Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ever have someone else drive your car so you can see how it looks crusing by? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166939)

Oxtar41 08-23-2011 12:22 PM

Ever have someone else drive your car so you can see how it looks crusing by?

I took my moms car to work today so I could do some work on it and I let her take my 550rwhp supercharged camaro while I had her car. My moms been driving fast cars since she met my dad as hes a gear head too. So it was nothing new to her.

She had some places to run around to so she left when I did for work and I followed her until she had to turn on the highway, I have to say I'm even more in love with the car after seeing it for the first time being driven. The sound of the supercharger, longtubes with no cats or mufflers and the smell of 110 and 93 mix. Hot damn. :happyanim:

It was hilarious, she was driving it all nice and then when she turned to get on the highway I was about a block away and just hear this " ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR *shift* ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" and I shook my head, she drives my car harder then I do and shes almost 50 lmao. Ten mins later I get a text from her "This car is Wicked awesome. I think im gonna drive it all day". Thanks mom for abusing my car while I work on yours lol.:sm0:

Black5thgen 08-23-2011 12:25 PM

I have had other people drive my car so I could hear the exhaust.

scythezo6 08-23-2011 12:25 PM

Once, my friend took it around the block. He let me do the same with his GT.

Huggerorange73 08-23-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 3657953)

I've had other people drive my car and break it. :facepalm:

thebighar 08-23-2011 12:34 PM

I was hoping I wasn't the only idiot to do this. I had my girlfriend drive my car so I could see it and hear the exhaust I had just put on. I got my car almost 2 years ago and you didn't see as many as you do now.

orangejuice 08-23-2011 12:35 PM

Hey OP, I like you profile pic! I took that of my Camaro!

Ironheadspearo 08-23-2011 12:40 PM

My wife drove mine while I followed her on the motorcycle. It was really cool to see it go down the highway plus got to see better how others look at it when your not looking. People look more than you think because if they see you turn they turn away as if they weren't just drooling

ravensjeff 08-23-2011 12:40 PM

No, but I was following someone to the paint shop and passed them with some heavy acceleration. When we got to the shop, he said that the sound of the Maggie as I was going past him was bad-ass.

Scorpion6 08-23-2011 12:40 PM

My wife was allowed to drive mine at the dealer. That was before I signed the papers. I don't expect anyone will drive it but me from now on. With exception of having to drop it off for service. :bonk:

TJ91 08-23-2011 01:13 PM

yes and I drooled and couldnt believe the sound coming from it OMG was pure sex

Black5thgen 08-23-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 (Post 3657975)
I've had other people drive my car and break it. :facepalm:

http://i42.tinypic.com/fdczfl.jpg

SSFury 08-23-2011 01:27 PM

The guy who helped me install my footwell lighting.. that was his request for payment, was to be able to actually drive the car. To this day, he is still only the 2nd person to drive my car. And also, NO.. I wasn't standing there watching as he drove by, I was in the car making sure nothing happened.. and of course.. watching the Wanna-Perma Grin spread on his face.

The wife hasn't even driven her, because she cant drive a stick.. and NO, that is not a coincidence. If I ever get my ankle broken in training, Im screwed though.. cause we cant just "Trade Cars" like the old days.

RichGreene 08-23-2011 01:59 PM

No one operates any of my vehicles, If I want to see what it looks like moving Ill check out my reflection in the store windows.

Blitz 08-23-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 3657953)

+1 ... My wife has been telling me that she can hear me pulling into the neighborhood and knows that I'm almost home. I didn't believe her (all I have is a CAI and LM II's) so I had her drive it while I stood in the driveway to see how long I could hear it for.