Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heartbeat vs. New Edelbrock E Force (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419328)

pyroguy 08-10-2015 07:39 PM

Heartbeat vs. New Edelbrock E Force

So after reading a very nice write up on the new Heartbeat Maggie, I find myself looking at the Heartbeat and the "NEW" style E Force and I do not see much difference in the design of the two. I'm sure I'm missing something. However, I leave it to you FI experts...what's the difference? I know in the original E Force design there was talk of heat soak, and the previous generation of Maggie had a shaft that drove a belt in the back of the supercharger, but has anyone done a comparison side by side or seen dyno numbers between the two? Just curious. Still polishing some pennies up to go FI and always curious.

smokum 08-10-2015 07:53 PM

No comparison. Heartbeat is a way better blower. Better intercooler bricks and less heat soak. But for the money the lsa supercharger kit is a the best deal. I wanted a heartbeat but went lsa instead. Looks great and makes awesome power and gobs of torque at low rpm. Could not be happier. I personally would not even look at the e-force. I would save yourself the money and use it for other mods that will go along with it. Check out lsaconversion.com. complete kit is around $4600. Hard to beat that deal. Just my .02!:thumbsup:

LSXBumblebee 08-10-2015 08:11 PM

Heartbeat, hands down. People are pushing over 800 whp with them and additional mods.

Nighthawk89 08-11-2015 01:46 AM

Agreed with the guys above. If your looking to go FI and your on a budget. LsA is a great contender.

pyroguy 08-11-2015 07:46 PM

So what are the real differences? I understand that the heartbeat blower is a great new product, but the new e force design seems very similar.

dynosteve, my ultimate goal is 500rwhp with a L99. If I get a few extra hp that's just icing on the cake, but I want to break the 500rwhp mark. What are some of the benefits of and drawbacks of each system?

LSXBumblebee 08-11-2015 07:50 PM

Design, intercooler is different, heat exchanger is different, the question is what isn't different. The only thing that's the same is the fact it's a 2.3 Eaton rotor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LSXBumblebee 08-11-2015 07:51 PM

You will make at least 500 on the LSA with an intake.

chevy 3 08-11-2015 08:09 PM

LSA blower would be great.

Some day

BigD6.6 08-11-2015 08:18 PM

The LSA is a good budget blower but it is smaller, 1.9 versus 2.3 Not that you cant make awesome power with it. But the question here is E-Force or HeartBeat.
The HB is hands down a superior product, the E-Force isn't new, just updated, new lid but still the same old Heavy heat sink. The only thing that is similar is the rotors as stated earlier.
Besides a superior product, Magnuson's customer service is 2nd to none, call them both with questions and you will see.

LSXBumblebee 08-11-2015 08:38 PM

You will make more power substantially with the Heartbeat and safer, there are known issues with the e force

Nighthawk89 08-11-2015 11:17 PM

Whats your budget looking like? My Heartbeat made a bit over 500 at the wheels on a otherwise stock car. Obviously that didn't last long...Lol. Now ill be pulling my motor/ Upgrading Fuel system and pushing the beat to the limit (1k Range at the crank)...

LSX Camaro 08-12-2015 08:51 AM

I installed a Heartbeat and Edelbrock last month for different customers. IMO the Heartbeat is a better product and it made more power comparing very similar set ups.

old motorhead 08-12-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 (Post 8581908)
Whats your budget looking like? My Heartbeat made a bit over 500 at the wheels on a otherwise stock car. Obviously that didn't last long...Lol. Now ill be pulling my motor/ Upgrading Fuel system and pushing the beat to the limit (1k Range at the crank)...

Not saying you can't make a thousand at the crank, but I think you might have trouble spinning the HB fast enough to blow that much air. You don't have the rear overdrive options available like the jackshaft Maggies. Best of luck on your quest though :thumb: