Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New member here, wanted to introduce myself! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23107)

Nicky 05-16-2009 08:32 PM

New member here, wanted to introduce myself!

Hi guys/girls, I've been a DAILY lurker here on camaro 5 for about 3-4 months now, just today I officially joined. For a little background: I've been racing cars here in Puerto Rico for about 8 years now, mainly road courses with a Twin Turbo 300ZX. Well things change, family grows and no longer have the time/funds to continue professionally racing. Now I've fallen head over heels for the 2010 Camaro and since it's a 2+2 I can fit my family in the car (hehehe for very short trips anyway). I had the pleasure to sit in a Victory Red 1LT at Maroone Chevy in Miami. VERY cool car and with the first glimpse my wife was sold!!!! Anyway just wanted to say HI :wave: and congratulate you guys, you have a GREAT forum with tons of information. To replace my current daily driver (2005 Nissan Altima 4cyl.) I'll be getting a black-on-black 1SS, great platform to start with all the necessary hardware (LS3, Tremec 6060 and Brembo Brakes), I'll take it from there, tweak the suspension a bit and see how it does on the road course in the weekends and back to work on Monday!! :character0182:

bluch 05-16-2009 08:38 PM

:w00t: and Welcome

MRSBMCS 05-16-2009 08:47 PM

Welcome to the site! Hope you have lots of time to spare, one time on this site and you're hooked!

Legend 05-16-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 493717)
Welcome to the site! Hope you have lots of time to spare, one time on this site and you're hooked!

QFT! Welcome! :wave:

garagelogic 05-16-2009 08:58 PM

Welcome.

diaboli 05-16-2009 09:00 PM

welcome to the crew

Rodrunner 05-16-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 493695)
Hi guys/girls, I've been a DAILY lurker here on camaro 5 for about 3-4 months now, just today I officially joined. For a little background: I've been racing cars here in Puerto Rico for about 8 years now, mainly road courses with a Twin Turbo 300ZX. Well things change, family grows and no longer have the time/funds to continue professionally racing. Now I've fallen head over heels for the 2010 Camaro and since it's a 2+2 I can fit my family in the car (hehehe for very short trips anyway). I had the pleasure to sit in a Victory Red 1LT at Maroone Chevy in Miami. VERY cool car and with the first glimpse my wife was sold!!!! Anyway just wanted to say HI :wave: and congratulate you guys, you have a GREAT forum with tons of information. To replace my current daily driver (2005 Nissan Altima 4cyl.) I'll be getting a black-on-black 1SS, great platform to start with all the necessary hardware (LS3, Tremec 6060 and Brembo Brakes), I'll take it from there, tweak the suspension a bit and see how it does on the road course in the weekends and back to work on Monday!! :character0182:

Well, Nicky, I don't know if you are actually Puerto Rican or not, but you certainly have a good command of the English language. You write it better than most! Welcome! Good to have you on the forum. Stick around and you'll learn even more. :thumbsup:

Nicky 05-16-2009 09:05 PM

Thanx a lot, yeah I know I've been HOURS here reading FBodFather's input, Camaro Scotty's info, Number 3's info, the thing with the battery cable, people complaining about visibility and interior materials etc etc etc. Actually I spent quite some time sitting in the car and I never felt that visibility was a big issue, I'm 5'11" and it fits like a glove. Interior materials were pretty good, I mean c'mon my wife drives a 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350L and the interior on that $60K SUV is HARD PLASTIC!!!!! I'm sure the aftermarket will be producing some kind of cover for those who need a soft feeling dashboard. For me personally the steering wheel was kinda weird but the rumble of the V-8 will take that feeling away in the 1/2 second it'll take me to start that engine!!!!!

Nicky 05-16-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 493748)
Well, Nicky, I don't know if you are actually Puerto Rican or not, but you certainly have a good command of the English language. You write it better than most! Welcome! Good to have you on the forum. Stick around and you'll learn even more. :thumbsup:

Thanx, actually english is my second language, yeah I'm puertorrican and spanish if my first language :) ; but I work in the IRS so for the most part of the day I'm speaking and writing in english!!

KJS 05-16-2009 09:11 PM

Welcome aboard!

20 Camaro 10 05-16-2009 09:21 PM

:wave:

sl1565 05-16-2009 09:23 PM

Welcome

"prima"Donna 05-17-2009 02:40 PM

:wave:welcome and "enjoy the ride"...this site is very addicting, but you get to learn a lot about the car from fellow members and while you are patiently waiting to take delivery of your car, it's a better way to pass the time than wearing out a hole in your rug from pacing back and forth...LOL...:sm0:

ljustin293 05-17-2009 02:41 PM

:wave: