Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   CAI intake + Scoop without washer bottle relocation? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298531)

Bmatth1162 05-29-2013 03:56 PM

CAI intake + Scoop without washer bottle relocation?

Hey guys,

I tried searching but couldn't find this exact question. I'm ready to buy a CAI intake and scoop, but was wondering if it were possible to simply do away with the washer bottle and not bother with the relocation kit? I've never once used the windshield washer fluid and don't ever plan to... What would be involved in this? Would I have to plug the hose somehow?

Secondly, what is involved in the installation of the scoop? From what I understand it's an easy DIY installation that just involves some cutting of plastic. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!
Brendan

Drew NOel 05-29-2013 03:58 PM

That's all I've seen to. Seems pretty simple. And yes - the relocation just allows you to keep the function. if you don't want it... I guess you don't need it.

Apex Motorsports 05-29-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 (Post 6603844)
Hey guys,

I tried searching but couldn't find this exact question. I'm ready to buy a CAI intake and scoop, but was wondering if it were possible to simply do away with the washer bottle and not bother with the relocation kit? I've never once used the windshield washer fluid and don't ever plan to... What would be involved in this? Would I have to plug the hose somehow?

Secondly, what is involved in the installation of the scoop? From what I understand it's an easy DIY installation that just involves some cutting of plastic. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!
Brendan

If you don't need the use of your washers then just don't get a washer tank relocation when you order the CAI and scoop. The only thing it changes is that you do not have to install a washer relocation kit. Installing the CAI intake and scoop is very easy. Below is a link to a good DIY article. He removed the front bumper because he was also installing a grill but that is not required to install the scoop.

Apex Motorsports Washer Tank Relocation Kit & Air Scoop

Sales @ CAI Inc 05-30-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 (Post 6603844)
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Brendan

No matter what you choose to do with your washer bottle, we thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc. for your CAI! :thumbup: