Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Dealership blew my engine (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422862)

Terry Robinson 09-09-2015 09:43 PM

Dealership blew my engine

I went in for a oil change back in June 3k miles later my engine blew due to no oil. I didn't have any oil leaks anywhere on my car I tried talking to the gm but never can get threw to him even after voice-mail so I talk to service manger and couldn't answer any of my questions and just ketp replying my guys dont mess up we are to professional and go by a system so stuff like that wouldn't happen. So i ended up moving my car from the dealership to another one and as I was picking it up found out they put oil in it im guessing to cover there butts. The other dealership broke down the engine and seen that no oil cause the rods to burn up. somebody help me out please this is about to be going on for almost a month in a half....

rebelyell22 09-09-2015 10:04 PM

Contact GM directly...

ZYBORG 09-09-2015 10:34 PM

Which dealership?

Terry Robinson 09-09-2015 10:43 PM

Freedom cheavy

climb-101 09-09-2015 11:14 PM

no engine will run 3k miles with no oil dosnt matter what the motor is. if it had been 30 miles that's one thing but not 3k. they will know the mileage from when you brought it in and they will check it now. you would never have made it home if they forgot oil when they changed it. I would look for a leak someplace or maybe something else went wrong internally.

did you check the oil yourself?

Caswell239 09-09-2015 11:23 PM

And you would have low oil warning going off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

climb-101 09-09-2015 11:28 PM

it's possable for an oil pump to fail or filter to split.

Terry Robinson 09-10-2015 11:19 AM

Normally my engine light will go off around 15 to 20% I took it in around 30% ( i know thats just a estiment of the oil) but what I believe is what I went in with is what I left with and that maybe the guys got side tracked because normal when I get my car back from a oil change they reset dash which wasn't even done. They had my car in the back for almost an hour and also my oil light never came on like normal. I have a pic of the engine broke down from the other dealership what failed ill see if I can post

Terry Robinson 09-10-2015 11:29 AM

So looks like 3 and 4 rod bearings failed. I dont know how to post a pic

Terry Robinson 09-10-2015 11:38 AM

Cant tell if the pic post or not

Terry Robinson 09-10-2015 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the cause

climb-101 09-10-2015 01:31 PM

did you pull the cap off and actually look at the bearing. I see the bolts are loose so what did the crank look like. some times the can turn the crank and run a larger bearing for the rod and save the crank

no matter what they did at the dealership I don't think it was there fault, if it was it wouldn't have made it 3000 miles. it could have been week parts to start with, detonation in one of the 2 cylinder and then causing o e of the bearing to get beat on and going bad then taking out the other one, ect. I just don't think it was a dealership issue. if they are willing to help you deal with it, then great.

Russell James 09-10-2015 02:17 PM

Give Chevrolet a call, the number is in the back of your owner's manual.

Impossible for anyone to know the cause from a story and internet picture.

If it was out of oil, wasn't the low oil light on? That comes on way before you would be low enough on oil to do any damage.

Of all the possibilities of what happened, I'd put the dealer not putting oil in it 3000 miles ago as one of the least likely.

Ragnar 09-10-2015 02:37 PM

I always check my oil after an oil change, even though I do my own service. A motor that runs with no oil makes a lot of noise.

From the picture, it appears that only two rod bearings got hot.