Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Choose the Official Camaro5.com Sticker-Part 2 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346)

TAG UR IT 08-05-2007 11:30 AM

Choose the Official Camaro5.com Sticker-Part 2

2 Attachment(s)
After part one, we only had two submissions for the Camaro5.com sticker. The next step is simple. Choose which sticker you like more. Both stickers will come as a bumper sticker style, but as Mindz said, they could cut out the letters making it die cut (adhesive letters only-free of charge). I'm pretty sure they could also cut out the logo, car, and around the letters on the banner style sticker to make this somewhat similar...if you understand what I mean. But...here's the two choices. This poll will have a deadline.

alleykt123 08-05-2007 02:02 PM

Wow - this was really a tough one! I think both are awesome, but when it comes right down to it, I ultimately want a rear quarter glass decal. The design that stands out to me for that purpose is Dragon's. The die cut letters would be clean and easily read as I do my fly-bys!! ;) :laugh:

I like the idea of a bumper sticker with the banner, but I would never adhere it to my vehicle…

Mindz 08-05-2007 04:34 PM

We can always make a bumper sticker to post on apparel or plaques if you don't want it on your car. The banner style appeals to the people who want a picture of the camaro on it since the background can be in a grey that would match the tint on their windows.

Also, it looks like the banner style sticker would be about 1/2 the size of the lettering. It would be half the price. Either way, this poll is to determine what the first group buy would be. We can always do the other one later.

TAG UR IT 08-06-2007 02:05 AM

Honestly, I want both. But, I'd only put Dragons top sticker, die cut, with letters only on my car. I wouldn't put the other on....nope. And, if I were to get the bottom sticker, I'd want to see how the pic would look w/ the Camaro cleaned up (no rain) before buying one.

MerF 08-06-2007 09:10 AM

I can't choose!!

If it were Diecut, the choice would be Dragon's....but if Dragon's has to be bumper-sitcker style, I'd choose the web-logo style.

Arrg.

TAG UR IT 08-06-2007 10:18 AM

Dragons comes out bumper sticker style. But, it can be die cut by the company printing them...again, at no extra charge.

Mr. Wyndham 08-06-2007 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 18437)
I'd want to see how the pic would look w/ the Camaro cleaned up (no rain) before buying one.

You mean kinda like this one?

TAG UR IT 08-06-2007 12:33 PM

exactly

unkbd 08-06-2007 04:32 PM

I think I saw it discussed earlier, but what would it take to turn Dragons design into a window banner (excuse lack of correct terminology here)?

Mindz 08-06-2007 05:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
probably a couple hundred bucks. The way we will be getting these are on a 10x10" square of printed vinyl. It's the only way to get the fade and different colors on one layer of vinyl. Since there's going to be more than 1 sticker per each square, the 100+ dollars for the square is split, lowering the cost of the stickers. To get the fade like that on a 3" x 42" size piece, you'd have to line up a few squares side by side. you can probably fit 2 or 3 window stickers over 4 squares but each 10x10 square is about 100 bucks ish. If you want just the lettering in a solid color, or on a marbled vinyl, that would be a LOT cheaper. The fade is what makes them cost so much. The vinyl has to be printed with the image and then the sticker is cut from the custom vinyl.

Here's the black marble vinyl I have on my car (yes I know I need to clean my car out.) You can see very few places where it's starting to come up. I put that sticker on when I bought the car in 2001.

On another note, the taillights are the only "rice" I have on my car because it was cheaper than replacing them with factory red ones.

unkbd 08-06-2007 10:30 PM

So what will we be looking at for a single sticker? Or hasn't that been worked out yet?

Mindz 08-06-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkbd (Post 18532)
So what will we be looking at for a single sticker? Or hasn't that been worked out yet?

Depends on which style you guys like. Pricing comes when the majority has picked which one we want. We will then decide on the specific dimensions and then I will get a price quote. Then again, the bigger the order, the cheaper they can get for us.

I was asking at my old work for dragon's design in a specific size and we got a real general/vague quote of around 10 dollars a sticker if we order 10. 30 was down to around 8 dollars a sticker. 50 was 6 dollars a sticker.

This is before S&H which should be less than 50 cents. But we might want smaller or larger dimensions then what I was quoted for.

Mr. Wyndham 08-06-2007 10:58 PM

If you made 50...at 6 dollars it's not too bad...I'd get one.

unkbd 08-07-2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 18539)
If you made 50...at 6 dollars it's not too bad...I'd get one.

Me to