Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   www.AmericanRacingHeaders.com "1LE RPO" Tech/Install Help thread..................... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337958)

SteveDoten@ARH 01-19-2014 10:23 AM

www.AmericanRacingHeaders.com "1LE RPO" Tech/Install Help thread.....................

Wanted to reach out to the 1LE owners along with our other Tech/Install help thread in the exhaust section, many of you I've spoken with on the phone have given me some insight on this section.

Thanks very much,

Steve

MountainMan1Le 01-19-2014 06:03 PM

Stupid question for you steve are the headers installed with the car on a lift or can they be installed from the top down? Thank you.

Bill

SteveDoten@ARH 02-26-2014 07:00 PM

Hope to have Anthony here from the NY5thGen club with his 1LE soon.

SteveDoten@ARH 10-15-2014 12:22 PM

Had quite a few 1LE's here this summer for installs.

XtremeBowtie 10-15-2014 05:22 PM

I had ARH headers installed while my car was at Vengeance Racing.

The quality of these headers is outstanding. After talking to the guys at Vengeance, all they use are ARH systems. They are top of the line regarding stainless grade, fit, and performance.

brokencilence 10-15-2014 07:58 PM

I installed the ARH long tubes and catless x pipe on my '14 1LE in my garage with it up on 10" race ramps. I followed the instructions that came with them and it was a very straightforward install. The only issue I ran into was on the passenger side after insalled there is one bolt stud for the fender heatshield sticking in toward one of the tubes. It was maybe 1/8" away from the tube but when running the car and the engine torquing it would come in contact with the bolt stud. I removed 1/2" of the stud and haven't had any other issues. Oh and with the NPP exhaust baffles open it sounds incredible!!!!!!!!!

1LEMan 10-15-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokencilence (Post 8011333)
I installed the ARH long tubes and catless x pipe on my '14 1LE in my garage with it up on 10" race ramps. I followed the instructions that came with them and it was a very straightforward install. The only issue I ran into was on the passenger side after insalled there is one bolt stud for the fender heatshield sticking in toward one of the tubes. It was maybe 1/8" away from the tube but when running the car and the engine torquing it would come in contact with the bolt stud. I removed 1/2" of the stud and haven't had any other issues. Oh and with the NPP exhaust baffles open it sounds incredible!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more!

rdrfronty 10-15-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokencilence (Post 8011333)

I had the same minor stud issue and fixed it easily the same way. And fully agree on the awesome sound too!

charlie46 10-27-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH (Post 8010405)
Had quite a few 1LE's here this summer for installs.

I'm debating between keeping mine stock or installing 17/8 or 2 inch long flow headers with cats and x pipe , my only concern is the heat ceated by the headers will they damage any near by wires or accessories over time ?

SteveDoten@ARH 10-29-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie46 (Post 8032139)
I'm debating between keeping mine stock or installing 17/8 or 2 inch long flow headers with cats and x pipe , my only concern is the heat ceated by the headers will they damage any near by wires or accessories over time ?

We have these installed on 1000's of Camaro5's, no issues with heat, on the contrary the 304ss does a better job of containing the heat and moving it downstream than the OEM cast iron logs that act as heat sinks from the factory.

HTH

brokencilence 10-29-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH (Post 8035009)
We have these installed on 1000's of Camaro5's, no issues with heat, on the contrary the 304ss does a better job of containing the heat and moving it downstream than the OEM cast iron logs that act as heat sinks from the factory.

HTH

Honestly there is less heat. Before my headers when I parked the car in the garage and closed the doors it would be very warm in there for hours. After installing the headers the car doesn't seem to put off nearly the heat that it used to for hours. That's just what I noticed anyway

charlie46 10-30-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokencilence (Post 8035847)
Honestly there is less heat. Before my headers when I parked the car in the garage and closed the doors it would be very warm in there for hours. After installing the headers the car doesn't seem to put off nearly the heat that it used to for hours. That's just what I noticed anyway

Thanks which headers did you install ? I drive to Florida from New York and just want to make sure nothing will melt or catch fire from headers.

SteveDoten@ARH 11-26-2014 02:48 PM

304ss is one of the best materials to retain heat and move it downstream, zero issues with wires on 1000's of Camaro's.

MRREVINTO7 11-26-2014 07:06 PM

awsome headers i just had them installed last month at JTM MOTORSPORTS that is in the same building as ARH ...go to JTM MOTORSPORTS on face book you can see pics of the install on my 14 silver 1LE ..along with a Kaotic cam package from vengeance racing. I went with catted 1-7/8 in primary into 3 inch and kept my NPP dual modes ..These headers are a work of art and perform not to mention sound insane .I have been fortunate enough to have a tour of ARH and all the guys right down to the owner are awsome and the shop is like a fine tuned watch ..they are perfectionist and they do great