Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   LOSS OF POWER (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293252)

1MP3RIALCAMARO 05-03-2013 06:51 PM

LOSS OF POWER

Went to pass someone on the highway, down shifted to third and hit the gas.. instant loss of power for about a second or so and then it was like the car came to life... anybody with this issue out there? 2010 2SS with 13K miles. only modification is magnaflow axle back exhaust. nothing else.

JimE 05-03-2013 07:24 PM

Hesitation can be caused by any number of things such as bad gas or actual parts issues. It might be time to run some fuel injector cleaner and/or gas treatment through it. You can also have it checked to see if it's throwing any codes.

1MP3RIALCAMARO 05-03-2013 07:26 PM

Well where I live you either have to put in 93 with up to 10% ethanol or 91 with no ethanol? Still gas treatment or fuel injector cleaner?

brkntires 05-03-2013 07:48 PM

Mine has does that when the traction control takes over.

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk

GraySS2011 05-03-2013 07:58 PM

I felt that once when I hit the rev limiter.

1MP3RIALCAMARO 05-04-2013 02:20 AM

It didnt hit rev limiter but I guess I could have possibly lost traction. I just wouldnt think a car with this amount of miles would need injector cleaner or anything.

45thCAMARO 2SS/RS 05-04-2013 02:25 AM

I know what u mean, I've done that before as well and we think that if we down shift we will get TQ kicking in n just fly away but I get a lil hesitation but it's true it's the traction control taking over but if you do it without traction control it won't do it

PalmerGA 05-04-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCAMARO 2SS/RS (Post 6503205)
I know what u mean, I've done that before as well and we think that if we down shift we will get TQ kicking in n just fly away but I get a lil hesitation but it's true it's the traction control taking over but if you do it without traction control it won't do it

This is probably it.

Da Mammer 05-04-2013 03:12 AM

+1 traction control/bcm did it. It can cut back your fuel or throttle position and really screw the pooch if you downshift and hit the gas too quick. It calculates the torque and corrects if the "calculated torque" is too high. Quick check try this maneuver again with t/c off if no issue then you know what to do next time. If it falls on its face like Wile E Coyote, then you got a problem.

2012-1822 05-04-2013 04:04 AM

traction control, ZL1 does it from time to time, in the rain for sure, you know like I try and play a little and the car says no, or cornering hard sometimes and wanting to drift a little, cars says no. But yeah, when TC kicks in, it feels like it's bogging and the first few times I was like "why am I losing power."

Chat01 05-05-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1MP3RIALCAMARO (Post 6502087)
Went to pass someone on the highway, down shifted to third and hit the gas.. instant loss of power for about a second or so and then it was like the car came to life... anybody with this issue out there? 2010 2SS with 13K miles. only modification is magnaflow axle back exhaust. nothing else.

Yesterday was the real first time I was able to open my new 2SS up in the week I've had it now. I was doing about 50mph on a straight away and punched the accelerator (mines an automatic). It instantly felt like the engine cut out then came back the same as you described. It freaked me out so I tried it again with the same event, however when it did the same thing I noticed "traction control" flashed on my HUD for a brief second. Safety first I guess :)

rontammy0 05-05-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Mammer (Post 6503254)
+1 traction control/bcm did it. It can cut back your fuel or throttle position and really screw the pooch if you downshift and hit the gas too quick. It calculates the torque and corrects if the "calculated torque" is too high. Quick check try this maneuver again with t/c off if no issue then you know what to do next time. If it falls on its face like Wile E Coyote, then you got a problem.

ha ha screw the pooch..i have to remember that one :thumbup:

eymang 05-05-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Have you checked your MAF numbers or done the upgrade?

oldfriend 05-05-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Like the two brothers would have said ,,,, how do you spell your name , Y or I , then , is your car blue ?
Model and year
V6/v8 ?
Stick/ aut.?
Tires sizes ?.
Was the parking brake on ?