Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   * ORDER TRACKING THREAD * (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13377)

Iwantone2 03-16-2009 03:13 PM

I dont want to give you the wrong answer or mislead you, but receiving your car depends on what allocation your dealership has and what your number is in line. I've read that they should have all pre-orders done by October :iono:

SSCamaro2010 03-16-2009 03:55 PM

okay, i have my 6 digit number now, how do i go about checking my status. i called my dealer and they seem to not know anything. any ideas???

Iwantone2 03-16-2009 04:00 PM

Sorry, all I know is that your dealer is the only one that can tell you when it will go into production or delivered. Anyone else have any ideas?

LT1Jeep 03-16-2009 07:40 PM

i called that 800 num and what a waste of time. some person in india said that production of t he camaro starts on march 16. i was like yeah, i know - thats TOTAY! yeah so then I ASK SPECIFICALLY... is there an order status code or number associated with my order. and she was like no, i dont have any info related, but dont worry since you ordered your dealer will be informed. I just hung up mid sentence... pissed off. why cant GM just have some online page that you enter your order and get an update. seems simple.

specngr 03-16-2009 09:32 PM

I just called my salesman, and was informed by him that production was delayed till April First (funny), when I told him that it was started this morning and 150 were built in the first day he was surprised!!!! Asking me “how do you know?” I think GM has to come up with a better way to update the costumers about the status of their order, and get rid of the sales persons who don’t know anything about cars.

cyberbro 03-19-2009 02:53 PM

Did the "six-digit alpha-numeric" sytem change when the cars went into production, I'm being told by the 800 number the "six-digit alpha-numeric" is not what they need?

It seemed to work 2 weeks ago.

Zeroburn 03-19-2009 02:59 PM

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I don't know any technical names or anything but heres what i'm going through if that helps.

Your 6 digit order number is really only good to use at YOUR dealer. With that number they can check on the status of your car....in some way. For me with my 6digit number they can see that my car is currently on the floor of the plant being made...

With that being said the dealer + GM rep said i WILL have my car in 3-5 weeks, and that was 1 1/2 weeks ago :). so i'm basically 3, 3 1/2 weeks away and its already in production.

If you have your VIN number you can check on these forums, i know there is a thread about it where they can search for your order. I am not sure what info that gives up but again your VIN is necessary at that point.

So call your dealer, if they don't know how then kindly ask if they could run it by their contact at GM and get their login access so they can check on your order status.

Again calling the 1800 w/ only a order number will leave you stuck, although i'm not sure a VIN will do you any better.
Just my guess on this matter.
Lee

ringb1 03-19-2009 03:36 PM

I called the number with my code ordered Oct 23 ,2008 guy on phone said production just strated March 17, 2009 call back next month, and maybe give me a rough date waste of time to call.

PQ 03-19-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT1Jeep (Post 342330)
i called that 800 num and what a waste of time. some person in india said that production of t he camaro starts on march 16. i was like yeah, i know - thats TOTAY! yeah so then I ASK SPECIFICALLY... is there an order status code or number associated with my order. and she was like no, i dont have any info related, but dont worry since you ordered your dealer will be informed. I just hung up mid sentence... pissed off. why cant GM just have some online page that you enter your order and get an update. seems simple.

They do. Your dealer has access to it.

I wish WE could access it. My dealer seemed annoyed after the second trip to them. I'm talking about the second trip WHEN I ORDERED. I figured I'd just leave them the hell alone. I do know this however. I won't buy from them again. They haven't done a crapy job and aren't rude but Me and anyone who works for me will go out of the way to make someone feel wanted.

86IROC&2010SS 03-19-2009 06:09 PM

I thought I would try my luck with the 800 number. I gave my Order # and was put on hold for a few minutes. The guy came back and said that production doesn't start until this summer.

They really need to work on getting correct information to their customer service people.

2SSONLY 03-19-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 287550)
OK, here's the CORRECT way to "track" your order -

Your order is assigned a six-digit alpha-numeric order number which is necessary to track an order. The best method to track the order is to stay in touch with your ordering Dealer; however, you can also track the order by contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020.

:chevy:

My dealer finally sent me my workbench order but my order number is not alpha-numeric, it is six-digit but it is all alpha. Maybe just a matter of symantics here but is that a valid order number or isn't it -- only having letters and not a combo of letters and numbers??? :bonk:

Also, he says I'm priority #1 but it isn't noted on the workbench order.

It says I'm at 3000 - accepted for production -- but I haven't been able to get any updates since he sent me the workbench order and that's been over a week ago.

Should something be showing up on his Pass One report by now if he says he has a car on consensus?? No contraints + priority 1 + car on consensus = info on the Pass One report that gives some idea when the car might be rolling off the line. TWP to follow sometime after that???

Thanks for the clarification.

p.s. His allocation is 9 so that shouldn't be an issue.

Angelina 03-19-2009 08:13 PM

Bad News for Me

I went to talk to my Dealership today. He said he has one Camaro in production next week, but that one was ordered before mine. He had no news about mine...He said he was allocated 2 but then said he was ok'd for one and was asking for another. If he was allocated 2 then why would he have to ask for another, if mine was already ordered? I am confused at this point LOL

snapperkid 03-19-2009 08:52 PM

My dealer said "Steve, it will be here when it get's here, it's just a car." He'll pay for that one when it comes to pay! I see a big discount in my future.
GM is soo screwed up.

Transmaro 03-20-2009 12:37 AM

The 5th gen Camaro is 'just a car'?!?! First it is more than just a car! Second the dealer should be treating each sale with care during these times. Which dealer in Louisville snapperkid?

1_2Many 03-20-2009 04:31 PM

What happened to the VIN thread? I can't see to find it...dealer said my car is being built in March so I want to look through those again.

Zeroburn 03-20-2009 04:34 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15776

jimhowie2000 03-20-2009 04:42 PM

I called the 800 number last week, was told if I did not get my welcome kit this week, to call again. Well, the dealer told me the same thing, and so, I called again today. I got a person who could barely speak English telling me to give the welcoming kit 4-6 more weeks, and that my dealer could only track the cars orders.....I contacted the dealer to find out my sales rep has quit to go to another dealer so, now I have to work with another sales rep who I have not met yet. I sure hope I don't get lost in the shuffle.

OUR72GTO 03-21-2009 01:55 AM

You don't realize ...CAMARO in Hindi is not a car.:rolleyes:

DACHEVYMANINTN 03-21-2009 03:37 PM

CAMARO ORDER TRACKING

THE DEALERS RECIEVED THIS MONTHS ALLOCATION ON WEDENSDAY MARCH 18TH FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS. THIS IS THE SECOND MONTH OF ALLOCATION FOR THE NEW CAMAROS.
EACH DEALER KNOWS HOW MANY CAMAROS THEY CAN ORDER FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS AND WHERE THEY FALL ON THEIR SOLD LIST.

EXAMPLE:
DEALERS TOTAL ALLOCATON FOR CAMAROS-13 THRU OCT 2009
ALLOCATION PERIOD 1-FEB-MAR-1 CAR ORDERED AND MAYBE BUILT WITH VIN
ALLOCATION PERIOD 2- MAR-APRIL-4 CARS SPREAD OVER 4 WEEKS AT GM DISCRETION.
ALLOCATION PERIOD 3-APRIL-MAY- TBD

IF YOU ARE 1ST SECOND OR THIRD ON YOUR DEALERS LIST THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHEN YOUR CARS IS PLACED AND WILL BE BUILT.

OUR72GTO 03-21-2009 04:13 PM

Welcome to the best CAMARO Gen 5 site.

Can you please turn off the CAPS ....your yelling at us.

predatoryangel 03-22-2009 10:33 PM

Okay, I'm new to this site, but I've been reading it for months.. since I ordered my camaro back in October. I'm hoping maybe ya'll can give me some insight..

I went to my dealer last week.. all excited cause I thought they'd not only have a Camaro to actually SEE, but so I could find out when exactly I would get mine.. Last I heard I was 1st in line, suddenly I'm second.. and my order hasn't even been put in.. "I'm putting it in next month" he says. I'm a bit confused by that.. obviously. He also tells me, they won't get a Camaro to show til May.. and the showing of the new Camaro is on May 7th nationally. Which, again, all my info has come from this site.. which many have said dealers already have one!

Now that I've gotten off track.. is there anyone who knows what my dealer was talking about when he says an order I placed October 16th.. isn't available to see?

ZombieEatsYou 03-23-2009 08:49 AM

Orders CAN be put in. He's shining you. It *sounds* like he's collecting orders, seeing who will pony up the most cash and then order based on who will pay him the most - alledgedly.

ZZcamaro 03-23-2009 10:32 AM

I hit 3400 status on 3/21...when will I see a VIN for my car?

rayj127 03-23-2009 03:09 PM

help on gm workbench where it says age of order is this when i placed my order

Amelia98 03-23-2009 03:12 PM

I hit 3400 on 3/16 or therabouts. We won't get a VIN until the event code hits 3800. Not sure how long that takes.