Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Atlanta Motorsports Park (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316430)

Hard Parker 09-03-2013 11:22 AM

Atlanta Motorsports Park

I think a track day at AMP would be pretty cool...Anyone know how to go about setting this up?

RLHMARINES 09-07-2013 01:43 PM

They have one scheduled for Veterans Day, 11 Nov 13, if your interested.

Quote:

08-25-2013, 09:31 AM #942
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
iTrader Rating: 0 reviews
When: Monday, November 11, 2013
Time: 10:00am until 5:00pm

Description:
The Atlanta Motorsports Park is honoring Military Veterans and Active Duty Military on Veterans Day 2013 by offering track time on AMP's awesome car track.
On Veterans Day, Monday, November 11th, Active Duty, Retired Military and all Military Veterans are invited to drive the car track at no charge. Track experience is preferred, but not required. There is no charge for spectators and passengers. Please contact Alicia at aliciamariemassie@gmail.com to make your arrangements.
We look forward to sharing this special day with those who protect our country.
*Active and Retired Military must show current ID to be eligible, other Veterans must show DD214 or similar military documentation or ID.

https://www.facebook.com/events/326829420787630/

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!

Southern Comfort 09-09-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom SS (Post 6974340)
I think a track day at AMP would be pretty cool...Anyone know how to go about setting this up?

Are you thinking of an ACE5 day? Dont know how to pay for that.

Hooked on Driving is coming up soon.

mpiersd 09-16-2014 10:00 AM

Anyone know if they plan on doing this again this year? I had a co-worker take his M3 and Corolla last year and had a blast.

brettjp2 09-16-2014 05:50 PM

I know a guy at AMP, ill reach out and see if i can get any info

mpiersd 09-17-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjp2 (Post 7955904)
I know a guy at AMP, ill reach out and see if i can get any info

Sweet

brettjp2 09-17-2014 08:12 PM

I talked to my guy at AMP and I have some contact info I will PM to you Venom, but the cost to rent the track for the day will depend on how many cars there are. As an estimate, if we get 50 people it could be around 200 per person, plus or minus.

PEW-PROFESSIONAL 09-17-2014 08:37 PM

New member and new 2SS owner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjp2 (Post 7958579)
I talked to my guy at AMP and I have some contact info I will PM to you Venom, but the cost to rent the track for the day will depend on how many cars there are. As an estimate, if we get 50 people it could be around 200 per person, plus or minus.

I just purchased my 2014 2SS from Andean yesterday, I'm in love with it. Let me know if anyone is going to be at AMP. I live in Cumming and its not to far for me to go.

brettjp2 09-17-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEW-PROFESSIONAL (Post 7958635)
I just purchased my 2014 2SS from Andean yesterday, I'm in love with it. Let me know if anyone is going to be at AMP. I live in Cumming and its not to far for me to go.

I also live in Cumming, where are you around? I'm off exit 16. Just got back from fox's pizza a little bit ago, love that place :)

Andean huh, I didn't have a good experience with them when I went to buy my wife's car a little over a year ago, so I bought our stuff from John Megel instead.

PEW-PROFESSIONAL 09-17-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjp2 (Post 7958688)
I also live in Cumming, where are you around? I'm off exit 16. Just got back from fox's pizza a little bit ago, love that place :)

Andean huh, I didn't have a good experience with them when I went to buy my wife's car a little over a year ago, so I bought our stuff from John Megel instead.

I'm on Buford Dam Road across from the Golf Course. I love Fox's Den as well!

I purchased my Silverado from them when I returned from Iraq 3 years ago, they did me right and I enjoyed the truck...just didn't use the "TRUCK" part of it much. So I got the itch and went to Carl Black leaving Dobbins the other day and stopped in to see a long time friend that worked there.....well 6 hours later and the manager still has nothing. So I head home, sleep and get up the next morning to try Andean and BINGO, the car I was looking for is right in front of me. 2.5 hours later and I'm out running around town smiling ear to ear and giddy as a school boy!!!

Andean did me well two times, so when I pay the 2SS off I will be going back for a Z28! LOL I can have dreams

Let see if you can spot my car before I post photos this weekend! Not too many 2SS's like mine in Cumming.

Mike

brettjp2 09-18-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEW-PROFESSIONAL (Post 7958738)
I'm on Buford Dam Road across from the Golf Course. I love Fox's Den as well!

I purchased my Silverado from them when I returned from Iraq 3 years ago, they did me right and I enjoyed the truck...just didn't use the "TRUCK" part of it much. So I got the itch and went to Carl Black leaving Dobbins the other day and stopped in to see a long time friend that worked there.....well 6 hours later and the manager still has nothing. So I head home, sleep and get up the next morning to try Andean and BINGO, the car I was looking for is right in front of me. 2.5 hours later and I'm out running around town smiling ear to ear and giddy as a school boy!!!

Andean did me well two times, so when I pay the 2SS off I will be going back for a Z28! LOL I can have dreams

Let see if you can spot my car before I post photos this weekend! Not too many 2SS's like mine in Cumming.

Mike

Let's make it easy and meet up before you post your pics, haha :D

PEW-PROFESSIONAL 09-18-2014 12:16 PM

10-4, how about the Year One car show in Braselton this weekend?

brettjp2 09-18-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEW-PROFESSIONAL (Post 7959890)
10-4, how about the Year One car show in Braselton this weekend?

I'm on call unfortunately :( but I'll see what I can do..