Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Injen Long tube vs Cold air inductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333016)

bionick 12-17-2013 12:05 PM

Injen Long tube vs Cold air inductions

What are your opinions?
CAI: $400
Injen:$240 on autoanything after discount code.

I don't need to worry much about hydrolocking since I live in Phoenix so please don't use that as a con for the Injen.
Obviously the Injen is quite a bit cheaper, but I'm willing to spend the extra money for better performance, but don't want to overspend if the injen is better or equal.. Thanks!

Kessler 12-17-2013 01:32 PM

I am happy with what I spent on my intake.

rgrmoreira13 12-17-2013 01:52 PM

There is always Roto-FAB intakes and yes they do make a huge difference.

Jason@JacFab 12-17-2013 02:18 PM

I don't like the idea of having "too much" intake tube... More bends in the tube, and the longer length can cause drag in the airflow... Not saying the Injen is "too much", but personally, it's not for me.

Definitely look at the Roto-Fab intake if you haven't considered it.

bionick 12-17-2013 02:52 PM

Cool thanks! Also, if anyone has any other preferences asides from the two I listed, please let me know

rtcat600man 12-17-2013 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It becomes a matter of what you want to see when you open your hood. For performance the two of those are very close to each other. Here is the HP numbers that were tested a few years ago on the LLT engine.

I also posted what can be done with your INJEN tube to add some of your own taste too.

bionick 12-17-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtcat600man (Post 7267420)
It becomes a matter of what you want to see when you open your hood. For performance the two of those are very close to each other. Here is the HP numbers that were tested a few years ago on the LLT engine.

I also posted what can be done with your INJEN tube to add some of your own taste too.

Awesome thank you!
I just recently got my LFX tuned by IPF and the guy told me one day they took a bunch of different cold air intakes and dyno'd them with the LFX and that the Airaid had the best gains

bionick 12-17-2013 03:18 PM

Does the "long tube" style really make that much difference? Interested because it is much cheaper than the rest of the options and it seems to get the most gains, and also doesn't seem like bad quality.

intensifi 12-17-2013 04:07 PM

Supposedly the z/28 intake is going to be offered by GMPP.

The questions are:
1) When
2) How much?

skibik 12-17-2013 04:22 PM

I guess I really can't say which one is the better choice. I went with the Injen short ram intake and I like it. It advertised with about the same added performance as the others but cost a lot less. I did it for the main reason of improving gas mileage which I think it helped to get 1 to 2 more MPG. 2nd reason was the little bit of added performance, it all helps and the more the better. 3rd reason was it was cheaper than the others.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=97761

Dean. :biggrin:

bionick 12-17-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 7267552)

The questions are:
1) When
2) How much?

Oh really? I've been waiting on the veraram intake to be released for the 2012+ but in kinda giving up haha

bionick 12-17-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibik (Post 7267586)
I guess I really can't say which one is the better choice. I went with the Injen short ram intake and I like it. It advertised with about the same added performance as the others but cost a lot less. I did it for the main reason of improving gas mileage which I think it helped to get 1 to 2 more MPG. 2nd reason was the little bit of added performance, it all helps and the more the better. 3rd reason was it was cheaper than the others.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=97761

Dean. :biggrin:

Thanks for the input!

Jason@JacFab 12-17-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 7267552)

The questions are:
1) When
2) How much?

I am fairly positive that it will not work with the v6 cars.

cmoney89 12-17-2013 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got the BBK for my 2013 no complaints had it for a few months. Mostly chose it because hard to get the CAI up here in Canada. It was either this or the K&N and I much preferred the one piece chrome design of this one. If I were you I would go for the Injen, that's a really great price and performance for almost all the intakes are really close, nothing you would feel anyways.