Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   on its way!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28668)

MissMy68 06-21-2009 03:01 PM

on its way!!

finally its in transit to my dealership. just when i was about to give up on the waiting game and cancel my order my dealer called me a week ago to tell me its on its way. now im just sitting waiting for the call. im on vacation this week so as soon as it comes here im hauling butt there.

my2010camaross 06-21-2009 03:04 PM

whod you order from and waht?
mines been at 3300 for 3 weeks ordered back in october black ss ls3

MissMy68 06-21-2009 03:10 PM

moritz. i definately won't be going back to them for anything. my salesman has always taken care of us but with this purchase he has really pissed me off. but my car should be here any day this week. he said it takes about 10 days to deliver. he received the info of it being in transit over a week ago

my2010camaross 06-21-2009 03:12 PM

thats awesome, i kinda feel the same away about my dealership. if i knew the way allocation works back in october would have never ordered from them.

Blue Demon 06-21-2009 03:17 PM

Moritz has done all the work on our Corvettes for the past 10 years but I've never ordered a car from them. Sorry to hear it wasn't a good experience for you. But, congrats on almost having your beast!!

MissMy68 06-21-2009 03:17 PM

very true. i should have gone to classic. but oh well. where did you order?

Blue Demon 06-21-2009 03:19 PM

Covert Chevrolet in Bastrop, just outside Austin.

MissMy68 06-21-2009 03:21 PM

have you heard of a shop called simple quick racing in benbrook? a guy i work with had all his work done on his ls1 there. i might check them out after i get the car. im hoping to get it before wednesday so i can drive it when i go see transformers 2 lol.

CWI 06-21-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMy68 (Post 606275)
finally its in transit to my dealership. just when i was about to give up on the waiting game and cancel my order my dealer called me a week ago to tell me its on its way. now im just sitting waiting for the call. im on vacation this week so as soon as it comes here im hauling butt there.

I could hardly contain my emotions when my salesman called to say mine was built May 6. Then after 5 weeks in QC, I got an e-mail from a high ranking GM Manager that it had shipped and even got the rail car number. Then I would call CSX 5 times a day to track it's progress across the USA.

It got to it's final rail destination in Portland yesterday. Only problem is I am working in Wyoming now. I have also ordered ARH headers, so as soon as I know the headers and the car are available to me I am getting a flight home to get them. Hopefully this next weekend.

MissMy68 06-21-2009 03:23 PM

i don't know how you aren't flying home immediately. unless the headers are being shipped to wyoming. i thinking of going full slp on my exhaust

Blue Demon 06-21-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMy68 (Post 606309)
have you heard of a shop called simple quick racing in benbrook? a guy i work with had all his work done on his ls1 there. i might check them out after i get the car. im hoping to get it before wednesday so i can drive it when i go see transformers 2 lol.

No, I haven't heard of that shop. You are so lucky, ours just got into the order system last Friday so we have a few months wait......

MissMy68 06-21-2009 03:28 PM

the salesman called me about almost 2 months ago and was telling me it was being built. he said it takes 4 days to build then they do whatever with it afterwards. im just getting more anxious now that i know its on its way. my vacation couldn't have fallen on a better week

Blue Demon 06-21-2009 03:35 PM

I think they are only on the line for a very short time these days now that they are cranking out several hundred a day.

gtjacket 06-21-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMy68 (Post 606322)
the salesman called me about almost 2 months ago and was telling me it was being built. he said it takes 4 days to build then they do whatever with it afterwards. im just getting more anxious now that i know its on its way. my vacation couldn't have fallen on a better week

When did you order?

CWI 06-21-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMy68 (Post 606313)
i don't know how you aren't flying home immediately. unless the headers are being shipped to wyoming. i thinking of going full slp on my exhaust

I am working in Wyoming. I'm putting the headers on there. My girlfriend is there too, she stayed home to take here grandaughter to see Jonas brothers. When I know everything is in place, I will fly home on a Thursday, hopefully this Thursday, get my car on the way home from the airport. Get up early Friday to put the headers on at my friends custom exhaust shop, take drive 130 miles down the Oregon coast, then drive back to Wyoming on Saturday and Sunday. Back to work on monday.

I used to be a construction superintendent until some injuries a few years ago gave me time to analize what I wanted to do. That's when I figured out that I could just be the inspector, have less responsibility and make same money. I have always been a good planner so hope this plan works. I would take more time but each day I miss is about $600.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Demon (Post 606330)
I think they are only on the line for a very short time these days now that they are cranking out several hundred a day.

They are building better than 400 cars a day 6 days a week :bow: The line is very long, each car actually is on the line for about 4 days.

MissMy68 06-21-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtjacket (Post 606390)
When did you order?

october when the preorders were available to be made

MaroSS 06-21-2009 10:08 PM

Congrats ... Glad to see that orders are going thru for most people :)