Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   very impatient and getting angry! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94729)

Amanda 07-13-2010 06:45 PM

very impatient and getting angry!

Tpw 6/28... built on 6/28. Was supposed to be shipped to my dealer on Monday. Now its Tuesday and still no freaking car. And no ct updates either. Still cant believe that my car has been in chicago (or on a truck) since before the 4th of july and I live less than 200 miles away. Is there any way I can find out what the hold up is? And seeing that I have already signed all the papers and my first car pmt is due in less than a month I think I have the right to find out EXACTLY where it is and when it will get here. Im not angry at the dealer... they did their job in getting me a good price and ordering it... but it was supposed to be here YESTERDAY!!!!! :mad0260:

LittleMT 07-13-2010 06:55 PM

your baby will arrive soon enough.......hang in there....

SchwarzerDrache 07-13-2010 07:30 PM

How is your payment due soon? With no car you owe no money, period.

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-13-2010 07:39 PM

Hang in there, it will be here soon and SO worth the wait!!! :thumbsup:

maxpower5 07-13-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache (Post 2093917)

i agree, plus, my first payment was like 5 wks after i already had it. someone is screwing with you.

Mr_Draco 07-13-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache (Post 2093917)

When you fill out all the paperwork that says you have taken delivery of the car, the monthly payments start then regardless if you actually have the car because you told the bank or whoever your loan is though that you do have it.

oldfriend 07-13-2010 09:37 PM

NOP no car =no loan, no money ,no payments and no start off the clock !!!!

skuttduck 07-13-2010 09:38 PM

I remember the wait myself, then I had someone with a later TPW, who ordered after me get his car first.

The tracking appeared to me that my car was just sitting in Oshawa. The after reviewing it, my issue was the stripes.

Yours might be something as dumb as sitting at the railyard waiting for another few cars to optimize the load to the dealer.

tjbusa 07-13-2010 09:46 PM

Good thing you didn't Pre-order one, the wait was horrific. hang in there, flustrating, yes, but know the satisfaction of owning one of these babies makes all the proir issues not so bad.

shawn18 07-14-2010 12:21 AM

Trust what everyone on here is saying....it is all worth it in the end...................my car sat in the railyard for 10 days waiting to be put on a truck but when I walked around the building and seen it for the first time all those feelings of impatient waiting turned into complete joy........my wife actually cried when she sat in it for the first time.....be patient I promise it is worth it!

Amanda 07-14-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 2094347)
When you fill out all the paperwork that says you have taken delivery of the car, the monthly payments start then regardless if you actually have the car because you told the bank or whoever your loan is though that you do have it.

I finalized the loan at my own bank.. and brought a check to the dealer. I dont even have to be the person to pick the car up at this point. (which might wind up happening) Im sure the dealer wont cash the check until I take delivery...Which is fine with me, I just want the freaking car. But I have a feeling that since I work two jobs today from 8am to 11pm im sure if will come today... the one day this week that I cant go to pick it up myself!

But thanks for all the encouragement! it does help!

I will be sure to post pics... I was planning a small road trip this weekend I hope the car gets here by then!!!

clg_98ta 07-14-2010 07:06 AM

Same thing happened with me. It took less time for the car to travel from Oshawa to San Antonio than it did to get trucked the last 80 miles to Austin. Train = fast, truck = slow!!

orange10s.c. 07-14-2010 07:18 AM

Hang in there. Mine was a 2 hr drive away and took 2 days to get to the dealer from there.

2010 SSRS 07-14-2010 08:01 AM

this is definitely something worth waiting for, you will be very happy soon :)