Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Headers with out a tune (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295465)

The Blue Ox 05-16-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 (Post 6549951)

so is texas doing emissions testing now?

You must get an inspection every year in Texas! After 95, they plug into your OBD port and check for codes. You can't have any lights on your dash or you will fail! If they look under your car and see you have a piece of straight pipe instead of cats,hooked up to your headers, you Fail!

coreyaustin17 05-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Blue Ox (Post 6550746)
You must get an inspection every year in Texas! After 95, they plug into your OBD port and check for codes. You can't have any lights on your dash or you will fail! If they look under your car and see you have a piece of straight pipe instead of cats,hooked up to your headers, you Fail!

damn look like i might have to change my mods up before moving to southlake tx

litle88 05-16-2013 12:56 PM

Just keep your address or just put the stock stuff back on.

Sword5 05-16-2013 01:36 PM

So glad i don't live in Texas or an inspection required state!

The Blue Ox 05-16-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 (Post 6551445)
damn look like i might have to change my mods up before moving to southlake tx

Yep, They are pretty bad here! It's ok for headers but you need to have your cats on!(or at least something that looks like a cat) Lols!Get those mods taking care of and Come On Down!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword5 (Post 6551583)
So glad i don't live in Texas or an inspection required state!

Same for my brother, he lives in Alabama and I don't think he has inspection either! Must be nice!!:lol:

Crim 05-16-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6547228)
Ok I just talked to Shawn.
he said my car should be 100% compliant with Texas inspection and emission laws.
and I should NOT have to go see him or require anything else for the inspection.

LOL... this is simply not true. You go to an inspection station in Harris county and you will fail the first check. The law has changed... only one not ready is allowed and you have two. But then I'm sure your tuner in LA knows the emission rules here.:smoking:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRIS10's $ponsor (Post 6547658)
You could just move to a TX county that doesn't have emission testing like me. :D
As long a my wipers work, I'm good.

This Space For Rent!

^^^ This is true as long as you have a residence there.

thahemp 05-17-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim (Post 6553759)
LOL... this is simply not true. You go to an inspection station in Harris county and you will fail the first check. The law has changed... only one not ready is allowed and you have two. But then I'm sure your tuner in LA knows the emission rules here.:smoking:

^^^ This is true as long as you have a residence there.

If you're talking about rear O2 codes... He would have 4... Maybe more? I had 4. Except he's tuned. He'll have 0.