Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Lingenfelter 650 hp build (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41462)

mws444 09-08-2009 01:44 PM

Lingenfelter 650 hp build w/pics

1 Attachment(s)
I am starting this new thread because there are a few members cars at LPE as I type. We have both the 570 and 650 packages going on.
Ryan promised pictures along the way so I will keep updating as we move along.

From now on I will post the updates and pictures in a new post further in the thread.
Mine is a Blk 2SS/RS, M6 package dicribed below:

Camaro Gen 5 - 2010 > Camaro SS 2010 378 CID LS3 - 650 HP TVS2300 Supercharger Package
650 BHP / 630 lbs-ft of torque

- Engine removal, disassembly and inspection
- Lingenfelter CNC porting of LS3 cylinder heads
- Lingenfelter multi-angle valve job, cc cylinder chambers
- OE 2.165" hollow stem intake / 1.59" heavy duty Inconnel exhaust valves
- Surfacing for correct compression, Competition Cams valve springs
- Mahle forged coated aluminum pistons and tool steel pins
- Oliver 4340 forged billet steel “I” beam connecting rods
- Computer balanced LS3 crankshaft & rotating assembly
- Total seal file fit rings
- Clevite Heavy duty rod & main bearings
- Head gaskets, head bolts
- TVS2300 intercooled supercharger system
- Black powder coated finish
- Based on OEM Eaton supercharger unit
- Fuel system upgrades and properly sized fuel injectors
- 160 Degree thermostat
- Ported & polished LS3 throttle body
- Lingenfelter High Flow Air Intake
- Boost by pass system
- Professional engine installation, testing & tuning
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
Dual disc clutch and flywheel assembly
Lingenfelter aluminum coil covers
Corsa stainless steel cat back exhaust
Chrome LPE fender badges
HD rear half shafts

Ryan and LPE made good on the Baseline Dyno Sheet! He said my engine has been pulled and he will try to get the first photo updates to us later today.
Thanks Ryan!

carfansince73 09-08-2009 01:58 PM

With it being rebuilt with forged internals, is 650 the most you can get safely or just the most they will warrantee? Seems like it could take a LOT more.

That's is going to be quite the car when it's done. :thumbsup:

Crowley 09-08-2009 02:06 PM

Definately going to be a fun ride :)

mws444 09-08-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfansince73 (Post 897664)
With it being rebuilt with forged internals, is 650 the most you can get safely or just the most they will warrantee? Seems like it could take a LOT more.

That's is going to be quite the car when it's done. :thumbsup:

The 2010 Camaro is quite a car stock, I can't wait til she is Lingenfeltered!

LPE wont go over the 570 HP without doing the internals, I am sure this is for the warranty.
I know you can go a lot higher but you will have to run higher than 93 octane gas to keep it together. Not much if you drive it much.

Design1stCode2nd 09-08-2009 02:31 PM

Sweet. I'm sure it will be awesome $20k is a serious package.

RS-SS2 09-08-2009 02:48 PM

mws, have you heard anything on the progress of your car?

mws444 09-08-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd (Post 897753)
Sweet. I'm sure it will be awesome $20k is a serious package.

I have said it here before, LPE costs are just part of it. The bathroom remodeling job my wife is charging me is worse. LOL
I guess it is just part of being married, although she did give me the car is yours but the bathroom is all of ours. I guess I am lucky she lets me indulge my car passion and will actually enjoy some of it with me. Just hope I can stay out of the kitchen remodeling business. :sm0:

mws444 09-08-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS-SS2 (Post 897809)
mws, have you heard anything on the progress of your car?

Just emailed Ryan for an update, also asked for the baseline dyno sheet and will post it up when I get it.
Ryan has been really cool about all of my changes, LPE are a great bunch of guys to deal with, they even had my windows tinted while it was up there.

1sickta 09-08-2009 04:16 PM

For what all is included it's not that bad of a price. I would just expect more power out of a setup like that.

1320junkie 09-08-2009 04:19 PM

nice

Speed74SS 09-08-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sickta (Post 898131)
For what all is included it's not that bad of a price. I would just expect more power out of a setup like that.

I am sure they could turn the boost up and get alot more power with a smaller pulley or a blower cam but I think for warranty purposes it is 650.

Windy City 09-08-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sickta (Post 898131)

There is a certain point where "more power" becomes a moot point. Longevity and drive ability get affected. If you can't apply it to the pavement, it's useless. 3000 HP isn't going to help unless one can control it. If someone wants to build a car strictly for the track, then that's a different story. It's bad enough trying to show enough self control in ever day driving to keep from blowing the doors off every Mustang you see!:D

pharmd 09-08-2009 09:18 PM

This is for sure the way to do it if you desire boost + longevity...If I had the money when I started this would have been the way I would have gone...with the 2300 and shot for 14 psi...But when you start making more power, then the rear end and tranny become issues...I know I'm probably pushing it for longevity on the tranny, you 6sp manual guys are already seeing some of that stuff. We have heard rumors the rear is good to 600rwhp, but a shortblock like LPE is mentioning with a 2300 at 12-14psi would be WELL past that...if you want to run with the GT500's this is what you MUST do, but be prepared to start replacing driveline parts if you do...

...just sayin'

Design1stCode2nd 09-09-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mws444 (Post 897836)
I have said it here before, LPE costs are just part of it. The bathroom remodeling job my wife is charging me is worse. LOL
I guess it is just part of being married, although she did give me the car is yours but the bathroom is all of ours. I guess I am lucky she lets me indulge my car passion and will actually enjoy some of it with me. Just hope I can stay out of the kitchen remodeling business. :sm0:

Completely understand, just built an addition and partial kitchen remodel. Enjoy it, you only live once!