Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Motorsports Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway! - July 19, 2013 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296683)

NerdWerx 05-21-2013 09:54 PM

South Haven is only twenty minutes from me at most. I'll probably be there.

Mgizzle 05-21-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6572885)
You modded much?

My 1LE is stock aside of superblue brake fluid and an alignment (-1.1 camber front, -0.8 camber rear).

Camaro_Corvette 05-21-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 6572997)
My 1LE is stock aside of superblue brake fluid and an alignment (-1.1 camber front, -0.8 camber rear).

Wow, great! Thanks for the vid:thumbsup:

ken53007 05-22-2013 04:53 AM

I would like to do this but it is way to close to camaro5 fest

ssmike 05-22-2013 07:23 AM

I just got time off approved, spouse approved, and signed up for the Novice group! Can't wait! This will be my first event of this type! Only track time I've had is at Watkins Glen behind a pace car with our Upstate C5 group. It was fun but this is gonna be a blast! :headbang:

stand-al0ne 05-22-2013 10:21 AM

This is JUST the thing I have been looking for! I would love to do this! Maybe I still can - but if only there was more notice!

What I great idea! I hope this catches on and becomes more frequent. Maybe at other tracks too???? Sebring, Barber Motorsports park, Road Atlanta, etc...

Just the thing I have been setting my Camaro up for!!

Mr. Wyndham 05-22-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crangie (Post 6569362)
I am in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6569916)
Put me in for it! :headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMachineZL1 (Post 6571187)
Hell yeah, i'm in. Novice.

Awesome!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 6571521)
Great track. Great opportunity. I wish i could join you. Too bad Dragoneye disappeared. He could come to Gingerman and get beat again my THE Becky.

It is too bad he's gone...if he were still around - THE Becky might never show her face at a performance event again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph4r (Post 6571538)
What are the vehicle Tech Requirements? Are Convertibles allowed with Mods but no roll-bar / roll-cage?

http://www.cgimotorsports.com If you click on the Q & A section, they address this. We'll allow convertibles to participate, with the recommendation you leave the top up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 6572547)
I'm in! Novice class.

Probably drive the ZL1

Gotta practice to beat Mr Wydham:biggrin:

You'll try......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 6572638)
I just got back from Gingerman this Sunday from a Shelby event! Dang, need to sign up for this bad..... SIGNED UP!!!! Hopefully we will get a nice 70F day with clouds but no rain!!

By the way, magazines didn't give it to you, but I will. 1LE vs. 302 LS.... see last lap, last turn (LS had 6 piston front and rear brakes with Corsa exhaust). The Ford guys at the track were really cool though and brought out some nice cars. That LS sounded really mean with that Corsa exhaust and in the previous session I passed him as well but on the straights under full throttle he was pulling away.

http://youtu.be/5kp6KMBJfkY

Awesome!! :headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NerdWerx (Post 6572963)
South Haven is only twenty minutes from me at most. I'll probably be there.

I'll add you to the list - if you can't make it, let me know and I'll take your name down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken53007 (Post 6573790)
I would like to do this but it is way to close to camaro5 fest

It is pretty close...the intent was to be a pretty regional, local event...I wouldn't want to drive across country to put my car through a road course, anyways...*just in case*.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 6574022)
I just got time off approved, spouse approved, and signed up for the Novice group! Can't wait! This will be my first event of this type! Only track time I've had is at Watkins Glen behind a pace car with our Upstate C5 group. It was fun but this is gonna be a blast! :headbang:

Great!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stand-al0ne (Post 6574588)
This is JUST the thing I have been looking for! I would love to do this! Maybe I still can - but if only there was more notice!

What I great idea! I hope this catches on and becomes more frequent. Maybe at other tracks too???? Sebring, Barber Motorsports park, Road Atlanta, etc...

Just the thing I have been setting my Camaro up for!!

With luck and interest.....stress the "interest"....we might be able to organize a few more across the country. This sort of thing, IMO, is what the Camaro was BUILT FOR. So we'd like to facilitate track events for those enthusiasts who want to use their cars the way they were designed to be used. :headbang: :headbang: :thumbup:

Unfortunately, everyone on the staff is volunteer, and so these efforts are at the whim of our free time. We'll see what the future brings!

Mr. Wyndham 05-22-2013 11:25 AM

FYI! Updated the original post with hotel information!
HOTELS

A special group rate has been established for participants in CGI's events...please contact the hotel below for reservations! Just mention that you're "driving with CGI" to get the special rate.

Holiday Inn Express
1741 Phoenix Road
South Haven, Mi. 49090
(269)637-8800

Dropspeed 05-22-2013 12:05 PM

HMMM that is the day before my vacation starts...I might just have to make the drive over there! :)

gajagfan 05-22-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 6572638)
I just got back from Gingerman this Sunday from a Shelby event! Dang, need to sign up for this bad..... SIGNED UP!!!! Hopefully we will get a nice 70F day with clouds but no rain!!

By the way, magazines didn't give it to you, but I will. 1LE vs. 302 LS.... see last lap, last turn (LS had 6 piston front and rear brakes with Corsa exhaust). The Ford guys at the track were really cool though and brought out some nice cars. That LS sounded really mean with that Corsa exhaust and in the previous session I passed him as well but on the straights under full throttle he was pulling away.

http://youtu.be/5kp6KMBJfkY

That video just made my day......way to get that Mustang at the end. Seriously, thanks, and good job!

Doc 05-22-2013 01:18 PM

I'd love to see much more of this as "official" C5 events rather than one big monster event each year that half the country can't attend because of the time and cost, and eats up a year of volunteer time planning and doing. Smaller official Camaro5 HPDE events of 50-100 people could be organized much easier all over the country and IMHO would be more fun and enjoyable to participate in.

I just wish I lived closer to Gingerman; I know you guys are going to have a blast!

gajagfan 05-22-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 6572997)

Do you have any pics of your car on this site? What color is it? Our 1SS is black, but is caught in that quality hold. As a GM employee, find out whats going on, and help a brother out......just kidding!

stand-al0ne 05-22-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6575307)
I'd love to see much more of this as "official" C5 events rather than one big monster event each year that half the country can't attend because of the time and cost, and eats up a year of volunteer time planning and doing. Smaller official Camaro5 HPDE events of 50-100 people could be organized much easier all over the country and IMHO would be more fun and enjoyable to participate in.

I just wish I lived closer to Gingerman; I know you guys are going to have a blast!

I def agree with all of that. I think these regional things would be just the ticket. We have so many members on here (34k+) that I'm sure we could scavenge up 50-100 members per regional event. We all love driving our cars...could be on to something here!

Mgizzle 05-22-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajagfan (Post 6575318)
Do you have any pics of your car on this site? What color is it? Our 1SS is black, but is caught in that quality hold. As a GM employee, find out whats going on, and help a brother out......just kidding!

Go in the 1LE section of the forum under the video and picture thread that Suxost created, you will see a bunch of pictures of mine, even some next to a red Boss 302.

Be patient, the car is worth it, I waited 6 months for mine. Mine is a 1SS, black as well with NPP.