Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   More power for LS3 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6684)

13F20 09-09-2008 08:31 PM

More power for LS3

1 Attachment(s)
Want more power for your LS3?*

The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a complete engine with fuel rails and injectors, down to the oil pan. If you want a little more power the LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! This is a complete engine also. You say you want an old school look,but you would like newest engine out, The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.

http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...tte/index.html) revealed that, in addition to being an impressive performer in stock form, Chevy's new LS3engine also responds enthusiastically to basic horsepower modifications. But whereas there are numerous aftermarket parts available for the long-running LS1 and LS2 power plants, the LS3's more-recent introduction means there are comparatively few bolt-ones out there for the '08 Vette.
Fortunately for the truly speed-addicted, there's ProCharger (www.procharger.com), the first manufacturer to market a supercharger kit engineered exclusively for the LS3-powered model. According to ProCharger Marketing Director Jeff Lacina, the company’s new H.O. Intercooled system includes everything required to turn a 430hpstocker into a 620hp whiplash warrior.
"The ProCharger system provides a 40-45 percent horsepower gain, with just 5-6 psi of boost, on a stock LS3 engine running pump gas. Additionally, the ProCharger features the industry's most effective and highest-flowing intercooler system, thus providing the engine with the coolest charge-air temperatures for maximum performance and longevity, “he said.

ProCharger's H.O. intercooled supercharger system comes with detailed instructions and everything needed for a clean, hassle-free installation. Production systems will include a handheld ECM re-programmer loaded with custom, application-specific tuning.
We already had a more-than-passing familiarity with ProCharger'sindustry-acclaimed products for the C5 and C6. Indeed, a quick review of the last two years of VETTE turned up numerous high-output feature cars using ProCharger blower kits, along with a pair of exclusive, "first look" tech articles on the company's latest supercharger offerings. With this kind of exposure, it's little wonder that ProCharger systems represent the most popular form of artificial aspiration currently available for EFI Corvettes.
ProCharger's first complete Corvette system, for L98-powered models, was released in early 1996, followed by an LT1 kit in 1997, and systems forth C5 and C6 in 2001 and 2005, respectively. "Developing a supercharger for the LS3 Corvette was a natural progression of ProCharger's design philosophy and its reputation for producing reliable horsepower with the earlier LS1, LS2, and LS7 cars," Lacina explained. "AProCharger-equipped LS3 Corvette represents an outstanding performance value when compared with a stock Z06."
Sold on the promise of 150 extra hp at the rear wheels, we decided to orchestrate the country's first installation and dyno test of ProCharger's newest Corvette blower system.
The complete install took less than a day and required no permanent modifications to the body or powertrain. As for the results, well, suffice it to say that justifying that '09 ZR1 purchase just got much more difficult.:happyanim: :headbang: :bow:

sinnerSS 09-09-2008 08:37 PM

yes......who doesnt. what you got?:popcorn:

Mr Twisty 09-09-2008 08:40 PM

Cap'n Kirk-"We need.......more.......power, Scotty!"
Scotty- "I'ma givner all she kn take capn! She cannu take enny more!"
Had to do it, sorry

Captainbob 09-09-2008 11:44 PM

Now finally some good solid bolt on hp.. Those power curves look good, can someone get the A/F ratio from that same dyno? Whats the cost of the procharger kit? Whats temp mods are they talking about to make the install? Thats real power.. Now where talkin!! Thanks 13f20!

spd98 09-10-2008 06:15 AM

The GMp camshafts are not all that great. You can get Much MUCH better numbers out of aftermarket units.

CamaroSpike23 09-10-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spd98 (Post 128057)
The GMp camshafts are not all that great. You can get Much MUCH better numbers out of aftermarket units.

custom grind.

Jamestwilliams 09-10-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spd98 (Post 128057)

Thanks for the heads up but I don't think gm wants to make an engine that can barely idle.

Muscle Master 09-10-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 128182)
custom grind.

Funny...........lol

Guess it'll work hmmm

haulass350 09-10-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainbob (Post 127986)
Now finally some good solid bolt on hp.. Those power curves look good, can someone get the A/F ratio from that same dyno? Whats the cost of the procharger kit? Whats temp mods are they talking about to make the install? Thats real power.. Now where talkin!! Thanks 13f20!

the kit i got for my truck was around 4500, although i think some of the newer kits with programmers and such are around 4-6.5k jsut going off the vette and stang prices.

headpunter 09-10-2008 03:50 PM

i heard talk on corvette forums and ls1tech that you can do the hotcam swap and then tune this engine to 500hp without any other mods im torn because i could do that and the dealer prolly wont notice as no dealer is gonna miss a supercharger under the hood.

rgrizzard 09-15-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 128392)
i heard talk on corvette forums and ls1tech that you can do the hotcam swap and then tune this engine to 500hp without any other mods im torn because i could do that and the dealer prolly wont notice as no dealer is gonna miss a supercharger under the hood.

The dealer will find the tune, in fact there is a TSB for the mechanics on this...

CamaroSpike23 09-15-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 128208)
Funny...........lol

Guess it'll work hmmm

whatya mean?

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-16-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13F20 (Post 127777)
Want more power for your LS3?*

The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a complete engine with fuel rails and injectors, down to the oil pan. If you want a little more power the LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! This is a complete engine also. You say you want an old school look,but you would like newest engine out, The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.

http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...tte/index.html) revealed that, in addition to being an impressive performer in stock form, Chevy's new LS3engine also responds enthusiastically to basic horsepower modifications. But whereas there are numerous aftermarket parts available for the long-running LS1 and LS2 power plants, the LS3's more-recent introduction means there are comparatively few bolt-ones out there for the '08 Vette.
Fortunately for the truly speed-addicted, there's ProCharger (www.procharger.com), the first manufacturer to market a supercharger kit engineered exclusively for the LS3-powered model. According to ProCharger Marketing Director Jeff Lacina, the company’s new H.O. Intercooled system includes everything required to turn a 430hpstocker into a 620hp whiplash warrior.
"The ProCharger system provides a 40-45 percent horsepower gain, with just 5-6 psi of boost, on a stock LS3 engine running pump gas. Additionally, the ProCharger features the industry's most effective and highest-flowing intercooler system, thus providing the engine with the coolest charge-air temperatures for maximum performance and longevity, “he said.

ProCharger's H.O. intercooled supercharger system comes with detailed instructions and everything needed for a clean, hassle-free installation. Production systems will include a handheld ECM re-programmer loaded with custom, application-specific tuning.
We already had a more-than-passing familiarity with ProCharger'sindustry-acclaimed products for the C5 and C6. Indeed, a quick review of the last two years of VETTE turned up numerous high-output feature cars using ProCharger blower kits, along with a pair of exclusive, "first look" tech articles on the company's latest supercharger offerings. With this kind of exposure, it's little wonder that ProCharger systems represent the most popular form of artificial aspiration currently available for EFI Corvettes.
ProCharger's first complete Corvette system, for L98-powered models, was released in early 1996, followed by an LT1 kit in 1997, and systems forth C5 and C6 in 2001 and 2005, respectively. "Developing a supercharger for the LS3 Corvette was a natural progression of ProCharger's design philosophy and its reputation for producing reliable horsepower with the earlier LS1, LS2, and LS7 cars," Lacina explained. "AProCharger-equipped LS3 Corvette represents an outstanding performance value when compared with a stock Z06."
Sold on the promise of 150 extra hp at the rear wheels, we decided to orchestrate the country's first installation and dyno test of ProCharger's newest Corvette blower system.
The complete install took less than a day and required no permanent modifications to the body or powertrain. As for the results, well, suffice it to say that justifying that '09 ZR1 purchase just got much more difficult.:happyanim: :headbang: :bow:

ProCharger is so BEAST!!!

fbird777 09-17-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 128392)

That's what I'm worried about, I want to mod my car but I don't want to void my warranty. 500rwhp would be so awesome, that supercharger along with full bolt on's and cam could put the SS at 600rwhp with a good tune.