Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Sell Zanio and start over with the full Adams kit? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219300)

Zman12 04-26-2012 08:22 AM

Sell Zanio and start over with the full Adams kit?

Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black:D

The Stig 04-26-2012 08:24 AM

Do it! Adam's products even smell good too

Sir Nuke 04-26-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman12 (Post 4868248)
Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black:D

:word: Its ok......LOTS of us use a mix-mash of products.....its cool!

Fiveg56 04-26-2012 10:08 AM

I'm a new Adam's user, and I really like what I've used so far, but I have other brands in my kit (Lots of Armor All products) and I'm going to keep them and use them up. No resason to throw them out. That being said, I did toss out my old microfiber once I got ahold of the Adam's ones. I say keep the Z and use it.

charleSS 04-26-2012 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My IBM camaro was only two day old and I thought it was shiny! I hit it with the Adams machine polish kit and the Porter Cable orbital and BOOM! Super shiny! I love the glossy wet look. I haven't used/had the chance to use the Zanio. So I can't compare but only to say Adams was very impressive.:thumbup:

DangerZL1 04-26-2012 11:29 AM

Your car looks great! I purchased the Adams kit last fall, and will be using most of it soon, although I did get some blackfire polish and carnuba wax.

chalkupanother1 04-26-2012 11:36 AM

Are the items in you Zaino kit machine polishes are just waxes and sealants? If they are not machine applied polishes, you're not gonna get rid of the swirls on a black car. They must be mechanically removed via a PC and polish. Adam's users get good results...here's a link to what I just did to my swirled black camaro...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218531

Adam's Polishes 04-26-2012 12:43 PM

I'm never one to tell anyone to throw out perfectly serviceable detail products.

If you want to do paint correction with our system, then use up what you have with Zaino as your LSP (last step product) theres no harm.

If you're really interested in swapping over to our line fully I'd at least try to sell what you have to a Zaino user... no sense in wasting it, I'm sure you paid good money to get it.

Angelo@Autopia 04-26-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 4868673)
:word: Its ok......LOTS of us use a mix-mash of products.....its cool!

Same here, so don't throw out those products. Just get some polishes and you should be set.

Zman12 04-26-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams (Post 4869766)
I'm never one to tell anyone to throw out perfectly serviceable detail products.

If you want to do paint correction with our system, then use up what you have with Zaino as your LSP (last step product) theres no harm.

If you're really interested in swapping over to our line fully I'd at least try to sell what you have to a Zaino user... no sense in wasting it, I'm sure you paid good money to get it.

Dylan thanks for the candid response. I will be calling in the next few days to get an order going. I am hoping for a nice big fat birthday coupon code from you guys I hope:bow: my birthday is Saturday. I may still get your sealant to since I am sure I will be getting a kit. Hey it's only money right?