Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Add me to the "rear ended" list (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154941)

HumanWiki 06-25-2011 08:52 PM

Add me to the "rear ended" list

1 Attachment(s)
Just got the car back today from Showstoppers. They did a great job getting it repaired correctly and quickly -- thanks guys.

Last week, I was sitting at a light not even 1 mile from home.. right as I was going to move over a lane, got slammed in the rear... Her air bags went off and I got pushed in to the adjacent lane.. Cut my neck on the seat belt, my gf was uninjured.. The lady that hit me had airbag rash on her arm.. No serious injuries, but my Camaro's bumper and valance had to be fully replaced along with some paint/body repair along the inside of the trunk seam..

What is it with people hitting these cars like this? We violently take it from behind more often than most XXX stars.

Angrybird 12 06-25-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 3385848)
Just got the car back today from Showstoppers. They did a great job getting it repaired correctly and quickly -- thanks guys.

Last week, I was sitting at a light not even 1 mile from home.. right as I was going to move over a lane, got slammed in the rear... Her air bags went off and I got pushed in to the adjacent lane.. Cut my neck on the seat belt, my gf was uninjured.. The lady that hit me had airbag rash on her arm.. No serious injuries, but my Camaro's bumper and valance had to be fully replaced along with some paint/body repair along the inside of the trunk seam..

What is it with people hitting these cars like this? We violently take it from behind more often than most XXX stars.

Glad you got it back so fast. Unfortunately this type accident happens too many time to all kinds of cars. People driving too fast and not leaving space enough between cars. Of course if you try to leave a safe spacing some idiot will pull in front of you and slam on brakes to make a right turn.

pnyklr 06-25-2011 09:05 PM

HA! That's a scratch compared to this.

http://www.funkconsulting.com/67cama...dent/index.htm

Glad it was fixed.

-Funk

HumanWiki 06-25-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 3385892)
Glad you got it back so fast. Unfortunately this type accident happens too many time to all kinds of cars. People driving too fast and not leaving space enough between cars. Of course if you try to leave a safe spacing some idiot will pull in front of you and slam on brakes to make a right turn.

In my case, I was sitting at a red light... =(

To top it off.. She had no license on her. No insurance on her.. AND... Was cited 4 days prior in another collision for the same.. Her citation was her proof to the responding officers.. Yeah, they were less than pleased with her..

Angrybird 12 06-25-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 3385909)
In my case, I was sitting at a red light... =(

To top it off.. She had no license on her. No insurance on her.. AND... Was cited 4 days prior in another collision for the same.. Her citation was her proof to the responding officers.. Yeah, they were less than pleased with her..

Dang, seems like anymore people don't care about laws.

heRS 06-25-2011 09:15 PM

Wow she win the free ride in the police car? I hope so! Sorry to hear about this happening to your car, but happy you got it back quickly.

buzzy56 06-25-2011 09:24 PM

I feel for you.

hear of this more and more.Don't know about the rest of you.But it seems like every time I come to a stop light or sign.I stop early.Wait for the car of truck behind me to stop then pull ahead a bit to give myself some space between them and my rear end.I think most all attempt to get to close when we come to a stop to eyeball the car leaving no room for error.I hate it.Trucks are the worse.The more beat up the closer they get.Don't understand it.Great that you got her back and looking good once more.This car Must be a target?

CUPRA 06-25-2011 10:54 PM

Sorry to hear that this happened. It really sucks. My 2011 was rear ended 6 weeks after I picked it up from the dealer - hadn't even made my first payment. To say I was pissed was an understatement!

Glad you got it all taken care of quickly!

Matic 06-25-2011 11:18 PM

it wasnt until I got a camaro that I noticed how bad drivers really are. Tailgaters, people pulling up right on your a** at a light, people drifting into your lane because they are texting, people hugging the line in the lane next to you, people cutting you off. I can go on and on.

cactuseater 06-26-2011 12:43 AM

I truly wish GM would do a recall on the front shoulder harness to include an ADJUSTABLE pulley on the pillar post like most vehicles. I too nailed my neck on that thing, it's uncomfortable and the worst I've had to deal with. Never gave it a thought on the test drive, was too blown away by the car. I always used my belt in the '04 Z06 Vette I sold before this car and it was adjustable AND comfortable.