Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   bmr 4 point ??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241646)

1sikRS 08-03-2012 11:40 PM

bmr 4 point ???

Just installed the strut brace and after driving it sounds like the struts are creeking when u turn the wheel side to side any ideas anyone???

Ite the new one.that only work on 2010

1sikRS 08-05-2012 12:10 PM

I'm surprised that bmr guy hasn't chimed in

hairzee 08-11-2012 12:41 AM

Just installed mine tonight and I have not driven it yet so I will tell you what mine does tomorrow.

But, just thinking out loud here, when you installed the billet covers did you put the washer on first? Not sure as to why... but there is a gap and if yu dont have that gap maybe that could be the noise. And did you torque the caps to the correct specs? You may jack it back up and be sure the struts settled back correctly.

I am no expert but it seems like it has to be something around that area.

BMR Sales 08-13-2012 09:19 AM

Sorry it took so long for me to respond back to you, somehow I overlooked this post. Under what circumstances do the struts creak? LEt me know and we will definitely work with you to get it figured out.

hairzee 08-13-2012 11:04 AM

I finally had a chance to drive the car and all I can say is WOW!! I have read posts where people say strut bars don't do alot...I couldn't be happier with the BMR 4 point especially for the ease of install and great looks and price. I haven't installed my subframe and tunnel braces yet but I hope they make they same impact as the the bar!

My only advice to future people is have a good set of drill bits. Mine had a hard time getting through the steel. :)

Back to point I did not hear any noise after install.

BMR guy... why the gap under the billet caps?

BMR Sales 08-15-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairzee (Post 5434434)
I finally had a chance to drive the car and all I can say is WOW!! I have read posts where people say strut bars don't do alot...I couldn't be happier with the BMR 4 point especially for the ease of install and great looks and price. I haven't installed my subframe and tunnel braces yet but I hope they make they same impact as the the bar!

My only advice to future people is have a good set of drill bits. Mine had a hard time getting through the steel. :)

Back to point I did not hear any noise after install.

BMR guy... why the gap under the billet caps?

We are glad you are happy with your BMR strut tower brace! Alot of people don't realize what a difference it makes when you install a good quality strut tower brace. A good set of drill bits definitely makes this job quite a bit easier. :D

With the subframe connectors and the tunnel brace you should notice a considerable decrease in chassis flex and more consistent cornering and launching.

The space between the billet caps and the shock tower is there because that billet cap moves when you turn the steering wheel. without that space you would have binding issues which would be bad.

1sikRS 08-31-2012 01:06 PM

Only undr turning in a parking l

1sikRS 08-31-2012 01:25 PM

I have the washer under the cap like the instructioms said to

BMR guy 08-31-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sikRS (Post 5518315)
I have the washer under the cap like the instructioms said to

Do you have roughly a 1/4" gap between the billet cap and the strut tower? Also, did you make sure to center the mounting nuts in the reliefs of the cap as shown in the image below? This is necesarry to prevent the cap from contacting the nuts...

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/ForumImages/stb014.jpg