Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   GM Addiction's SEMA 2009 project Camaro proposal (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28855)

Tran 06-22-2009 08:48 PM

GM Addiction's SEMA 2009 project Camaro proposal

3 Attachment(s)
As featured on Homepage.

Last year's SEMA show saw 4 special model 2010 Camaros exhibited by GM. The 2009 SEMA show should showcase many more tuner modified Camaros, including 7 that are officially commissioned by GM. GM will provide a Camaro to be modified by the lucky tuning houses which are selected by GM.

One of the hopeful tuners is GM Addiction. Here are computer generated renderings of what they hope will be a design which impresses GM enough to grant them a Camaro to modify for the 2009 SEMA show. Their design features a patriotic "American Pride" paint scheme, together with a billet grill in front covering modified red halo lights, which complement the time attack style red stripe outlining the black faced/polished lip wheels. The roof, hood and aero lip and rear diffuser, and rear panel are carbon fiber material and the hood cowl is matched to the body paint color. A prominent rear deck dovetail spoiler finishes off the look.

Attachment 33884

Attachment 33885

Attachment 33886

GMtothecore 06-22-2009 08:50 PM

That would be a sweet ride...hope they get to make it!

Andro 06-22-2009 08:57 PM

Sick!

Supercop29 06-22-2009 09:00 PM

OMG I'm in LOVE!

TaylorRyanSS 06-22-2009 09:01 PM

it looks amazing! I love the grill and carbon fiber hood and decklid and roof

69Firebird 06-22-2009 09:04 PM

I would love a paint job like that. It's pretty sweet, but I don't know about that spoiler.
I would like a small wing spoiler, like on the 3rd Gen Trans-Am before the Aero wing.

Amwellls1 06-22-2009 09:08 PM

I do not like that at all, Just does not do it for me

Ferrarimk13 06-22-2009 09:17 PM

that dovetail is looking great! they keep putting it on their sema cars, but not available yet?! ugh. The patriotic theme is also a little, weird.

logan1080 06-22-2009 09:22 PM

"American pride!" "Born and raced in the USA!" ummmmmmmm designed in australia, built in Canada. Something doesn't sound right there...

Ferrarimk13 06-22-2009 09:24 PM

dont leave anything to be done by the americans alone, and im a proud american too, but im aint dumb..:D

speedster 06-22-2009 09:26 PM

I NEED that CF hood... :D

coleo 06-22-2009 09:35 PM

ok lurking for a while mainly to get information.But I had to register to finally say my peice, and this thread seems the perfect place.
would someone please shave that peak off the front end and put a square nose on one of these......... please!
something like the 67,8,9 nose. I figured someone somewhere would have done it already
but no.
Sorry to jump in on a first post and go on a bit of a tirade but this has driven me crazy
since the concept first debuted. its the only thing wrong with the car IMO..... and the price my dealer wants for one

GRAHL 06-22-2009 09:35 PM

gaudy

Ferrarimk13 06-22-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleo (Post 610683)
ok lurking for a while mainly to get information.But I had to register to finally say my peice, and this thread seems the perfect place.
would someone please shave that peak off the front end and put a square nose on one of these......... please!
something like the 67,8,9 nose. I figured someone somewhere would have done it already
but no.
Sorry to jump in on a first post and go on a bit of a tirade but this has driven me crazy
since the concept first debuted. its the only thing wrong with the car IMO..... and the price my dealer wants for one

if you flatten the front end, then it wont be a.....2010 front end!

Restroom 06-22-2009 09:38 PM

Oh, jeez, way to ruin a perfectly good car!
Who did the layout for the graphics, and can they afford eyeglasses now? Did they not notice the car was designed with certain lines, lines that ought to be in some way followed? Especially that heraldic eagle with the flag stripes at odds with the gills opposite!

GRAHL 06-22-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

but no.

HEH? Look at a few more pics of the first gens, look at the front valence and bumpers, they all have a point at the nose. what are you talking about?

ssrsheaven 06-22-2009 09:40 PM

:clap::happyanim:

coleo 06-22-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHL (Post 610703)
HEH? Look at a few more pics of the first gens, look at the front valence and bumpers, they all have a point at the nose. what are you talking about?

i know they had a little bit of a peak on the older ones
the new one is i think just to long. to much like the 70's styling
and way to much like the impala.
and if i am going to put 48 k into a car id like to know if there is eventually a front end coming for it that i could like

Ferrarimk13 06-22-2009 09:56 PM

eh, i dont think youll luck out with that option unless you make it custom. Most people like the pointy front, gives it an aggressive look imo.

Revo1 06-22-2009 10:00 PM

Lose the bizarre tattooing :barf: on the sides and it would look pretty damned nice...

RyanotheDyno 06-22-2009 10:27 PM

where do you live to have to pay 48k for a camaro? the highest model is 34k base and only goes to 44k if its FULLY loaded, including the overpriced wheels
:iono:

sabrescamaro 06-22-2009 10:29 PM

I'll have it someday.

kdoske 06-22-2009 10:31 PM

i like everything but the grill covering up those headlights.

Indpowr 06-22-2009 10:32 PM

Nice to see more ideas..even more so in CF but the overall look does not do it for me. Maybe it will grow on me.

h4554 06-22-2009 11:22 PM

Another Canadian first-time poster.. it kind of looks like guess denim commissioned it. I love the hood and grill though!

ClaymoreZ28 06-22-2009 11:33 PM

Looks very "patchwork" to me
Hard to see what the graphics are on the angle shots and side on they just look random.
Car would look far better in solid colors / bolder/symmetrical patterns

Nitro-SS 06-23-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

but no.

Uhmmm you need the Peak on the front end to cut the mustangs clean in half Duh:headbang:!! As for the camaro i agree with ClaymoreZ28 It looks like they slapped this together in 2 minutes

z71roller 06-23-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

but no.

See this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...s+Modification

It's the closest to your flat front end that I've seen. It wouldn't be too difficult to convert it back to a Camaro front instead of a Pontiac.

IMO, I love the look of the 2010...

Thankful 06-23-2009 07:19 AM

Cool post. Looks like it was leaked and released first by the guys over at www.GMTunerSource.com. Makes sense for them to have info like this since they have been the official site of all things GM Tuner and Youth or "cool" related for the past 4 years or so. They are posting that they will be leaking more soon. The Camaro is going to be a lot of to watch here as we move into SEMA. Tons of aftermarket companies are going to be showcasing all kinds of parts for them. Exciting times....

2010SLVRBULIT 06-23-2009 07:26 AM

Luv the spoiler, CF hood, and CF GFX. Can't wait for the parts to be available..:clap:

Badg1rl 06-23-2009 08:04 AM

Hey everyone! My name is Donna from GM Addiction.:wave: Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments on our rendering. we appreciate your input! we will keep everyone updated on whether we are granted the car so we can showcase some new and exciting things for you camaro lovers!

Just some background info- Kenny (bf) and I are from Long Island, NY. we have been involved in modifying/showing/racing for practically a decade. Right now we are touring with my car which has won a GM design award at SEMA in 2007 and 2 back to back national GM titles.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300363

I was born a GM girl...have never driven anything else.

we have been in business running niche sites for over a decade now and have been building dreams for customers and ourselves alike. our life is our business and we would love to continue with a new camaro because we put so much heart and dedication into what we do.:wub:

thanks again for the support....rock on!:headbang:

Chris-10 06-23-2009 08:11 AM

way to much going on with the graphics

myhotpink 06-23-2009 09:59 AM

Not sure about the decklid, but the rest I absolutely love.

Brokinarrow 06-23-2009 09:59 AM

LOVE the way they did the carbon fiber on either side of the hood! May need to look into that.... along with a dovetail spoiler :D

montej23 06-23-2009 10:22 AM

Very nice, i would like to see that produced

CamaroTransAmFAM 06-23-2009 10:40 AM

i like this Camaro a little bit i like the spoiler the most but i was wondering what ever happened to the BLACK & DALE JR Camaro Concept cars? those are great looking cars i hope they are still on the list to be produced

Cessna510 06-23-2009 10:48 AM

I'll pass

C4 06-23-2009 11:08 AM

i like that look

gettinginaMaro! 06-23-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan1080 (Post 610619)
"American pride!" "Born and raced in the USA!" ummmmmmmm designed in australia, built in Canada. Something doesn't sound right there...

:mad0260: Your ummmmmm should be reconsidered :mad0259: I am an AMERICAN SOLDIER to say that this or ANY CAMARO is not AMERICAN is so ridulous it is shere insanity... I am no expert but from simply looking on THIS forum you can quickly conclude that the platform (modified Zeta came from GM's Australian divison) but the design of the Camaro was born in house at the headquarters of GM in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA...

As for being built in Canada what is not American about that? GM is simply utilizing there best fasility known for quality to get it right it is a global company & helping our friends helps us & helping people has been what the USA has been historically known for just take a look at history & you will see that there is a striking theme to the US envolment in world events (granted with a nod to our northern brothers we have often participated together) again that would then make sence that it is a rienforcement of this Camaro being American

The word Camaro may be one of the few TRUELY AMERICAN things we have after all the word didn't excict until GM created it & then defined it as "A small vicious animal that eats MUSTANGS" when first asked what a Camaro is at the press release in the summer of 66 (I believe)

The vision of this cars graphics & suttle undertone of the concept Camaro coloring are indeed unique & pay homage to the AMERICAN idea of what a MUSCLE car should be it is not for everyone true but to state that the theme "American Pride" & "Born & Raced in the USA" are not accurate would again be wrong because as you can tell Americans are very proud of this car & it was in fact (even this the 5th generation) BORN in the US & was/is raced here...

this is in no way meant as a hate or anger tword other people/nations it is simply a very passionate deffense by someone that has spilt blood for American ideas & for the greater good of a better world
:respekt: :coolpics:

Kvapil28 06-23-2009 11:48 AM

cool