Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BBB (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310303)

jtulery 07-31-2013 05:26 AM

BBB

Hi there been a lot of talk on camaro5. About some vendors/poor service!
Know one has filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau.
Just asking :noidea:

Titan 07-31-2013 08:01 AM

BBB is a joke. Its not the consumer protection group that you think it is. Businesses can pretty much buy ratings if they so choose.

TooCool5 07-31-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan (Post 6841619)
BBB is a joke. Its not the consumer protection group that you think it is. Businesses can pretty much buy ratings if they so choose.

So true, founf this out first hand with a complaint against my ISP.

jtulery 07-31-2013 09:24 AM

Ok that's true !!! But it may help someone if they look first

Iroczlover 07-31-2013 11:28 AM

BBB will side with the business over anything else.

a couple years ago we bought a car from a dealership (used car) & they never told us that the transmission was bad. 2 days later we took the car back in because it was acting up They again didn't say anything.
Not a month later the transmission gave up & they said OH well you raced the car its your problem. (IT WAS FLIPPING NOV when we bought the car, you don't race cars in NOV in Washington state). Anyways they refused to pay for the transmission even though we had proof they knew it was bad. Thank god we have friends that were willing to help out. got the transmission pulled & fixed for less than what they were quoting us to get a new transmission(you can not buy a new transmission for $2k you can buy one used for that car but not fixed)

I did a BBB report & nothing got done.

a couple years earlier I filed a report on someone ****ing my car up. & charging me over 4k when he quoted me 1k to do the job. Again nothing got done by bbb. What did get done with this jerk off was there was several Airforce guys that had or was going to take their cars in to him. They pulled out quickly & now he is banned from racing at one of the track because of this. (this is when pinks all out came to seattle. My Iroc & I were picked to race & he ****ed up my car so I couldn't race)

thespymaster 07-31-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan (Post 6841619)

You are 100% correct....

BBB is a "NOT" a government agency period. 99% of the BBB offices are franchised locations.

A vendor here on Camaro5 will fill the wraith a lot more than some frivolous BBB complaint