Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   White Mary Jane...Build Thread [COTW 6/11/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203778)

camaro_RS 06-13-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmack25 (Post 5119084)
Congrats on winning COTW !!! You deserve it:headbang:

Jmack thanks a ton man!! I appreciate it!

tmac1granger33 06-13-2012 05:39 PM

Congrats on cotw. The razzi kits are definitely head turners!;):chevy:

camaro_RS 06-13-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 (Post 5122274)
Congrats on cotw. The razzi kits are definitely head turners!;):chevy:

Haha :word:

Thanks tmac!!!

1badtie 06-13-2012 09:41 PM

lol how did u come up with white mary jane? i get the white part..
nice car tho!

camaro_RS 06-13-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1badtie (Post 5123693)
lol how did u come up with white mary jane? i get the white part..
nice car tho!

Haha thanks man! Im sure it's not what you're thinking. Mary Jane is also my fiancées name. I mentioned it in my first post on this thread because I figured I'd get that ? a lot. You're actually the first to ask though! Haha. I've never been into the other "Mary Jane" myself. Just not my thing.

RichieSSZ28 06-14-2012 05:25 AM

Sweet ride. Never been to keen on white but you got my eye on this one. Not to bring up bad memories on the Red velvet cake but me and my fiance were coming home one night from the movies and all of a sudden this loud bam against the side of the car. It was to bad to jar the car but only to shock you for a sec. I live near the country so I automatically assumed a small animal got hit by the ground effect near the passenger door. I pulled over at the nearest parking lot and shined the light and it was an Egg. I just had the paint job completed maybe a few weeks prior and Man I was pissed. I turned back to find them. No luck. But I cleaned it up with what I had at the time and it was just like Macdonal napkins. I was 20 min from the house and washed it with soap and water. The egg already done it's damage already tho. It made the paint crack or really looks dried out and where the shell hit sratched just above the window seal. Probably some kids or something but people don't have respect for other stuff anymore. IF they can't have it then you shouldn't ither kind of attitudes. But like the ride man and I noticed you blacked everything out on your lights except the Fog light. Autozone sells a lens tint. It's easy and looks great. You can see on my pics I did mine about a yr ago and still looks good. Bugs don't effect it.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 06-14-2012 08:21 AM

so......what's next for you now that you accomplished COTW??

Disneyland? LOL

Pumped to see ya getting all the much deserved love. Always thought that your car stood way out down in Florida during my time down there.

Ivan

TStko 06-14-2012 08:27 AM

I knew it was coming!!! Only matter of time, i told you this car was hot as any other, Camaro_RS!!!!!! See! lol lol

Camaro_krazee 06-14-2012 04:54 PM

Congrats on COTW!! :)

Ponte 06-14-2012 08:19 PM

Congrats! Your car is very beautiful.

camaro_RS 06-14-2012 09:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 (Post 5124712)
Sweet ride. Never been to keen on white but you got my eye on this one. Not to bring up bad memories on the Red velvet cake but me and my fiance were coming home one night from the movies and all of a sudden this loud bam against the side of the car. It was to bad to jar the car but only to shock you for a sec. I live near the country so I automatically assumed a small animal got hit by the ground effect near the passenger door. I pulled over at the nearest parking lot and shined the light and it was an Egg. I just had the paint job completed maybe a few weeks prior and Man I was pissed. I turned back to find them. No luck. But I cleaned it up with what I had at the time and it was just like Macdonal napkins. I was 20 min from the house and washed it with soap and water. The egg already done it's damage already tho. It made the paint crack or really looks dried out and where the shell hit sratched just above the window seal. Probably some kids or something but people don't have respect for other stuff anymore. IF they can't have it then you shouldn't ither kind of attitudes. But like the ride man and I noticed you blacked everything out on your lights except the Fog light. Autozone sells a lens tint. It's easy and looks great. You can see on my pics I did mine about a yr ago and still looks good. Bugs don't effect it.

Damn, sorry to hear about some little a-holes ruining your paint. That's worse than my cake...that's for sure. Same intent, though.

On a side note...you're black/IOM two-tone paint scheme is awesome!! :thumbup: Awesome car, man!

Actually, I did buy some tint for my DRL's and as I was putting it on I realized it wasn't near as dark as I wanted. I ordered them from a vendor on here and didn't realize they weren't dark enough when looking at pics on their site.

Below is a pic of when I was putting it on. You can clearly tell it doesn't look as dark as I'd want it to.

Thanks for the heads up on the Autozone tint. I'll have to check that out. Do you have to cut it yourself?

camaro_RS 06-14-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 5125165)
so......what's next for you now that you accomplished COTW??

Disneyland? LOL

Pumped to see ya getting all the much deserved love. Always thought that your car stood way out down in Florida during my time down there.

Ivan

LOL :sm0:Thanks man. Naahh, not sure what I've got planned next. Instead of going to Disney MJ and I are going to hang out with the in-laws this weekend instead of going to the ECC cruise:rolleyes:...... then maybe order a resontated x-pipe and some shorty headers :D. Hahaha. Any ideas where I can get a good deal Ivan????

Quote:

Originally Posted by TStko (Post 5125190)
I knew it was coming!!! Only matter of time, i told you this car was hot as any other, Camaro_RS!!!!!! See! lol lol

LOL :happyanim: I do remember you saying something of that sort a while back :headbang:. Thanks a lot TS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee (Post 5128434)
Congrats on COTW!! :)

Thank you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponte (Post 5129282)
Congrats! Your car is very beautiful.

I appreciate the kind words!!! :thumbup:

Schrant 06-14-2012 09:39 PM

What wheels are those and were did you get them i have a Cyber Grey Metallic and im looking for a wheel like that.

camaro_RS 06-14-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrant (Post 5129654)
What wheels are those and were did you get them i have a Cyber Grey Metallic and im looking for a wheel like that.

They are 20" IVS Havoc wheels. Black chrome. I got them from xplosiveperformance.com. They're a vendor on here. I think quite a few vendors probably sell them.