Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What to do when a seller ceases contact after taking your money (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326276)

Crazycoot 11-02-2013 07:12 PM

What to do when a seller ceases contact after taking your money

I am looking for some advice. I recently purchased an item from a forum member coming up on a week ago. The item was supposed to be shipped the next day. When the day came and went, I messaged the member asking if the item had been shipped. Several days after I paid for the item, I received a response indicating that it would be shipped later than expected - either Thursday or Friday. Thursday came and went and I heard nothing. Friday came and went and I heard nothing. I sent a message asking about the item and received no response. I sent another message today and have received no response. This member has been active on this site every single day multiple times per day since our transaction began and has been on this site as recently as tonight. He has not replied to my messages since Wednesday. Is it too early for me to be pissed and worried that I have been scammed? Or should I chill out and relax? I am refraining from posting specifics about this member in the hopes that this situation will be resolved but I am quickly losing my patience.

06_warrior 11-02-2013 07:17 PM

Did you pay by paypal?, did you get a tracking #? If yes to both you can check the tracking # on line to see if and when it shipped and each transfer step by step. If you paid by paypal you can dispute the sale to paypal and get your money back if he kept your money and no shipment of merchandise.

Pluto 11-02-2013 07:17 PM

I have always shipped the moment I get paid in full, but that's just how I do business

KICKER 11-02-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluto (Post 7151519)
I have always shipped the moment I get paid in full, but that's just how I do business

:thumb:

Crazycoot 11-02-2013 07:24 PM

He has provided no tracking number. As far as I know he hasn't shipped it. I did pay via PayPal and I will file a complaint if I have not heard from him by tomorrow with a tracking number. I had a close friend do some investigating after becoming concerned and have been able to determine this members name, address, educational background, and other information so it does seem that he is real. But that doesnt mean he hasnt scammed me.

73camarolt 11-02-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluto (Post 7151519)

well it sucks u didnt sell this guy anything. Now lets get back to the sellers problem.

Crazycoot 11-02-2013 07:27 PM

He also has other items for sale so I almost feel I should disclose what I know about this guy in case he is scamming people.

aggieguy13 11-02-2013 07:29 PM

Rape and pillage!!!

omgitsmikeyC 11-02-2013 07:42 PM

Call paypal and tell them you sent money for a transaction and have not received any feedback from seller once you submitted the cash. They will open a claim and give the seller 10(?) or so days to give the money back or ship the items. (Not sure on amount of days). If the seller does not reply to their request of acknowledgement that he has said days to comply, you will get your money almost instantly.

lbheat 11-02-2013 07:44 PM

Thats shady. Why would the seller bail out like that, I have never been treated like that on here. Very good experiences so far best of luck with resolution. Contact paypal asap!

Crazycoot 11-02-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC (Post 7151596)
Call paypal and tell them you sent money for a transaction and have not received any feedback from seller once you submitted the cash. They will open a claim and give the seller 10(?) or so days to give the money back or ship the items. (Not sure on amount of days). If the seller does not reply to their request of acknowledgement that he has said days to comply, you will get your money almost instantly.

Thanks for this information. Ive been buying things online for a long time and have never run into a situation where the seller literally doesnt ship the item. I had no idea it was so simple to get your money back from paypal.

BigPopa71 11-02-2013 08:31 PM

Im a fast shipper, I like.people to feel comfortable after they have turned over their hard earned funds. I sometimes spend more than I would like on some of the items. I have even had items professionally packed to make sure people get what they pay for. Maybe he hasn't removed the part from his car and he is stalling. I do know he would get exposed if I didn't get my goods I paid for.

Crazycoot 11-02-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPopa71 (Post 7151741)
Im a fast shipper, I like.people to feel comfortable after they have turned over their hard earned funds. I sometimes spend more than I would like on some of the items I ship but have even had items professionally packed to make sure they get what they pay for. Maybe he hasn't removed the part from his car and he is stalling. I do know he would get exposed if I didn't get my goods I paid for.

The item was new and never used so this cant be his excuse.

77rs 11-02-2013 08:36 PM

Not on this site, but a seller never sent my parts,. cashed my personal checks, filed a police report, posted his name, city, etc. online, got my parts ansd cash back,.