Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - New England (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   DEATH DEFYING (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307465)

Happy_Dan 07-16-2013 12:15 PM

You could have cleaned mine up. I can't seem to find room for everything. I do have two more cabinets to put up though.

closs2sx 07-16-2013 12:32 PM

i have a lift and if i dont have a car apart on it anyone is welcome to use it and the tools

NH 2012 SS/RS 07-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closs2sx (Post 6784414)
i have a lift and if i dont have a car apart on it anyone is welcome to use it and the tools

Sweet...one more NH Gen5....where you been hiding...lol
What part?
I'm Goffstown....
Happy Dan is Litchfield....
Are you close?

NH 2012 SS/RS 07-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy_Dan (Post 6784352)
You could have cleaned mine up. I can't seem to find room for everything. I do have two more cabinets to put up though.

Clean up Day @ Dan's......
I'm in....:popcorn:

closs2sx 07-16-2013 01:13 PM

belmont about 50 min north of Dan

Happy_Dan 07-16-2013 01:44 PM

Brett has a 4 post lift, but he hates ZL1's. ;)

Evil-Bee-NH 07-16-2013 01:58 PM

Belmont nice area if this happens i'll come down to be another set of eyes the front fascia can be a pain to get off on some of the cars i did find the ZL1 fascia a little easier though.

closs2sx 07-16-2013 02:15 PM

No just mine Dan lol
Nightmare would be safe and in good hands lol

I baby mine and don't drive it much cause I can't get into it

closs2sx 07-16-2013 02:16 PM

We could take the jetskiis out to cool off after all the work

Normagene 07-18-2013 10:59 AM

Thanks to everybody for volunteering your time and shop to help out. My husband is determined and now that Deke736 told us to just do it on the ground and gave us some more tips and diagrams, he's going to give it a second try. Once the weather cools down that is, he's doing this in our driveway and the pavement is hot enough to fry an egg so next week it should back down to the high 70s.

My husband can pretty much figure out anything, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and he does excellent work. I'd bet better than a pro contractor would do, but working on cars and using a computer seem to be his weakness. Takes him 10 minutes to login and then he's lost and never gets to the site he was trying to get to, only frustration. But if I mention it would be nice to have a built in bookcase or whatever, he draws out a design and then builds it. And he's never worked in any of these trades he just figures it out. Here's a sample pic, our staircase was carpet w/plywood underneath. Made all his own trim on the router table
Attachment 534525

Evil-Bee-NH 07-18-2013 01:27 PM

Your link isn't working. Good to know he knows his stuff but you know you wanna come up to litchfield, nh and hang with all of us at Dan's for a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 6792716)
Thanks to everybody for volunteering your time and shop to help out. My husband is determined and now that Deke736 told us to just do it on the ground and gave us some more tips and diagrams, he's going to give it a second try. Once the weather cools down that is, he's doing this in our driveway and the pavement is hot enough to fry an egg so next week it should back down to the high 70s.

My husband can pretty much figure out anything, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and he does excellent work. I'd bet better than a pro contractor would do, but working on cars and using a computer seem to be his weakness. Takes him 10 minutes to login and then he's lost and never gets to the site he was trying to get to, only frustration. But if I mention it would be nice to have a built in bookcase or whatever, he draws out a design and then builds it. And he's never worked in any of these trades he just figures it out. Here's a sample pic, our staircase was carpet w/plywood underneath. Made all his own trim on the router table
Attachment 534525

Normagene 07-18-2013 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 6793350)
Your link isn't working. Good to know he knows his stuff but you know you wanna come up to litchfield, nh and hang with all of us at Dan's for a day.

If my husband can't figure this out I'm sure his pride will be hurt, and he's not one to ever ask for help either, but I'll have to talk him into reaching out to those that are really good at this kind of stuff. Every now and then we all need a little help!
Attachment 534575
Not sure what happened last time I tried to upload this pic, it never uploaded as an "attachment" before. Strange stuff going on this site last few days, sometimes it was shut down for hours.

Evil-Bee-NH 07-18-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 6793441)
If my husband can't figure this out I'm sure his pride will be hurt, and he's not one to ever ask for help either, but I'll have to talk him into reaching out to those that are really good at this kind of stuff. Every now and then we all need a little help!
Attachment 534575
Not sure what happened last time I tried to upload this pic, it never uploaded as an "attachment" before. Strange stuff going on this site last few days, sometimes it was shut down for hours.

nice picture good work must be nice to have the handyman around the house i end up being the handyman at my future in-laws house all the time. They do feed me atleast then they get mad when i have 4ths and 5ths and show up the next day the same weight. Still soon as he questions his 2nd attempt get on here and ask for a Dan's house Install day.

One-Bad-ZL1 07-19-2013 06:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Norma - he needs to make a set of these. I picked up the ramps at the local auto parts joint and then made the lift sections and the ramp extension all with spare lumber I had lying around as I'm sure your hubby has. They work great. :thumbsup: