Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tag, you wouldn't do this would you? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640)

Mindz 09-20-2007 07:39 PM

Tag, you wouldn't do this would you?

The cop was found not guilty...:thumbdown:

Mindz 09-20-2007 08:04 PM

RichieFlorida 09-20-2007 08:33 PM

Police brutality against kids and blacks is just as bad today as it was 30 years ago. The University of Florida and the College student tasered this week is another example. I live in Citrus County and last year with had the Inverness police dept disbanded and currently they are voting on the Crystal River Police Dept. to be also taken over by the Sheriffs Dept. The amount of complaints is incredible. There speeding guns were not recalibrated for an excessive amount of time. Not sure how many months constitute excessive but many tickets were written in the school zone that were reversed several months later. This and 100 other legitimate complaints is enough to make the city council here vote on another city police dept being given the boot. A professional sheriffs dept is the only way to go.

Mr. Wyndham 09-20-2007 09:23 PM

Holy crap. WTF did that kid do to deserve that?!?!?! :mad:

He could have killed the kid. The trigger-happy, gun-toting, POS! :evil: Cop or not, all he did was get up, like the cop asked him too!

And that skateboarding cop......ARHAAAA! Did he seriously just start choking a girl...for being "in violation of city orders"??!?!?!? She didn't even say anything. It was the other kid F'n him off....WTF?!?! He needs to be put down...like, dog kennel put down. :mad:

CamaroSpike23 09-20-2007 09:58 PM

one thing to keep in mind is that there are plenty of PUNK kids out there who start mouthing off to cops. it doesnt show the beginning of every thing. so whos to say that when the cop told them to stop skateboarding, that they continued or started being little smart ass punks and mouthed off to the cop. same thing if you get pulled over for speeding or whatever and the cop asks you to get out of the car and you start acting stupid and threatening him, or something similar. they can arrest you for disorderly conduct or resisting arrest if you start fighting back. whos to say that the kid that was being choked didnt start to squirm away and flail at the cop when he first started to arrest him?

im not saying that i think cops should get away with everything, but there are always 2 sides to a story.

Mindz 09-20-2007 10:00 PM

I agree with you up until a point. The kid with the camera was handcuffed for doing what? Obviously he wasn't skateboarding in the presence of the cop otherwise the cop would have gone after all of them right off the bat. They were walking with their boards in hand. That's the part of the video I'm concerned with.

Mr. Wyndham 09-20-2007 10:06 PM

Your right, of course, CamaroSpike...I hadn't thought of that. I was still pissed, and hot-headed from watching that guy get shot for nothing.

Mindz, He was probably pissed, and aggravated to have had to chase down that one a$$hole, and he probably had a case of You-listen-to-every-damn-word-I-say-or-I'll-punish-you-because-I-can.

CamaroSpike23 09-20-2007 10:14 PM

what about when the kid took off running when the cop told him to stay put? lol not tryin to argue, im just keeping an open mind about this. i could get in a fight with a cop and you could start recording halfway thru when backup arrives and beats the living crap out of me. same concept applies.

they were skateboarding, obviously they were told to stop by the cop, the one kid didnt and the cop went to arrest him and the kid resisted (possibly swung, whatever). while he was putting the kid in cuffs, he told one of the others to stay put, the kid ran. the cop chased him and a scuffle began when the cop started to put the kids in their place.
skateboarding may seem like a trifle thing because "you arent hurting anyone", but when its against the law/city ordinance, its STILL AGAINST THE LAW. just like if im speeding on an empty highway at 3 in the morning...im still speeding. and if the officer tries to arrest me and I resist, I am giving him all rights in the world to DO HIS JOB and put me into custody any way he deems fit.

my $0.04 lol

Mindz 09-20-2007 10:30 PM

Like I said, I agree with you. The only one that I feel was treated unfairly is the camera kid. The kid being choked may have swung but the cop should have choked the kid until he was able to put cuffs on them.

TAG UR IT 09-20-2007 11:06 PM

First off, I can't see the vid. So, I can't comment on that. BUT, I can comment on the guy at the college....he was in the WRONG and that is that. I will explain later.

Seriously, some folks just don't know what it's like until you walk a DAY in OUR shoes! The smallest move can and most likely will be taken as hostile when someone is back talking. You'd better believe it. When I tell someone to do something and they backtalk, I take the backtalk (as it's my job). BUT, they will do it. We get called names all the time and it's part of the job. I can't arrest someone for calling me a name unless someone else is around who is offended.

BUT, I'm NOT going to pounce on a kid or anyone else just for saying something. It takes more than that ... it's called A TOTALITY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES ... to make me do anything. A person backtalking is one thing. A HOSTILE person backtalking is another. If you make a furtive movement, you'd better be ready, because IT'S COMING.

There's so many videos out there on youtube where you only see one side...and it's usually the end. Yes, I'm sure there are officers out there who abuse their powers....and it's sad. The less physical I have to get, the better. That's just the way it goes. But with others, they could be looking for the fight.

Don't let one persons actions speak for everyone....PERIOD.

Eisenhower 09-21-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 24135)
im not saying that i think cops should get away with everything, but there are always 2 sides to a story.

It doesn't look like there were two sides to that first video. I didn't hear that cop yell, "he's got a gun" or anything... he just shot the man. Where's the justification? Where's the probable or reasonable cause? I'd have thrown that no good cop in prison and made sure he was integrated within general population. In these type of situations, they should never be acquitted or found not guilty.

The second video seemed like the cop had a score to settle with the skateboarders. Well, no not really, hehe. Those kids were clearly breaking the law by skateboarding on city sidewalks and interfering with the first and subsequent arrests. However, that girl wasn't really doing anything wrong..., well, yes she was.:help: The cop told her to sit down, she refused and started running her mouth. So, that situation appears to be justifiable use of force.:rolleyes: Besides, as was mentioned, some of those bratty little kids deserve what they get.

CamaroSpike23 09-21-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower (Post 24152)
It doesn't look like there were two sides to that first video. I didn't hear that cop yell, "he's got a gun" or anything... he just shot the man. Where's the justification? Where's the probable or reasonable cause? I'd have thrown that no good cop in prison and made sure he was integrated within general population. In these type of situations, they should never be acquitted or found not guilty.

The second video seemed like the cop had a score to settle with the skateboarders. Well, no not really, hehe. Those kids were clearly breaking the law by skateboarding on city sidewalks and interfering with the first and subsequent arrests. However, that girl wasn't really doing anything wrong..., well, yes she was.:help: The cop told her to sit down, she refused and started running her mouth. So, that situation appears to be justifiable use of force.:rolleyes: Besides, as was mentioned, some of those bratty little kids deserve what they get.

yeah the first one i only watched once, and i cant watch it at work, but ill review it back home. plus the sound sucks (at least on my end). but you never know, the guy could have been reaching in his pockets or pants for "something"
there was a guy in E. St. Louis when I was growin up that got shot by a cop in a gas station, cus the guy reached in his pocket and pulled out a silver "object". granted the cop was hasty and pulled his gun and shot and killed the guy... because he was answering his cell phone. but the guy did have a gun. in his ankle holster. but on the video the guy looked around suspiciously then reached in his pocket and pulled the phone out quickly, and the cop got hasty and pulled his gun first before verifying what the guy had. but whos to say the cop didnt save the lives of himself and the other patrons of the gas station? the guy could have been planning to rob the place, but we'll never know.

and as far as settling a score with the skateboarders, kids these days need to learn some F***ing manners. im starting to sound old, but when I was growin up, if you backtalked to an adult, you got backslapped! too many parents sparing the rod and spoiling the child. nuf said.

TAG UR IT 09-21-2007 01:06 AM

Without reading anyone elses posts and ONLY to comment on the first two posts.....

POST #1.

Yes, I've seen this video before. Wasn't it out in California?? And the guy was military or something? I don't recall specifics, but I do remember the officer was supposedly a new officer...only been on for a short time. Also, if I recall correctly, there was a police chase involved w/ that Corvette...a Felony offense.

I do recall that the officer had this guy out at gunpoint on the passenger side. I don't recall if the guy was armed. I don't think so. But, I do remember the officer telling him to "shut up" repeatedly....and....in doing so, supposedly told the guy to "stand up." The guy complied and was shot.

IMO, that is f^*k3d up. I, for one, KNOW I have had my adrenaline flowing and have said certain things, but meant to say something else. It happens. No, it wasn't in any type of situation like this. But, there are critical times when we know *these next few seconds mean life or death for me*. Put yourself in that type of situation and think of what your reaction would be. It gets scary. My main concern at the end of my day is to go home to my family. Don't get me wrong. I am NOT saying it was okay to screw up w/ a jumble of words and shoot this poor guy. I am NOT saying that at ALL. That was realllly messed up.

POST #2.

FIRST AND FOREMOST...no one here saw what led up to the point where the camera began rolling....period. No one has any idea what took place except for those out there who experienced it.

Second...he was placing a kid under arrest who wasn't obeying him. Watch the video. He has the kid lawfully detained for a city ordinance violation. He tells him to roll over on his stomach while he's holding his arm. The kid doesn't do it. He has to tell him again. Did the officer jump on him and begin beating him? No. He just continued to try to do his job while all these other kids kept pestering the officer who was trying to LEGALLY detain an individual.

One kid went too far w/ the pestering. That is called "Interference with Police Duties" and is a CRIME. The officer had the legal authority to detain that kid and he told him to stop (or stay right there...whatever). But, what did the kid do? He ran. That is now called "Evading Detention."...by the way, that's also illegal.

The officer gives chase, but appears to lose him. He goes back to the original person he was dealing with. He picks him up and tries to walk off away from everyone else. What does everyone else do? They follow....of course. What does everyone always want to do....

But, the girl and boy follow and continue to interfere. Both can be arrested since the officer already has the authority to detain them for the city ord violation and the fact that he's already told them to go away. Again, it's called "Interfering w/ Police Duties." And, in case you are wondering what exactly this means...

Quote:

§ 38.15. INTERFERENCE WITH PUBLIC DUTIES. (a) A person
commits an offense if the person with criminal negligence
interrupts, disrupts, impedes, or otherwise interferes with:
(1) a peace officer while the peace officer is
performing a duty or exercising authority imposed or granted by
law;
(2) a person who is employed to provide emergency
medical services including the transportation of ill or injured
persons while the person is performing that duty;
(3) a fire fighter, while the fire fighter is fighting
a fire or investigating the cause of a fire;
(4) an animal under the supervision of a peace
officer, corrections officer, or jailer, if the person knows the
animal is being used for law enforcement, corrections, prison or
jail security, or investigative purposes;
(5) the transmission of a communication over a
citizen's band radio channel, the purpose of which communication is
to inform or inquire about an emergency; or
(6) an officer with responsibility for animal control
in a county or municipality, while the officer is performing a duty
or exercising authority imposed or granted under Chapter 821 or
822, Health and Safety Code.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
(c) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(1)
that the conduct engaged in by the defendant was intended to warn a
person operating a motor vehicle of the presence of a peace officer
who was enforcing Subtitle C, Title 7, Transportation Code.
(d) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that
the interruption, disruption, impediment, or interference alleged
consisted of speech only.
(e) In this section, "emergency" means a condition or
circumstance in which an individual is or is reasonably believed by
the person transmitting the communication to be in imminent danger
of serious bodily injury or in which property is or is reasonably
believed by the person transmitting the communication to be in
imminent danger of damage or destruction.
BUT...girl comes up and Officer tells both of them to "SIT DOWN." Neither comply. He tells both of them they are under arrest for a City Ordinace Violation (which really isn't anything at all...should be a ticket and you're gone). What does the girl do??? SHE RUNS!!! DUH.... Once again, it's called Evading Arrest...ya'll want to know what this means?

Quote:

§ 38.04. EVADING ARREST OR DETENTION. (a) A person
commits an offense if he intentionally flees from a person he knows
is a peace officer attempting lawfully to arrest or detain him.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor,
except that the offense is:
(1) a state jail felony if the actor uses a vehicle
while the actor is in flight and the actor has not been previously
convicted under this section
;
Meanwhile, the other kid keeps yelling, "What the **** is wrong with you? She's riding a skateboard!" Can he be placed under arrest? Let's see...City Ordinance Violation...yup...Interference...yup...resisting? not too sure. Couldn't tell if he was fighting back. I tell them to put their hands behing their back before jumping on them. I think he was a wee bit pissed off. Oh, and the girl got away...ouch.

The moral of the story...

If an officer tells you to do something, you DO IT. And, if your buddy is getting arrested, don't try to be a smart ass or a hero. Guess what...it's called interfering and you'll be arrested too. Oh, and when an officer tells you you are under arrest and you run...expect to be chased down and probably taken to the ground. ...duh...

CamaroSpike23 09-21-2007 01:20 AM

GO TAG!!!!