Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Throttle Bodies??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297782)

BubbaSS 05-25-2013 09:01 PM

Throttle Bodies???

What aftermarket LS3/L99 plug and play options are out there?

All I can confirm are these:

Nick Williams 102mm
BBK 95mm (What I've been waiting for, but every month is "next month")
BBK 102mm

Anyone know of anything in the 92mm-95mm category? I don't think 102mm will compliment my config as I don't plan on upgrading my intake. I feel like we've been neglected a bit with these :emoticon1:

Supercharged SS 05-25-2013 09:04 PM

What you're looking for is the VMAX ported stock throttle body. The others really won't compliment your other mods. I think Jannetty Racing has them in stock or Florida Speed and Power. There is another company porting them but the name eludes me right now, sorry.

FosterSS 05-25-2013 09:05 PM

Why not Vmax port your stock TB? Im sure the experts will chime in on the benefits of that since your not touching the IM. I have both Vmax ported and love it.

BubbaSS 05-25-2013 09:36 PM

Yes, I have researched V-Max as well and I believe it works, but through my research it seems there may be more gains in aftermarket TB's, along with quality and aesthetics to match IMO. Not knocking the porting of the stockers, because I know they work in there own way too.

Matt @ FSP 05-25-2013 09:36 PM

Yep.. As Supercharged SS said we have them in stock, ready with free shipping. You can order through our website www.floridaspeedandpower.com

BubbaSS 05-25-2013 09:41 PM

Matt, do you sell any aftermarket plug and play for our cars? Will you carry BBK 95mm when they come out...hopefully in June?

Supercharged SS 05-25-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaSS (Post 6589384)
Matt, do you sell any aftermarket plug and play for our cars? Will you carry BBK 95mm when they come out...hopefully in June?

If you need a part Matt will be the first to have it but BBK has been saying any day now for a while. So take what they say with a grain of salt.

What about the fast intake with a NW 102 tb?

BubbaSS 05-25-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6589397)
If you need a part Matt will be the first to have it but BBK has been saying any day now for a while. So take what they say with a grain of salt.

What about the fast intake with a NW 102 tb?

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually did consider that setup even after my tuner said the gains would be minimal with my mods. After much research here on C5 and another well known forum, it seemed to me that my tuner was right and 102mm was too large for my application. Guys with my setup and even heads did not see much gain. Would need to be FI to see gains worthy of that price tag.

Supercharged SS 05-25-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaSS (Post 6589434)
Thanks for the recommendation. I actually did consider that setup even after my tuner said the gains would be minimal with my mods. After much research here on C5 and another well known forum, it seemed to me that my tuner was right and 102mm was too large for my application. Guys with my setup and even heads did not see much gain. Would need to be FI to see gains worthy of that price tag.

Just a thought on my part. I didn't look into like you did. Without having a big cubed engine or pd forced induction you won't see much with a bigger tb. If anything you could try a ported stocker and see. They don't cost much at all. Other than that I think you may be sol.

litle88 05-25-2013 10:00 PM

Vmax, you'll need a 102 when you start moving a lot more AIR!

Tampa Tuning 05-25-2013 10:05 PM

We have the largest actual in stock amount of LSA/ LS3/ L99/ LLT/ LFX we've been told. We went out and bought several dozen new OEM stock throttle bodies to cycle for Vmax porting.

Just reach out for me anytime and ill give you the best price.

Vmax ports them right here in Tampa so I get a great deal on them.

Matt @ FSP 05-25-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaSS (Post 6589384)

Yes, once they are out as long as we test one in-house first then we'll carry the line. We are looking forward to them as another option, I'm just hoping that they work out OK.

BubbaSS 05-25-2013 10:20 PM

Well you guys might be right...I spoke with a Sales exec at BBK and she seemed certain that they'll be released in a couple of weeks and several vendors have ship dates of mid June as well...I am optimistic, but I will definitely go Vmax if BBK goes another month without a launch. If anyone out there knows of another manufacturer (92mm-95mm) please chime in. At this point I know I'm reaching, but why not ask? Thanks!

BubbaSS 05-25-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 6589495)
Yes, once they are out as long as we test one in-house first then we'll carry the line. We are looking forward to them as another option, I'm just hoping that they work out OK.

Awesome! Hope they work out! Hope they come out :\ I'll be watching either way. Thanks!