Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Broken Lumbar support in seat (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369442)

saptaksaraiya 07-19-2014 10:09 PM

Broken Lumbar support in seat

So it seems like the lumbar support in my seat has failed. Is this covered under warranty? or will I have to purchase the seat myself?

TommyTheCat 07-19-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saptaksaraiya (Post 7830858)
So it seems like the lumbar support in my seat has failed. Is this covered under warranty? or will I have to purchase the seat myself?

No way to tell if that's under warranty without asking the dealership. I see you have a 2011, so that may already be three years out depending on when you bought it, and then there's the mileage issue, and then there's always the possibility that they'll blame you for breaking it.

BLTZKRG 07-19-2014 11:53 PM

How do i adjust lum ar on my 2014 2SS? Feels like im leaning up against a beach ball.

saptaksaraiya 07-19-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTheCat (Post 7830963)
No way to tell if that's under warranty without asking the dealership. I see you have a 2011, so that may already be three years out depending on when you bought it, and then there's the mileage issue, and then there's always the possibility that they'll blame you for breaking it.

My car is still under warranty as I bought the extended warranty. I am not sure if they would consider it as factory defect or not. I was just wondering if anyone else had same problem or not, and how they fixed it!

TommyTheCat 07-20-2014 01:49 AM

ah well what exactly is your seat doing? the only problem i've heard of with the camaro seats is this:

www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321301

and of course cracking leather. that may have to do with your problem, if you put your seat all the way back. looks like most people got their problem fixed under warranty so you might be good on that.

just read the description in the thread see if its the same issue

saptaksaraiya 07-21-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTheCat (Post 7831096)
ah well what exactly is your seat doing? the only problem i've heard of with the camaro seats is this:

www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321301

and of course cracking leather. that may have to do with your problem, if you put your seat all the way back. looks like most people got their problem fixed under warranty so you might be good on that.

just read the description in the thread see if its the same issue

There is a support for the back in the seat, which broke and now my back arches when I sit to drive. Which is not comfortable. I know it is broke as I heard it snap and I instantly lost the lumbar support.

VTXrider 11-24-2014 04:30 PM

Did you ever fix this? How easy is it? I have the same thing where one of the supports broke. I bought the part to put a new support in a couple months ago but have not installed yet.

Denis 06-26-2016 07:03 PM

Has anyone ever replaced the lumbar support themselves? I have recently broken mine on my 2010. Found GM Part #92230417. Wondering how much of a pain this is to do myself.

Denis 06-28-2016 07:04 AM

well I just ordered the part, hopefully its not too terrible to replace. Ill attempt to document the process if im not too frustrated.

Denis 07-01-2016 05:32 AM

okay, so I didn't document it. but its pretty straight forward, but its totally frustrating.

bobcat1506 09-19-2016 07:29 PM

I have the replacement part and cannot figure out how to replace it through the back of the seat. Did you pull the entire seat cover to replace it?

frankwjr 09-19-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 9181935)
okay, so I didn't document it. but its pretty straight forward, but its totally frustrating.

I too need to do this, how did you go about it?

hazy 09-24-2016 09:08 PM

ok yeah, same here. I need some tips. I have the support sitting in my garage, but it's not as straightforward as I initially thought.

The problem seems to be the top 2 hooks - gotta come in from the front of the seat frame, and behind the padding. I can't see how the hell I can do this without tearing the entire seat apart. If I can get those 2 top hooks of the support in to the front part of the frame, it's cake from there...

So, any tips???