Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Oo Er.. doubting getting the Z/28 now.. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81425)

rez333 05-04-2010 05:47 PM

Oo Er.. doubting getting the Z/28 now..

It was exciting to know that confirmation of the Z/28's arrival in 2011 is getting stronger. However, that made me think whether I really wanted to get it.

The thing is, the 2010 SS has excellent performance numbers. However, I took it for a test drive and the experience left me lukewarm. I did however enjoy the test drive of the 2010 Shelby GT500.

Now I am thinking the Z/28 will place better on the road or have better handling but I don't know for sure. The problem is I will probably never get a test drive for a long time (maybe 1-2 years after release?) since every order will be virtually a sold order. It took me about a year from release to get a test drive of the 2010 SS.

So I am full of extreme doubt right now. It is a huge risk not to test drive it before purchasing due to my experiences with the 2010 SS test drive. Conceivably I could make a test drive conditional of a purchase when I order the Z/28, but I think it is too much of a commitment too late. I could be driving in a 2011 Shelby GT500 in Spring 2011 rather than roll the dice with a Fall 2011 Z/28 test drive (which would mean if I didn't like it I would have to wait until Spring 2012 to purchase a Shelby GT500).

Anyway: I was wondering if anyone can give their 2c on the matter.

REVENGE 05-04-2010 06:30 PM

I never test drove a single car I bought and I was never dissapointed.

boxmonkeyracing 05-05-2010 08:39 AM

well do what you want. seems like the shelby is the thing for you. waiting isn't for everyone. takes a special kind of individual to be able to wait for something worth it now a-days. with the gotta have it now generation.

so do what you think is right buy a shelby now and have the question of did you purchase the wrong vehicle all the way up until the Z comes out or wait and have the doubt that you shouldn't have waited until the Z comes out. either way you need to commit to something and stick with it. no second guessing. just enjoy whatever decision you make.

radz28 05-05-2010 09:41 AM

I'm not sure how comparing driving SS to a car that's not even out yet will really give you an objective opinion, however, it really sounds like you want to go fast now. You can't go wrong with the Shelby, for sure, so maybe that's the direction you should go. It's hard for me to think in that mindset, because I'm a diehard Z28 guy, and believe Z28 should be something special (mostly because SS, in recent years, has been splashed on so many Chevy models) that a Camaro fanatic will appreciate, that's a step up from SS. I might still end up with SS (probably due to how much I'm sure Z28 will cost) and will have to make my own Z28, but I'll still wish it were a Z28. Z28 was my first car, my second car, and I hope I can make it my third. My point is, go with your gut. It already seems like you've made up your mind, and it doesn't sound like it really matters what you drive as long as it fits your performance expectations.

Good luck ;)

rez333 05-05-2010 12:04 PM

Yeah the timing is bad. If the Z/28 were out for 3-4 years, that will be ideal. Then I can really make a proper assessment on my preferred car, and the Z/28 can properly improve to an ideal state.

The other problem is apparently the Camaro might move to alpha platform in 2014 which will probably leap-frog it ahead of the Mustang and correct many issues such as weight and visibility. Things will continually get better. But as someone said before: "if you keep waiting for the ideal car, you will never end up buying any car because cars are always improving". Therefore 2011 is the year of my car. I guess I will wait for the 2011 Shelby GT500 performance numbers and the 2012 Z/28 news before making my final decision.

Arachnyd 05-05-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVENGE (Post 1806793)
I never test drove a single car I bought and I was never dissapointed.

Me either. I am a firm believer that test driving CAUSES dissappointment because it points out the things you liked more about other cars because they all have trade offs!

Arachnyd 05-05-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez333 (Post 1806620)
It was exciting to know that confirmation of the Z/28's arrival in 2011 is getting stronger. However, that made me think whether I really wanted to get it.

The thing is, the 2010 SS has excellent performance numbers. However, I took it for a test drive and the experience left me lukewarm. I did however enjoy the test drive of the 2010 Shelby GT500.

Now I am thinking the Z/28 will place better on the road or have better handling but I don't know for sure. The problem is I will probably never get a test drive for a long time (maybe 1-2 years after release?) since every order will be virtually a sold order. It took me about a year from release to get a test drive of the 2010 SS.

So I am full of extreme doubt right now. It is a huge risk not to test drive it before purchasing due to my experiences with the 2010 SS test drive. Conceivably I could make a test drive conditional of a purchase when I order the Z/28, but I think it is too much of a commitment too late. I could be driving in a 2011 Shelby GT500 in Spring 2011 rather than roll the dice with a Fall 2011 Z/28 test drive (which would mean if I didn't like it I would have to wait until Spring 2012 to purchase a Shelby GT500).

Anyway: I was wondering if anyone can give their 2c on the matter.

One other thought...

With the reworked 2011 mustang GT, and the 2012 addition of the Z28, I'd anticipate the 2012 shelby will probably be as much of an improvement over the 2011 as the 2011 GT is over the 2010.... just my thoughts.

HIGHOCTANE 05-05-2010 03:33 PM

Dude...really this again? I am now convinced you are a dreaming school boy...nothing wrong with that..but don't act like you really plan on buying a Z or a GT500 any time in the remote future...

This is at least the 3rd thread of this type this member has posted...
1st it was "loosing interest in the SS"...then that part 2..now this...
Either go get the GT500 and post some pics or go back to the Huffy forum.
If you aren't a kid maybe you need to talk with someone...you know lay on the couch for awhile...

Unreal.

BTW I am not a Camaro fanboy as you called some who called you out in other threads....just saying how old your threads on this subject are getting...
Seriously kid..knock it off.

prostreetbuyer 05-05-2010 04:40 PM

what did you not like during your test drive?

rez333 05-05-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE (Post 1810525)
Dude...really this again? I am now convinced you are a dreaming school boy...nothing wrong with that..but don't act like you really plan on buying a Z or a GT500 any time in the remote future...

This is at least the 3rd thread of this type this member has posted...
1st it was "loosing interest in the SS"...then that part 2..now this...
Either go get the GT500 and post some pics or go back to the Huffy forum.
If you aren't a kid maybe you need to talk with someone...you know lay on the couch for awhile...

Unreal.

BTW I am not a Camaro fanboy as you called some who called you out in other threads....just saying how old your threads on this subject are getting...
Seriously kid..knock it off.

you do realize that if I post pics of me smirking beside my car, I will be guilty of the very pretentiousness that your cynicism is implying. And even if I did that, you'd think that I was faking the pic.

I'll tell you what: you prove you're not a hypocrite by doing what you've asked of others: post a picture of your car, your house and especially your face so that I can judge all of your forum posts based on pictures of your private life.

I'm convinced that you're a primary school kid based on your bad English and your inability to think outside the box that maybe other people think differently to you, and therefore conduct themselves on a forum different to you. :rolleyes:

rez333 05-05-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostreetbuyer (Post 1810773)
what did you not like during your test drive?

the late engagement of the clutch and the handling: specifically placing the car precisely on the road. I'm not sure whether it was because of the visibility or the sheer width of the car or the suspension.

rez333 05-05-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo (Post 1810240)
One other thought...

With the reworked 2011 mustang GT, and the 2012 addition of the Z28, I'd anticipate the 2012 shelby will probably be as much of an improvement over the 2011 as the 2011 GT is over the 2010.... just my thoughts.

I've read that DI is in the next iteration.

HIGHOCTANE 05-05-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez333 (Post 1811470)
you do realize that if I post pics of me smirking beside my car, I will be guilty of the very pretentiousness that your cynicism is implying. And even if I did that, you'd think that I was faking the pic.

I'll tell you what: you prove you're not a hypocrite by doing what you've asked of others: post a picture of your car, your house and especially your face so that I can judge all of your forum posts based on pictures of your private life.

I'm convinced that you're a primary school kid based on your bad English and your inability to think outside the box that maybe other people think differently to you, and therefore conduct themselves on a forum different to you. :rolleyes:

So....just make a decision for yourself like an adult and buy a damn car or don't. Asking questions to may an educated purchase is one thing but starting multiple threads about how you can't make a decison, asking people to talk you into buying a Camaro over a GT500,then asking about the handling of a car that isn't even available and that no one can talk about even if it exisits because you may want it instead of the GT500 ect...is plain ridiculous.

"smirking" huh?
I don't care if you post pics or not...matter of fact I wouldn't care if the above was your last post ever...I'd actually prefer that:thumbup:
And eventually 90% of the members on this forum will get tired of you BS threads and you will move on to muck up some other forum...hopefully sooner than later.

HIGHOCTANE 05-05-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez333 (Post 1811476)
and the handling: specifically placing the car precisely on the road. I'm not sure whether it was because of the visibility or the sheer width of the car or the suspension.

:thumbdown:
Sounds like a poor driver to me..seriously. Maybe you are used to a GoKart or need one..lots of visibility and plenty narrow so you can keep it in a lane...
And let me guess you still haven't driven a GT500 have you?
You are trying to sound like you know something about driving...but it isn't working.

I stand by the fact that your threads and posts are pure :bs: