12-13-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 (Post 10008901)
yeah hes been driving professionally for years. hes fords test driver. and it was a track rental for a hot road magazine article

still not quicker than an average joe at a regular track night

Still beat your #1 average Joe stock SS -1000DA run

Everybody knows how hard is too drive a stock Camaro or Mustang automatic!

Ian SS 12-13-2017 07:35 PM

IDK man when I saw him post that on Facebook I looked through his FB and saw he had pics of his car with drag radials mounted. Kinda makes it hard for me to believe he ran that kind of time in normal air on the factory tire.

ULTRAZLS1 12-13-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph93lx (Post 10008913)
Still beat your #1 average Joe stock SS -1000DA run

Everybody knows how hard is too drive a stock Camaro or Mustang automatic!

whats the best time on your list?

Steph93lx 12-13-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 (Post 10008931)
whats the best time on your list?

The car is just starting to arrive with many tracks close up north. Be patient they 're will be plenty of 11's stock A10 with average joe behind the weel that can't drive a stick .
After winter when their car has arrived I know at least a couple of those guy's and one of them know how to drive a stick but it's irrelevant since he order a A10 :biggrin:

SSfriendly 12-13-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

yeah hes been driving professionally for years. hes fords test driver. and it was a track rental for a hot rod magazine article

they wont stop till they run quicker than the SS. even if its not realistic. They'll do a rental in -1500 and beat the SS eventually. its kinda funny

not that I expect it...but that would be something if the SS gets a power bump and a 10 speed next year. be some hurt feels for sure

Word on the street is his run was in 300+ DA

Again, track rental doesn't negate anything.

Steph93lx 12-13-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSfriendly (Post 10008955)

If It's 300+ it is a great run!!!

Maybe It's because I am not from the USA but I don't understand all that hates and frictions between Mustang and Camaro owner. I can understand the competition but there is stuberness on both side like if It's gonna screw all my life that I am faster or slower than the other brands lol.

I am a v8 lover. If the Mustang was not there I would have got a Camaro or Challenger without hesitation.

I just don't usually like automatic cars and I got close to get a ss m6 to replace my 2015 GT m6 as I could not stand the mt82 in my 2015. I change my mind and decide to try the A10 after watching the zl1 video and see if I like It!

Knowing the next gen camaro will probably be a bit faster than the 2018. I think it is a good thing that force other manufacturer to get better product on the road.

As far as track rental I don't know what is the big thing. I am sure I would not have run faster if I had rent my local track. In fact I prefer to have big slick race car doing pass before my runs!

SSfriendly 12-13-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph93lx (Post 10008970)
Maybe It's because I am not from the USA but I don't understand all that hates and frictions between Mustang and Camaro owner.
I am a v8 lover. If the Mustang was not there I would have got a Camaro or Challenger without hesitation.
Knowing the next gen camaro will probably be a bit faster than the 2018. I think it is a good thing that force other manufacturer to get better product on the road.

As far as track rental I don't know what is the big thing. I am sure I would not have run faster if I had rent my local track. In fact I prefer to have big slick race car doing pass before my runs!

Track rentals seems to be a common topic lately. For some reason, some people seem to think it somehow lessons the value of a 1/4 mile run or somehow makes the times unobtainable by the common Joe. In all reality, it gives the people rental time to make runs, take videos etc. at their own pace and has no bearing on the performance.

And you're absolutely right...I've always enjoyed running right after big slicks. :thumb:

As for the friction, there really is two types at play. One between die hard Chevy vs Ford folk and secondly with those that try to justify their purchase. Most of it is in good fun, but it often gets in the way of being a objectionable observer.

BlaqWhole 12-13-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

yeah hes been driving professionally for years. hes fords test driver. and it was a track rental for a hot rod magazine article

they wont stop till they run quicker than the SS. even if its not realistic. They'll do a rental in -1500 and beat the SS eventually. its kinda funny

not that I expect it...but that would be something if the SS gets a power bump and a 10 speed next year. be some hurt feels for sure

These runs are starting to look a little suspect. Especially in how widely they vary. I mean in 2 weeks we have seen 12.3 on DRs, 12,2 on DRs, 12 flat bone stock, 11.3 on DRs with tune and drag pack...and now this guy allegedly does an 11.89 stock. And these are all pros or pro-level guys on rentals within 2 weeks time. Something ain't adding up. I'm really eager to see what they do at my track once it opens.
Quote:

What was the actual DA?
Quote:

That is your opinion. Those of us who go to the track feel differently. It is much easier to run when you don't have pressure around you. On a rental you can take your time without outside interference or stimulus taking your focus.

SSfriendly 12-13-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 10008976)
These runs are starting to look a little suspect. Especially in how widely they vary. I mean in 2 weeks we have seen 12.3 on DRs, 12,2 on DRs, 12 flat bone stock, 11.3 on DRs with tune and drag pack...and now this guy allegedly does an 11.89 stock. And these are all pros or pro-level guys on rentals within 2 weeks time. Something ain't adding up. I'm really eager to see what they do at my track once it opens.

What was the actual DA?

That is your opinion. Those of us who go to the track feel differently. It is much easier to run when you don't have pressure around you. On a rental you can take your time without outside interference or stimulus taking your focus.

Again, word on the street was it was between 300-400DA.

As for track rentals, again...total BS. Anyone that is purely interested in running your best 1/4 time can easily block out almost all external stimulus. You don't focus on your RT and pay attention to what the eff you're doing...it's not difficult.

Why would you have any pressure put on you during test an tune nights? You're not actually racing against the person next to you....there is absolutely no pressure to perform at all. :iono:

BlaqWhole 12-13-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph93lx (Post 10008970)
Maybe It's because I am not from the USA but I don't understand all that hates and frictions between Mustang and Camaro owner.

I just don't usually like automatic cars and I got close to get a ss m6 to replace my 2015 GT m6 as I could not stand the mt82 in my 2015. I change my mind and decide to try the A10 after watching the zl1 video and see if I like It!

You don't understand the friction? LOL! Let me ask you, which Mustang board are you a member of? Or did you just happen to get a 15 GT and then come onto Camaro6 instead of M6G and jump right in on the 18 GT vs Camaro SS topic thread? Funny for someone who doesn't understand the rivalry to be smack-dab in the middle of it on the opposition's board, lol!

Track rentals are much better than track events or track nights. I've done a few rentals and you can think clearer, you can focus more, and there is much less pressure which makes you much less nervous. Higher nerves lead to mistakes on the track. Nobody is taking credit away from the runs tho. We're simply saying that there is an advantage to being on a rented track as opposed to going to a track night. If you had a choice and you wanted to run your best time and the money wasn't an object, trust me, you'd rent the track.

Steph93lx 12-13-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 10008976)
These runs are starting to look a little suspect. Especially in how widely they vary. I mean in 2 weeks we have seen 12.3 on DRs, 12,2 on DRs, 12 flat bone stock, 11.3

PRESSURE that's funny. What pressure. You have pressure during test and tune?
You think It's pressure holding the brake flashing before you launch on a automatic lol.
If you think that's pressure you must have a perfect life.

I think that they have more pressure at a rental track filming and doing Facebook live. If they screw everybody will know lol.

BlaqWhole 12-13-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSfriendly (Post 10008985)
Again, word on the street was it was between 300-400DA.

I'm not asking word on the street. I'm asking if you know what it actually was which I suspect you don't. If you don't know then just say so.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSfriendly (Post 10008985)
As for track rentals, again...total BS. Anyone that is purely interested in running your best 1/4 time can easily block out almost all external stimulus. You don't focus on your RT and pay attention to what the eff you're doing...it's not difficult.

Why would you have any pressure put on you during test an tune nights? You're not actually racing against the person next to you....there is absolutely no pressure to perform at all. :iono:

Funny for someone who has discredited everything we've said in favor of the Camaro that you would argue about track rentals, lol!!

ULTRAZLS1 12-13-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph93lx (Post 10008953)
The car is just starting to arrive with many tracks close up north. Be patient they 're will be plenty of 11's stock A10 with average joe behind the weel that can't drive a stick .
After winter when their car has arrived I know at least a couple of those guy's and one of them know how to drive a stick but it's irrelevant since he order a A10 :biggrin:

good talk

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSfriendly (Post 10008975)
Track rentals seems to be a common topic lately. For some reason, some people seem to think it somehow lessons the value of a 1/4 mile run or somehow makes the times unobtainable by the common Joe. In all reality, it gives the people rental time to make runs, take videos etc. at their own pace and has no bearing on the performance.

And you're absolutely right...I've always enjoyed running right after big slicks. :thumb:

As for the friction, there really is two types at play. One between die hard Chevy vs Ford folk and secondly with those that try to justify their purchase. Most of it is in good fun, but it often gets in the way of being a objectionable observer.

does it bother you when I list the facts of the run?

fords test driver at a track rental. did I lie? did I say anything else?

sorry facts bug you lulz

BlaqWhole 12-13-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph93lx (Post 10008988)
PRESSURE that's funny. What pressure. You have pressure during test and tune?
You think It's pressure holding the brake flashing before you launch on a automatic lol.
If you think that's pressure you must have a perfect life.

I think that they have more pressure at a rental track filming and doing Facebook live. If they screw everybody will know lol.

I do have the perfect life. And it gets better and better everyday. Thanks.

Was this run on Facebook live?