Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What a difference a CAI can make...! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170785)

BowtieBelle 09-11-2011 10:30 PM

What a difference a CAI can make...!

5 Attachment(s)
First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.

After studying, researching, looking for weeks, I finally went with a BBK intake. I had several reasons for doing so-- number one, most of the numbers on the intakes (with the exception of CAI Inc, Vararam and Injen) were the same, and the BBK is by far the prettiest-- it really sets off the under-hood custom work I've done on my car, and she's more of a show car than a race car at this point (though I did pretty well at the track this weekend!). I also didn't want the Injen long tube because where I live floods often and I have to drive across a flooded bridge occasionally-- I don't want to hydrolock my car. Nothing against CAI but I don't like the way it looks (personal preference). As far as Vararam goes, if I ever upgrade, that's probably what it will be to because I like the design.

Anyway, attached are a couple of pics of the installed BBK at a car show I went to this weekend. I immediately noticed a difference in the way Bella responds. She's running cooler, more responsive, getting better gas mileage (tested this on my drive home from Tulsa) and better times at the track. I also like the way the intake sounds (minus the whistle, which actually doesn't bother me as much as I thought I would-- it isn't constant; I usually only hear it for a sec, around 3000 RPM). Anyway, I'm loving how it looks and how much happier the Camaro is.

SamHouseIII 09-11-2011 10:34 PM

Damn your car is shiny and you drove it all that way, what did you do to clean it once you got there? Did I mention your car is shiny........Looks sweet!!

cyberLS 09-11-2011 10:35 PM

it is very nice looking your right

BowtieBelle 09-11-2011 10:35 PM

LOL thanks, Sam! Actually I just ran it through the wash, then hand-dried it with a sham-wow whatever thing. I use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Tech Wax on it about once a month, and I'd just waxed it the week before so she was still nice and shiny :wub:

RSokie 09-11-2011 11:41 PM

WHERE DID YOU GET IT AND HOW MUCH WAS IT?

BowtieBelle 09-12-2011 12:17 AM

ApexSpeed and it was $259 or $279 plus shipping. One of the more affordable ones.

SamHouseIII 09-12-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl (Post 3742246)
LOL thanks, Sam! Actually I just ran it through the wash, then hand-dried it with a sham-wow whatever thing. I use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Tech Wax on it about once a month, and I'd just waxed it the week before so she was still nice and shiny :wub:

You wanna do mine.....:sm0: J/K Guess I gotta find a good wax for mine now.

Sterling 09-12-2011 03:18 AM

That looks really good in blue!

PoorMansCamaro 09-12-2011 04:12 AM

looks great! what kind of times are you running?

BowtieBelle 09-12-2011 08:32 AM

Sam, get the Meguiar's! It's like $20 a bottle but it's WORTH it.

And as far as quarter times, low to mid 14s, which is where it's supposed to be-- but wasn't until I put the CAI on. :)

Sawyer 09-12-2011 08:57 AM

looks good and goes well with the engine cover!

TooCool5 09-12-2011 01:40 PM

Nice install, I'm still undecided on an intake, but this post makes me lean toward the BBK.
Price and performance, wow. :w00t:

BowtieBelle 09-12-2011 02:45 PM

Thanks, guys! I love the way it looks. TooCool, I hadn't seen a lot of numbers on it but I can only speak from my own experience with how it's affected my car, and I'm really diggin' it. If you get it you should order it from Apex Speed, they'll have it to you FAST and I couldn't complain about the price a bit! :)

TooCool5 09-12-2011 03:44 PM

Apex, is that the ApexMotorsports guy on the forum?