Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Discontinue Camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315146)

Angrybird 12 08-26-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6943303)
Well according to rumor...what do you think the "C" in CTS stands for?

Hmm Cadillac?

juandavr 08-26-2013 05:27 PM

if it is about going electric or hybrid...am I the only one thinking about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcNiF8ov78
it just does not seems to be right, I mean, that SLS has 700BHP+ but without the engine sound it isn't right for me, I think we'll have to get used to it, and adapt an old quote "A monster is suposed to roar, not to whistle...or be quiet"

atma 08-26-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6943303)
Well according to rumor...what do you think the "C" in CTS stands for?

The Catera lives on. :laugh:

it's the caddy that ZIGS!! :burnrubber:

kevint 08-26-2013 05:33 PM

At some point in the near (cosmologically-speaking) future, we will cease to exist as well.

FenwickHockey65 08-26-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6943317)
Hmm Cadillac?

CTS - Catera Touring Sedan
STS - Seville Touring Sedan
DTS - Deville Touring Sedan

Of course, that's never been confirmed. And nobody knows what XLR, ELR, and XTS would stand for.

ECCamaro 08-26-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolltideSS (Post 6942625)
There is a limit to how efficiently you can capture the energy from internal combustion and turn it into mpg.....

Perish the thought! There is no limit to human creativity and how efficiently one can capture energy from an internal combustion engine and turn it into mpg.

Just think in a few short centuries we will be able to do this:

http://youtu.be/lWB7owOezAQ

How's that for horsepower!

Then shortly after that we will be able to do this!

http://youtu.be/rdxGWlIYY4s

The Camaro may go away but it will be back. :headbang:

PatS 08-26-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWSME SS (Post 6942522)

:word:

tomlink 08-26-2013 06:18 PM

So much Ford Probe hate here. I love my Camaro, but

==============
my '93 Probe was the BEST HANDLING CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED
==============

Cool it with the bull*** unless you have owned one.

Can't say it was faster in a straight line but:
- Took corners faster than anything
- was more predictable than my Camaro
- ALWAYS got 25mpg or better EVERY DAY

==============
And yes I miss it.

The Camaro is a different experience. Love it too.

snaphappy 08-26-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomlink (Post 6943487)
So much Ford Probe hate here. I love my Camaro, but

==============
my '93 Probe was the BEST HANDLING CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED
==============

Cool it with the bull*** unless you have owned one.

Can't say it was faster in a straight line but:
- Took corners faster than anything
- was more predictable than my Camaro
- ALWAYS got 25mpg or better EVERY DAY

==============
And yes I miss it.

The Camaro is a different experience. Love it too.

Awww, I don't think anyone was really dissing the Probe. Just pointing out that you can't replace the Mustang, and therefore replacing the Camaro would not go over well.

When I started this thread I was in no way knocking GM's design. The Vette and the Camaro are just astounding designs. Truly! And I also wasn't suggesting that the Camaro was in trouble in the short term. Jay Leno said that this car would save GM.

I'm just questioning the long term future of the muscle car. In general. It's not just the Camaro. You guys have made a lot of good comments. For example, the Tesla, the performance on that thing is incredible. Would I be comfortable with Tesla performance with a Camaro name? I KNOW it will be designed well, I'm sure it will look gorgeous. But will it really be a Camaro?

Hey maybe people felt the same way when fuel injection replaced carburetors? Or when emissions killed the muscle cars in the late 60's - and look they're back now! Maybe there's a way to keep muscle going.

Vroom_vroom 08-26-2013 06:39 PM

I can't say it would be a total shocker as it has been done. But if they bring back pontiac you would never hear me complain. I love my car but pontiac/ Holden is higher up on the bad ass scale.

tomlink 08-26-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaphappy (Post 6943548)
I'm just questioning the long term future of the muscle car. In general. It's not just the Camaro.

Others have already replied that no way would Chevy discontinue a car that is leading its segment. I agree.

But taking the car in a new direction. Is that bad? Better handling. Better MPG.

I test drove a Mustang in '93. It was a POS in almost every spec compared with a Probe. Yep - straight line accel a Mustang was great. But ... only spec it won actually. Should the Probe have been the next Mustang? I could not have cared less.

So if a redesigned Camaro got 25+ MPG and handled great and ONLY had 300hp, you would disown it because it was not a "muscle car"? How about if the same "reduced" HP was faster? Handled better? Had better MPG?

I say BRING ON the improvements! Make the Camaro a better car for the future! Maybe I'll get a 2025 Camaro next.

White Shark 08-26-2013 07:39 PM

I think GM is having fun building the Camaro to smash the mustang and it's super snake. just reading GM's Triple Threat and saw the ZLR that was built with 755rwhp, that was built to Blow up the 662hp snake.

kevinw 08-26-2013 07:51 PM

i am looking at new camaros. my salesman, in the showroom, was showing me the new Volt, and Impala. he thinks in 10 to 15 yrs, camaro will not exist as we know it with CAFE standards, and move toward green, etc. he thought sportscars in general could be in trouble. but really, do we all want to drive around in Nissan Leafs and Toyota Prius? the Volt is nice, but what can beat a sports car? maybe the SS down the road will be a supercharged v6 and the LT a supercharged 4 putting out same horsepowers but meeting CAFE and green effect.

colingordon 08-26-2013 08:01 PM

I heard they are putting diseal in the Camaro August 27 of 2013 and then moving the Oshawa Plant to the moon, they claim it will exceed government regulations.

Colin Gordon