Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Not impressed with the Boston Acoustics Sound (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243777)

Mil 08-15-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerZL1 (Post 5444927)
The rear tweeters are counted separately as are the door tweeters. There is also a separate center channel, which messes up stereo separation.

where are the rear tweeters.. and the mid channel speaker? I don't see them.

front door tweeters=2

front door mid= 2

rear deck speakers = 2 I see only 6 speakers

Nvincent4708 08-15-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mil (Post 5436388)
hey ZL1 folks,

I'm disappointed with the sound quality of the stereo .. although I did purchase this car because of its performance attributes; but i would have expected the stereo to have sounded better for a car in the 60k's . Just wondering what you guys think of the boston acoustic sound system?

it's the same package you can buy in a 2lt or SS.

It's a great sounding stereo compared to the normal speaker system.

HOWEVER, it does need a little bump.. so i added a few subwoofers to give it the low end it was missing.

strych9 08-15-2012 09:32 AM

Dunno why there's so much hate on the BA system. It's easily on par with the MACH series that Ford uses. I think it sounds great.

gbosh 08-15-2012 11:31 AM

When are people going to turn their audio car systems down? Does no one ever think about hearing damage from loud stero systems? My car with a usb drive playing a song starts to vibrate the rearview mirror so much so that the image is blurred! And that is at 25 on the radio display. Clearly the roof is vibrating and causing this,so are lots of parts of the car prone to add some unwanted sounds. If some drivers would realize being able to hear things going on around them they would turn the audio down. Think emergency traffic and other problems on the road. I also suspect some who complain have hearing damage so they must turn up the volume. Just give your hearing a break and turn the sound down!

snapp32e 08-15-2012 11:43 AM

where are the rear tweeters.. and the mid channel speaker? I don't see them.

front door tweeters=2

front door mid= 2

rear deck speakers = 2 I see only 6 speakers

------------------------------------------------------------

The rears are 2 way components so add another 2 for the tweets in them.

+1 center channel in the dash

=9

snapp32e 08-15-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbosh (Post 5445567)
When are people going to turn their audio car systems down? Does no one ever think about hearing damage from loud stero systems? My car with a usb drive playing a song starts to vibrate the rearview mirror so much so that the image is blurred! And that is at 25 on the radio display. Clearly the roof is vibrating and causing this,so are lots of parts of the car prone to add some unwanted sounds. If some drivers would realize being able to hear things going on around them they would turn the audio down. Think emergency traffic and other problems on the road. I also suspect some who complain have hearing damage so they must turn up the volume. Just give your hearing a break and turn the sound down!

No one said anything about loud.....it's about quality. A subwoofer adds bass to music played at lower levels as well. Typically the component speakers in the car have to be turned up a bit before they will add any amount of decent bass. With a sub, you can add more thump at lower volumes to compliment the levels at which the smaller speakers have a hard time reproducing any bass. As far as the amp goes, again it's not about loud. The factory amp IMO is not as "clean" as a quality aftermarket unit and therefor takes away from the true output of the head unit. I don't listen to music any louder in my car now that the stereo is twice as powerful, it just plays with a higher quality of sound reproduction which I think is what most people here are upset with.

Nvincent4708 08-15-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapp32e (Post 5445677)
No one said anything about loud.....it's about quality. A subwoofer adds bass to music played at lower levels as well. Typically the component speakers in the car have to be turned up a bit before they will add any amount of decent bass. With a sub, you can add more thump at lower volumes to compliment the levels at which the smaller speakers have a hard time reproducing any bass. As far as the amp goes, again it's not about loud. The factory amp IMO is not as "clean" as a quality aftermarket unit and therefor takes away from the true output of the head unit. I don't listen to music any louder in my car now that the stereo is twice as powerful, it just plays with a higher quality of sound reproduction which I think is what most people here are upset with.

Thank You!

After playing in a live band / running a recording studio.. i've become spoiled to good sounding music and quality.

So I do my best to recreate it inside my vehicles.

PsychoZL1 08-15-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mil (Post 5444957)
where are the rear tweeters.. and the mid channel speaker? I don't see them.

front door tweeters=2

front door mid= 2

rear deck speakers = 2 I see only 6 speakers

There's a speaker in the center of the dash and another speaker in the center of the rear platform.

The IOM Ninja 08-15-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 5444988)
Dunno why there's so much hate on the BA system. It's easily on par with the MACH series that Ford uses. I think it sounds great.

Too bad the Mach system isn't used in the Mustang anymore....

c4maroboy 08-16-2012 11:48 AM

i personally wish the sound had a little more bass to it. but i guess thats what subs are for!! haha

Mil 08-16-2012 11:52 AM

hey My ZL1 is in the shop 53k miles on it with a trans coolent line leak; Dealer paying for the rental which is cool. The rental is a 2010 Impala with a Bose stereo system and has kick azzzz sound.. NOW for 60K WHY CAN"T THEY OFFER THE BOSE instead of that Crappy Boston Acoustics System in our ZL1 !!??? WAzzzup CHEVY!!!??

c4maroboy 08-17-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mil (Post 5451191)
hey My ZL1 is in the shop 53k miles on it with a trans coolent line leak; Dealer paying for the rental which is cool. The rental is a 2010 Impala with a Bose stereo system and has kick azzzz sound.. NOW for 60K WHY CAN"T THEY OFFER THE BOSE instead of that Crappy Boston Acoustics System in our ZL1 !!??? WAzzzup CHEVY!!!??

:drinking: :thumbsup: thats what i thought?? my suburban has bose in it and it really has great bass. the bostons are ok, just not as good as i would like. chevy always finds a way to screw up a great car by cutting corners....

JT3640 08-19-2012 09:42 AM

I finally played with the settings on the stereo yesterday and now I think the system sounds great. It's the best sounding system that I have ever had in any vehicle I has owned.

The IOM Ninja 08-19-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT3640 (Post 5463744)
I finally played with the settings on the stereo yesterday and now I think the system sounds great. It's the best sounding system that I have ever had in any vehicle I has owned.

You clearly haven't owned any cars with good sound systems then lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.