Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   '13 2LT Convertible Suspension Advice needed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325793)

BronxRS 10-30-2013 05:52 PM

'13 2LT Convertible Suspension Advice needed

I originally posted this on the convertible forum as its specific to verts. Lots of looks but no feedback, so I'm posting it here...

'13 2LT RS vert - I want to upgrade subframe bushings, trailing bars and toe links. I'm also looking to upgrade the rear sway bar but can't settle on a particular brand/model. I am leaning to BMRs or PFADT for the trailing bar and toe links and Pedders for the subframe bushings. My concern is ordering a part to learn it just doesn't fit. My vehicle is mostly a daily driver but I am getting too much hop on hard starts and roll on lane changes. I'm on stock struts with Eibach ProKit springs.

Can anyone with specific knowledge about '13 convertibles provide some advice on brands/model numbers? I don't know if the additional weight of the verts makes any difference on suspension components. The added OEM suspension components on the vert (under bracing etc) also leave me questioning what will and will not "fit" on my car.

I'm amazed at the number of ads for products for '10-'13 (and now '10-'14) models without regard to minor dimension changes or movement in hole placement. I don't want to be cutting/carving/drilling to install what should be a straight OEM replacement part.

Thanks.

Fast6.3 10-30-2013 10:54 PM

I got a 2011 ss vert that I upgraded the rear suspension to FE4 which has the swaybars outboard of the shocks because I installed the Pfadt ZL1 swaybars. I think yours is also an FE4 you can call JDP Jordan knows his stuff and will advice you good. I got pedders cradle bushing inserts and pfadt trailing arms and toe rods also got pfadt rear upper control arm bushings really happy with my setup Jordan really hooked me up information and price wise highly recommend. My car handles superbly and just hooks at the track. I didnt do springs because I dont want to be hitting parking curbs and messing my splitter. Im also running 275 in front and 315 in rear and the gap is pretty good

TBone 10-31-2013 02:30 PM

What is your GMMB?

T.

JDP Sales 10-31-2013 02:51 PM

I just responded to your other thread. Check it out and feel free to call, PM or email me with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

BronxRS 11-01-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone (Post 7145332)
What is your GMMB?

T.

Goals - having a daily driver that will absorb brutal pot holes and speed bumps without jarring me out of my seat, but being able to drive it hard when I want to. For this vehicle, I expect to take highway corners and make uneventful lane changes at speeds of around 65-70 mph without body sway/roll. I also don't want the car hopping at that speed over a slight bump.

Model - 2013 2LT RS convertible (6AT)

Modifications - current suspension mods are Eibach ProKit springs only. Performance mods include CAI intake, VMax ported TB, Solo catback exhaust,

Budget - increments of around $250 at a time (one mod per month)

JDP Sales 11-01-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronxRS (Post 7146939)
Goals - having a daily driver that will absorb brutal pot holes and speed bumps without jarring me out of my seat, but being able to drive it hard when I want to. For this vehicle, I expect to take highway corners and make uneventful lane changes at speeds of around 65-70 mph without body sway/roll. I also don't want the car hopping at that speed over a slight bump.

Model - 2013 2LT RS convertible (6AT)

Modifications - current suspension mods are Eibach ProKit springs only. Performance mods include CAI intake, VMax ported TB, Solo catback exhaust,

Budget - increments of around $250 at a time (one mod per month)

You are probably going to have to save up for a couple months and get some funds together for some items. I'd suggest starting off with the Pfadt ZL spec sway bars with new front and rear endlinks (Part # 1410138). This will be your best bang for your buck for handling. From there, I'd go with the Pfadt rear trailing arm package (Part # 1410134), then some Prothane Subframe mounts and Pfadt upper control arm bushings Pre-pressed in a new GM bracket (Part # JDPS1001)

Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions or for the BEST pricing. :thumb:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007