Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you think the camaro will have HUD (head-up display) as a standard feature??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734)

i3litzkrieg 10-06-2007 12:34 AM

Do you think the camaro will have HUD (head-up display) as a standard feature???

i have seen a lot of cars using HUDs since 2007 year begun ....... it is probably that for 2009 it would be a standard feature for the new maro???

Mr. Wyndham 10-06-2007 12:42 AM

maybe not standard...but I could see an option, definitely. :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 10-06-2007 02:47 AM

This question was asked a while back...and not on the forums. An answer was given that it could be an option for a top end model. Nothing finite here...just that the technology was there, it is feasible, and could be an option (I'm sure for a pretty penny, though).

Let's not forget that we have another 1 1/2 years to go...approximately. There's A LOT that can happen between now and then...HUD and otherwise. I'd love to have HUD in my Camaro, but cost for the option would have to be worth it. I wouldn't pay $800 simply for a HUD unit. $250?...sure. Most likely, GM would offer it in a package deal...(gotta get the sunroof, sound system, racing package to get the HUD...and that's going to cost $4,000). I wish we could order one thing out of a "package deal" so we wouldn't have to spend big bucks for one option.

wildpaws 10-06-2007 07:35 AM

Just the other day I talked with someone that has a new GMC Acadia with HUD, she loves it saying that you never have to take your eyes off the road to check on something.
Clyde

DGthe3 10-06-2007 08:03 AM

I definately see it as a possibility. The tech is a few years old so they only have to make minor modifications to an existing system. Secondly, the car was to have taken some design cues from the F-22 fighter (which comes with HUD standard, lol). I think it might be optional on lower models, and potentially standard on the top end one. It would be really cool if it came with a gun sight, activated by imports, mustangs, and challengers:evil: :burnrubber:

Mr. Wyndham 10-06-2007 10:08 AM

you mean the gauge cluster on the "floor"?:( I like those......

TAG UR IT 10-06-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 25783)
It would be really cool if it came with a gun sight, activated by imports, mustangs, and challengers:evil: :burnrubber:

:laughabove:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 25788)
you mean the gauge cluster on the "floor"?:( I like those......

:thumbup:

wildpaws 10-06-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z284ever (Post 25784)
It will be optional.

It may actually be bundled into a package with those gimmicky, worthless, console gauges.

I also happen to like the console gauges and I certainly don't see them as "gimmicky, worthless", they should be oil pressure, water temp, alternator, and fuel, not exactly gauges I need to see every single minute I'm in the car. And if we end up with a HUD, the console gauges will be redundant at worst, but a good back up in case of HUD failure. The only two gauges I'm concerned with seeing easily all the time are tach and speedo.
Clyde

stevenm357 10-06-2007 08:36 PM

I hope so especially if they put the gauges in teh center console like they did in the concept.

Would love to see the HUD as an option.

Moose 10-06-2007 08:43 PM

HUD "standard" - I doubt it. ;)
HUD as part of a "performance pkg." - possibly. :iono:

Center console gauges - I hope they make production. :thumbsup: I think they'd be a "cool touch" paying homage to the 1st Gen. Camaro. :thumbsup:

Mr. Wyndham 10-07-2007 12:46 AM

:iono: To each his own, I guess. Either way - I can see them as an option...
But I wonder how they'd put them up with the other guages without looking tacky...

TAG UR IT 10-07-2007 12:59 AM

Leave'em in the center. If you have to look at your alternator, temp, and voltage gauges that often, then a display would be nice up front. But, this can be taken care of by adding a *low* signal for each issue...alt, battery, gas, etc.

If you have continous problems w/ your battery voltage/alternator, low oil pressure, engine temp, etc, then yeah....the gauges in the center will take your eyes off the road a lot. But, these are going to be all new cars with parts that will last many years to come. I doubt you will have to look down for anything but the gas gauge.