Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NightOwl RGB Halo Kit (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285737)

Joe@NightOwlLEDs 03-28-2013 07:56 PM

NightOwl RGB Halo Kit

http://developer.android.com/images/..._rgb_wo_45.png https://devimages.apple.com.edgekey....-app-store.svg

NightOwl LED Systems is now ready to launch our first product. After a year and a half in development, and a product demonstration at Camaro Fest 3 in August 2012, we’re finally ready to get these products into your cars. I’m proud to have been a member of Camaro5.com since September 2010, and I wanted this Camaro crowd to be the first to have our products. This is the best controller system available for automobiles. We are the manufacturer of these controllers, and the authors of the applications that control them.

For a background on us and our products, visit our introduction thread: Introducing NightOwl LED Systems and our website at www.nightowlleds.com.

NightOwl RGB Halo Kit - For Camaro RS halos, this kit converts these lights into colored halos by replacing the LED inside it. This DOES NOT require you to bake your headlights to take them apart, nor can you even tell from the outside that anything is not stock. We didn’t invent this method...we just offer the best controllers. With the NightOwl system, you’ll control your halos with your smartphone, tablet, or iPod Touch. iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android devices are all supported.

We are also offering this as an upgrade for JDP’s RS Color Changing Halo Package. We have been a fan of this kit since it came out. We just wanted to add better control. Our Package lets you retain the halo LEDs so that you don’t have to swap them again, and retains the wiring harness up to the controller. Simply unplug their controller and plug ours in. It is that simple. This turns your kit into a NightOwl system!

Features that set us apart:
  • WiFi control via smartphone/tablet. Every controller has unique security key. Nobody else can control your system.
  • Expandable system that allows you to add additional driver modules as part of your whole car system.
  • Master module communicates with driver modules wirelessly throughout the car.
  • Independent control over each halo.
  • Precise colors. The best control available anywhere.
  • Configurable programs for different effects.
  • Included controller can also control driving lights.
  • Programmable startup color for each device.
  • Color-correction for RGB LEDs - this lets you match the color of white for each LED or LED strip so that they all match. This also helps to match yellow, magenta, and cyan between different lights too.
  • Every NightOwl system will have a unique WiFi SSID. Not limited to 16 choices like other WiFi controllers.

Included
  • RGB Halo LEDs. (Included in full kit)
  • WiFi Master Module.
  • miniHP Module for driving halo LEDs
  • Wiring harness including fuse box connectors
  • Key fob remote with outstanding range. Program 4 of your favorite programs, plus off and default.
  • iOS 6.0+ App
  • Android 4.0+ App
  • Installation video and instructions.

NightOwl Camaro Halo Kit V2

Prices on our individual modules is here: NightOwl Modules

CamaroKid300 03-28-2013 08:18 PM

Great System!

:thumbup:

GMteSSted 03-28-2013 08:43 PM

Well, don't have an RS......guess I'm still waiting.

Deke736 03-28-2013 09:12 PM

Ordered! Looking forward to getting this installed!

Jameg1011 03-28-2013 09:42 PM

So how hard is the install? Also how much with the grill light?

CamaroKid300 03-28-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameg1011 (Post 6351857)
So how hard is the install? Also how much with the grill light?

Install isn't very challenging, it just takes time and patience.

Check out this link here.

The grill light can be added on for $30. :thumbsup:

Joe@NightOwlLEDs 03-29-2013 05:58 AM

Thanks for all of the quick orders camaro5!

954camaro 03-29-2013 04:50 PM

Can you download your app yet off the App Store yet? So I can tinker with it lol

Hard Parker 03-29-2013 10:01 PM

Awesome Joe if I get my 1LE in the summer I'm comin to you personally

MValdez17 03-30-2013 01:08 AM

Ordered! Cant wait to have some RGB Halos on my Camaro.

Joe@NightOwlLEDs 03-31-2013 08:43 AM

Happy Easter everyone! Thanks for the numerous orders our first weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 954camaro (Post 6355312)
Can you download your app yet off the App Store yet? So I can tinker with it lol

The app was submitted to Apple a few weeks ago, and was accepted on our first attempt. This is very unusual to be accepted on the first attempt. We did not submit this version to the app store though, because we wanted to make a few more minor changes. Usually apps take at least two attempts at getting accepted their first time, so we wanted to get that ball rolling early. There is no reason to put it into the store until we are ready to ship the kits. There isn't very much to see or do when it is not connected to a system. In the next couple of weeks we'll do a video showing more of the app. This app is one of the best parts of the system, and we haven't even shown it off.

Each master will have it's own unique system key that you'll type into the app. Without this key, you won't be able to connect to the system. It is very easy to use the app, and I know you guys are anxious for it. We'll show you some more in a couple of weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom SS (Post 6356826)
Awesome Joe if I get my 1LE in the summer I'm comin to you personally

What is this IF? Chris just went and traded in his SS on Friday for a 1LE. Chip and JT want to help other Atlanta members install their kits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MValdez17 (Post 6357620)
Ordered! Cant wait to have some RGB Halos on my Camaro.

We appreciate the order!

yotaman96 03-31-2013 09:02 AM

Wow

Cruz'n 45th 03-31-2013 01:36 PM

All In-One Harness

I have a Light Right all in one harness and was wondering if there would be any issue or compatibility concerns with connecting complete set?

Camaro1002 03-31-2013 11:56 PM

I have the JDP color changing kit but have trouble a lot of time with the actual halos changing colors. Maybe the remote or receiver box. If upgrading to the nightowl kit will I have the same problem or will I be able to change the halos anytime I want?