Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   SOUTH DAKOTA CAMAROS! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20861)

Miketebo22 05-01-2009 09:45 AM

SOUTH DAKOTA CAMAROS!

As of right now there are 8 people in front of me at my dealer alone, so i know that SODAK has more than a few of these beasts headed our way. One of them is built and is in transit, but i dont know who it belongs to. SHOW YOURSELVES!:wave::wave::wave:

Justcallme61 05-04-2009 04:49 AM

Oh really? Do you know where it's located? I would gladly spend the weekend driving around looking for it around Sioux Falls ;)

Miketebo22 05-04-2009 01:39 PM

yea all 8 that i am talking about are ending up in western SD. Most in Rapid. If i find out about any going east river, i will definitely let you know!

iversonjl 05-05-2009 10:46 PM

looks like there is one going to yankton!!!!!

Kyle2k 05-05-2009 10:50 PM

I'm from ND :S lol - still waiting on seeing them up here too.

Speed74SS 05-06-2009 08:17 AM

I live in Sioux Falls and ordered mine from Karl Chev in Ankeney IA because Billion in Sioux Falls wanted 5 to 10k over MSRP. My order just got picked up for production a couple weeks ago - hopefully I will have it soon and I will be driving around Sioux Falls. I ordered the Pedders Xtreme Coilovers also. I pre-ordered a Black 2SS/RS manual in Oct. I also have a friend that preordered from the dealership in Brookings and should be getting his soon too - VR 2SS auto. I have a cousin that preordered a Cyber Gray with black stripes 2SS/RS auto from the Bismarck dealership.
I look forward to seeing a few on the road soon. I work at 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment in Sioux Falls, so you will see the car parked out front once I get it.

iversonjl 05-06-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 461896)
I live in Sioux Falls and ordered mine from Karl Chev in Ankeney IA because Billion in Sioux Falls wanted 5 to 10k over MSRP. My order just got picked up for production a couple weeks ago - hopefully I will have it soon and I will be driving around Sioux Falls. I ordered the Pedders Xtreme Coilovers also. I pre-ordered a Black 2SS/RS manual in Oct. I also have a friend that preordered from the dealership in Brookings and should be getting his soon too - VR 2SS auto. I have a cousin that preordered a Cyber Gray with black stripes 2SS/RS auto from the Bismarck dealership.
I look forward to seeing a few on the road soon. I work at 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment in Sioux Falls, so you will see the car parked out front once I get it.

really 5 to 10k over because i got mine for msrp from billion buick in watertown.

Justcallme61 05-06-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't have expected any less from them...considering it's not possible to find ANY nice car around here not marked up a few thousand, dealership or not. Mind if I stop by and check it out when you get it? :P

Speed74SS 05-06-2009 02:45 PM

I even know one of the sales guys over there and I was going to order through him but he came back and told me the 5k or 10k over MSRP and I had to respectfully decline!! That was in Oct.
Definately stop by the store and I will post it on here when I actually take delivery also. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.. I will send you a PM also when I get it.

I had to buy my MazdaSpeed 6 from a dealer in Detroit also. I wanted to buy one from Billion but I got it for about 7K cheaper elsewhere. The wife will get the 6.

Miketebo22 05-07-2009 01:08 PM

Lots of love going east river sounds like! there was a Red SS parked at the mall here in Rapid yesterday i guess...license plate was from either lead, deadwood or spearfish. Im jealous! I probably wont get my car for another 2 months which sucks, i wanted to roll up to the theatre to see the new transformers in my own version of bumblebee! Except mines black...so i guess im gonna call it the Hornet!

Speed74SS 05-07-2009 08:35 PM

Im going to have to see if there are any car clubs around here - I havent been in the loop since I had my 98SS and I sold that in 2004.

Justcallme61 05-09-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 462954)
I even know one of the sales guys over there and I was going to order through him but he came back and told me the 5k or 10k over MSRP and I had to respectfully decline!! That was in Oct.
Definately stop by the store and I will post it on here when I actually take delivery also. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.. I will send you a PM also when I get it.

I had to buy my MazdaSpeed 6 from a dealer in Detroit also. I wanted to buy one from Billion but I got it for about 7K cheaper elsewhere. The wife will get the 6.

Will do! I just can't believe the prices people and dealers want for cars around here. I was previously looking at 5.0 Mustangs and I couldn't find one for under 5000, even ones with over 150,000 miles. I will definitely be taking a road trip to get my Camaro when the time comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 467571)
Im going to have to see if there are any car clubs around here - I havent been in the loop since I had my 98SS and I sold that in 2004.

That's another thing about this place lol. I don't think we have any decent car clubs around here. You don't really get love around here for your car unless you drive an Evo, STI, or Civic.:thumbdown:

Justcallme61 05-09-2009 11:05 PM

Actually I take that back. I'm sure Zekota (sp?) would gladly accept a few new Camaros on Saturdays this summer. If you didn't know, the one on Minnesota has a gathering of muscle cars every Saturday every summer. Lots of cool people there to talk muscle car with, good food too!

Speed74SS 05-10-2009 12:59 AM

I am definately going to have to hit Zekota on Saturday nights - I have some family from Brookings that hits that every once in a while with his old corvette and a few other nice older nova's and camaro's he has. I know all about the STI's and such too. One of good friends that works at 2nd Wind with me has a 2006 STI that he had upgraded by Tommy Archer racing (Vipers). It is parked at the store quite a bit and has over 400 to the wheels - very fast - I can vouch for this.

86IROC&2010SS 05-11-2009 08:59 PM

I found out today that mine's on the train heading this way (Brookings). I'm really hoping to get it this week.

Miketebo22 05-11-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86IROC&2010SS (Post 478453)
I found out today that mine's on the train heading this way (Brookings). I'm really hoping to get it this week.

awesome! congrats!

Justcallme61 05-13-2009 05:05 AM

Quote:

Let us know when you get it! And pictures!

2010 Silver Bullet 05-14-2009 06:11 PM

Sure wish mine was on it's way. Congrats to you and let us know as soon as you get it.

old67_new2010 05-14-2009 06:37 PM

Sioux Falls

Quote:

Hello ...ill be in sioux falls sometime in june with my new 2ss R/S SIM. Black and Titanium interior...Family all lives there. Im in Colorado. hope to see you on the road all!:thumbup:

Speed74SS 05-14-2009 07:36 PM

Old 67 - let us know when you are coming in June - I should have mine by then too. I can't wait to see yours also 86. You going to get the windows tinted? I stopped by Brian's Tint the other day.

86IROC&2010SS 05-14-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 488053)
Old 67 - let us know when you are coming in June - I should have mine by then too. I can't wait to see yours also 86. You going to get the windows tinted? I stopped by Brian's Tint the other day.

I'll probably get them tinted at some point. Brian's tinted a few cars for me...he does good work. Still no sign of my car...it's driving me nuts knowing it's so close yet so far away. :)

Justcallme61 05-15-2009 06:31 PM

Oh man, I just pictured two 2010 Camaros cruising, side by side. THAT would be a sight....The more Camaros we have here, the better :)

86IROC&2010SS 05-15-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Well, it doesn't look like it's going to happen this week. I received another update from the dealer today, and they have been invoiced for the car. He said he called the shipping yard, and they said to look for it the end of next week. Oh well, what's one more week? :chevy:

rxweelo 05-15-2009 11:22 PM

Well guys I thought I would throw this up... there was one in SD today at Dakota Digital in Sioux Falls for about seven hours. Noweeds.net installed a set of there exhaust cut outs on it and they will have videos, install pics, and dyno numbers on here soon. The car sounded very nice with them and they worked it all out today to make it a very simple kit to install. I will let them handle all that though as they get to it, and not trying to thread jack it was just neat to see one up close and drive it. The car was from around Iowa City. heres a couple pics. It was the imp. blue metalic SS with black stripes looked very sharp cant wait to see a few around town, hope you all get yours soon!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...lo/2010cam.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...2010camexh.jpg

old67_new2010 05-16-2009 02:55 PM

SD trip!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86IROC&2010SS (Post 488233)
I'll probably get them tinted at some point. Brian's tinted a few cars for me...he does good work. Still no sign of my car...it's driving me nuts knowing it's so close yet so far away. :)

Ill let you all know about a week before i come down. im still sitting at 3300 code. so its scheduled for production , just dont know when?...:headbang:

Miketebo22 05-18-2009 10:48 PM

OK SODAK....i think we need to make a statewide camaro club. I have talked to a bunch of camaro owners at the Sturgis Dragstrip and none are aware of a camaro club in SD. I think we should do it. let me know what you think!

Speed74SS 05-19-2009 06:53 PM

I would love to get a SD camaro club going. It would give me something to look forward to.

Miketebo22 05-19-2009 08:53 PM

how would we go about doing that?

iversonjl 05-19-2009 11:12 PM

idk but im in
we could make this our official website and just tell each other when we will be in each others towns or something along those lines

Speed74SS 05-19-2009 11:33 PM

We could get a list going and hold different cruises to different towns or something - Rapid, Watertown, Sioux Falls, Brookings, Yankton etc. I would love to road trip once in a while and get together. I think the only thing going on here in Sioux Falls is the get togethers on Saturday nights at ZKota Grill, where a bunch of different cars show up.

iversonjl 05-20-2009 02:42 PM

yah that would work to and it would be great to go to different towns

Miketebo22 05-20-2009 03:28 PM

they do car shows in deadwood every year, called cool deadwood nights. ill do a little research on it. for now i say Iverson had a good plan with this being the site for it. now we just have to spread the word to all camaro owners that are interested

86IROC&2010SS 05-20-2009 09:07 PM

It's here!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I got a call this morning from the dealer..."you should get down here, I have something to show you". What an awesome car!!

Interesting note...I had never seen one in person until I saw mine this morning. Then, when the dealer and I left the station after filling her with gas, I met a silver one on the street. What are the chances?

Also, I was told there was a silver one on the hauler heading for Dell Rapids.

Here are a couple of pics. (The pictures don't do it any justice)

Miketebo22 05-20-2009 10:54 PM

awesome!! congratulations!!!! i believe your the first in SD...or maybe the silver one was

iversonjl 05-20-2009 11:37 PM

saaaaweet i want mine now i just cant wait till i get it. but looks like ill be waiting till mid june
and that cool deadwood nights would be pretty awsome to go to especially with all our cars

Miketebo22 05-20-2009 11:52 PM

just checked on that kool deadwood nights thing...its actually an old car car show...not for modern cars. so thats out. but i knows there is a few more througout the year that we could go to...and i think it wold be badass if we had our own 2010 camaro section!

Justcallme61 05-21-2009 02:59 PM

Congrats! I heard from a friend that there's a yellow one in town now too.

Speed74SS 05-21-2009 05:49 PM

Sweet - That's awesome that it is finally here!!!!! I wish mine was on the same truck.... Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. That baby looks sweet. I'll bet your excited as hell!!!!!! You will have to keep us updated on how bad ass it is. I will try and let you know when I am coming through town and hopefully I can at least drive by where you are parked and check it out. We need to find a place to cruize now!!

On a side note - I thought I would update you guys on my plans for my car. I have the Magna Charger TVS2300 ordered, Borla Stinger exhaust ordered, Pedder's Extreme Xa Coilovers ordered and hopefully I will have it all installed by Aug sometime by Archer Racing in Duluth MN, depending on their race schedule. Should have some fun with this baby!!!!!! Watch out GT500's, here I come.....

Miketebo22 05-21-2009 07:09 PM

awesome! id love to have the extra money to throw a supercharger in it. luckily no one in rapid has a gt 500 so ill be whoopin ass all over the place anyway haha.

iversonjl 05-22-2009 12:00 AM

So yah if we could find some car shows or anything to go to that would be sweet. Also i prob wont get my car till end of june/ beginning of july, I called the dealer today and he gave me a build date of like june 20th or something like that