Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Getting your car wrapped (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314131)

Burn Notice24 08-20-2013 10:26 PM

Getting your car wrapped

Can someone send me a pic of there car if it is wrapped? Does it look/feel like paint? How much would it be to have a professional "install" it? It does no damage to the paint at all? If you can't post them, my email is blake24wood@gmail.com

Thanks!

EsterGrim 08-21-2013 08:01 AM

I'm also very interested in this. Looking at getting brushed black metallic everywhere but the roof.

Frid 08-21-2013 08:04 AM

It'll feel like the vinyl stripes that come from the factory. It will protect the paint underneath and can be removed easily. Google is your friend, use it to find pics. Average cost could be around $3000. A lot cheaper then a paint job, and is reversible.

~ChipsAhoy~ 08-21-2013 09:39 AM

No, it will not hurt your paint when removed. It may leave a little adhesive behind, but that is easily cleaned up. The feel of the material will feel like paint (i.e. a gloss vinyl will be smooth and slick, a matte finish will feel...matte). Cost is dependent on the type of vinyl used and the labor that particular shop charges. As stated above, you can expect cost to be anywhere from $2500-$4000. Just like paint shops, you get what you pay for.

IncrediblyX 08-21-2013 09:43 AM

the reflective glow in the dark vinyl is about $6k. if you wanna see it go to YouTube and search for the glow in the dark camaro

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

IncrediblyX 08-21-2013 09:44 AM

the reflective glow in the dark vinyl is about $6k. if you wanna see it go to YouTube and search for the glow in the dark camaro

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

JasonK 08-21-2013 10:04 AM

I have a friend who does full car wraps, 3K is about right.

Outlaw77 08-21-2013 10:27 AM

This is good to know. How do you wash it though?

Dtrimpi87 08-21-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw77 (Post 6923568)
This is good to know. How do you wash it though?

Like a normal car. Use mild detergent/water mix. Dont use any waxes especially containing carnauba. Only use a silicon/polymer product specifically made for automotive vinyl.

Gunslinger09 08-21-2013 11:25 AM

For the love of God and all that is holy don't put vinyl rap on your car. It will always looks like ghetto KaKa. There is only one correct way to change the color of your car, real automotive paint. Don't try and cheap out, pay a good bodyshop to paint your car if you want to change the color.

Dtrimpi87 08-21-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger09 (Post 6923777)
For the love of God and all that is holy don't put vinyl rap on your car. It will always looks like ghetto KaKa. There is only one correct way to change the color of your car, real automotive paint. Don't try and cheap out, pay a good bodyshop to paint your car if you want to change the color.

Ummmmm wrong. A good professional wrap job will look perfect and last a long time.

bigssc 08-21-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger09 (Post 6923777)

lend me 10 grand and ill do that.

Gunslinger09 08-21-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 (Post 6923783)
Ummmmm wrong. A good professional wrap job will look perfect and last a long time.

Not that I have ever seen. They may last a while but they never look "perfect".

~ChipsAhoy~ 08-21-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger09 (Post 6923821)
Not that I have ever seen. They may last a while but they never look "perfect".

The wraps you have seen evidently were performed by untrained professionals or do-it-yourselfers.

I run a graphic design/large format printing shop and have been doing wraps for 6 years now. A PROPER procedure will yield amazing results when doing a vinyl wrap. Everything needs to come off (spoiler, side marker lights, taillights, mirrors, etc. etc.) in order to achieve the desired results. The vinyl I use is rated for 10 years outdoors. So, if you park your car in a garage all the time, expect it to last even longer.