Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Tire and Rim Insurance/Rubber Base Sealant (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239737)

b_williams_82 07-25-2012 08:03 PM

Tire and Rim Insurance/Rubber Base Sealant

Did anyone else's dealers offer something simmer to this?? Wondering if it was a good buy or just waste of money!! Tire and Rim insurance is $900 covers tires and Rim in the event of road hazards only.. (no curb checks I guess) and rubber base compound/sealant is to keep paint from fading, protects against acid rain, paint turning colors due to bird poop and bug guts! This is $500! Anyone have any reviews or opinions about the two!! Thanks for your help!!

ICTsccaCamaro 07-25-2012 08:48 PM

We did the wheel and tire warranty planning on periodically "running over a nail" as the tires get worn to get new tires for free or atleast to pay back the wheel and tire warranty price

Zee-Ell-One 07-25-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro (Post 5345504)
We did the wheel and tire warranty planning on periodically "running over a nail" as the tires get worn to get new tires for free or atleast to pay back the wheel and tire warranty price

LOLOL!!!:sm0: Good work!!!

Zee-Ell-One 07-25-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_williams_82 (Post 5345268)
Did anyone else's dealers offer something simmer to this?? Wondering if it was a good buy or just waste of money!! Tire and Rim insurance is $900 covers tires and Rim in the event of road hazards only.. (no curb checks I guess) and rubber base compound/sealant is to keep paint from fading, protects against acid rain, paint turning colors due to bird poop and bug guts! This is $500! Anyone have any reviews or opinions about the two!! Thanks for your help!!

In my opinion, Just tell that nice salesman or often times it's the finance guy who is trying to upsell me all kinds of rediculously priced foofoo products, NO THANX:paddle: If it aint broke dont fix it... Waste of your hard earned money... just wax your rims too

DRTH VDR 07-25-2012 09:11 PM

The GoodYear protective sidewall rib has been doing a great job protecting my stock ZL 1 black wheels. I did spring for a $500.00 policy from the same source that covered my 2009 C 63 AMG boy racer. This policy covers tires and rims from any damage (curbs included) and also takes care of glass and paintless dent repair for a 5 year period. If they can't repair the wheels or the tires speed rating is endangered, they buy new stuff for ya'. It paid for itself twice over on my Merc, so I sprung for it again. 100 bucks a year is P-Nuts.

Cheers - Boyd
Major USAF
Retired

RoketRdr 07-25-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTH VDR (Post 5345623)
The GoodYear protective sidewall rib has been doing a great job protecting my stock ZL 1 black wheels. I did spring for a $500.00 policy from the same source that covered my 2009 C 63 AMG boy racer. This policy covers tires and rims from any damage (curbs included) and also takes care of glass and paintless dent repair for a 5 year period. If they can't repair the wheels or the tires speed rating is endangered, they buy new stuff for ya'. It paid for itself twice over on my Merc, so I sprung for it again. 100 bucks a year is P-Nuts.

Cheers - Boyd
Major USAF
Retired

And what source would that be Lord Vader? :D

kush396 07-25-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Cheers - Boyd
Major USAF
Retired

NOT , i was told if it holds air nothing will be done already rubbed a curb not bad but the tire slash rim protecter ripped aprox 1 inch and 1 inch scrape on the rim and was told if it holds air , then forget it with insurance ....(which i have))))))?????:iono::iono::iono::iono::chevy::che vy::chevy::chevy:

Ocikat 07-25-2012 10:10 PM

I'd read the fine print very carefully, most tire warranties are pro rated, meaning you will only be paid a portion of the value of the tire determined by tread depth ( you already have a manufactures warranty on the tires from goodyear and you probably have an option to purchace road hazard coverage from them directly ). Should your wheels get damaged, your vehichle insurance will cover this minus your deductable. $900 is a lot of money to pay for this type of coverage, you could just about replace all 4 tires on your car for this much. If you have damage to one (1) that is what they will cover, they will not replace pairs or sets. and also bear in mind that this is third party insurance, not by GM, Chevrolet/ or your dealer, this company may or may not even be in businness when you go to make a claim.

Not a good use of your money in my opinion

also,.... if you are financing your vehicle, keep in mind you are finincing this $ 900 also so the true cost is much more than you think

b_williams_82 07-25-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Cheers - Boyd
Major USAF
Retired

Where was it that you got this insurance? Would love that info..

b_williams_82 07-25-2012 10:14 PM

Thank you everyone for the replies. How bout the Rubber base sealant?? Anyone see any benefits from this?? They also do the interior for stains, everyday soil and spills, and your dashboard from cracking.

RoketRdr 07-25-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocikat (Post 5345881)
$900 is a lot of money to pay for this type of coverage, you could just about replace all 4 tires on your car for this.

Don't think so. You're in the ZL1 section btw. ;)

Ocikat 07-25-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_williams_82 (Post 5345907)
Thank you everyone for the replies. How bout the Rubber base sealant?? Anyone see any benefits from this?? They also do the interior for stains, everyday soil and spills, and your dashboard from cracking.

Again, read and understand exactly what it is you are buying, these add ons are very profitable for the dealers and companies that sell them and there is a reason for that !!

regular cosmetic maintenance on your part will prevent most problems, if you dash cracks you have a warranty from Chevrolet that would cover that at least for 36 months.

before signing for these add ons ask yourself,......... Am I going to benifit from this or is the dealer/company going to benefit?

Ocikat 07-25-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoketRdr (Post 5345935)
Don't think so. You're in the ZL1 section btw. ;)

I know where I'm at :D

I know good tires are expensive also, but $900 will put a good sized dent in a new set, plus........ we are normally talking about 1 tire or rim here not a complete set, these policies are only going to cover what is actually damaged, not buy you a new set of 4 because your right rear was damaged

joes407 07-25-2012 10:52 PM

I didnt get the tire protection as i hadnt had a flat since i can remember. Of course i got 1 in my first few thousand miles. Piece of metal through sidewall, called allstate. 250 deductible comprehesive claim