Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Had a little fun with an SS today (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293076)

AmericanMuscleCars 05-02-2013 07:02 PM

Had a little fun with an SS today

We were on our way home and this SS is screaming but on the opposite side of the road and he cuts over and pops a u-turn. He gets right up next to us at the red light and revs his engine, he doesn't have a stock exhaust so me and my dad decided it'd be best for us to not rev our engine because it would have been shameful. (Luckily we are going to be putting in a new exhaust soon) but we were riding down the road for a while and he comes up behind us flying go's for a little bit and drops back, just having a good time. WE DID NOT RACE. Just putting thy out there. But it was our first experience in the new camaro so I had to post it. He also had the heritage grill too. And he didn't have stock exhaust at all. Sounded awesome! Anyways had to post about me and my dads first drive with somebody else! It was AWESOME looking forward to more ride with other camaro owners!

KamaroKid9614 05-02-2013 07:30 PM

sounds like an awesome experience!

MackMan 05-02-2013 07:50 PM

Gotta love it! Most of the time the other Camaros on the road are stock... at least around here anyways. Never had that experience most of the time the other Camaro drivers don't even look. :iono: They must not be C5 members cause everyone on here is awesome!

Dox057 05-02-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackMan (Post 6497882)
Gotta love it! Most of the time the other Camaros on the road are stock... at least around here anyways. Never had that experience most of the time the other Camaro drivers don't even look. :iono: They must not be C5 members cause everyone on here is awesome!

I wish the people I ran into mostly would be stock. LOL

There is a guy at work who also has a silver ice metallic rs and almost every day I see him out side I get, "C'mon man. When are you gonna do your exhaust" haha

MackMan 05-02-2013 07:56 PM

I did get a thumbs up from a freaking awesome Corvette the other day. He had his thumb up to the window and was staring at my car as I drove by haha. I waved :D

Dznts 05-02-2013 08:00 PM

:headbang:

acatlover13 05-02-2013 08:00 PM

You should have been around for that first year ('09-10). Back then EVERY other Camaro driver waved at you, and everyone stopped and stared at you. Now, I can hardly ever get a wave back, and the "awesome car" comments are fewer and fewer. But I'll always have that first year......

lbheat 05-03-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acatlover13 (Post 6497944)
You should have been around for that first year ('09-10). Back then EVERY other Camaro driver waved at you, and everyone stopped and stared at you. Now, I can hardly ever get a wave back, and the "awesome car" comments are fewer and fewer. But I'll always have that first year......

Here in Cali I still get stares and people pointing at my car on freeway. People started looking at my car more with the latest mods of carbon fiber lip and red candy apple calipers(G2 custom paint- best cheap mod by far). As for camaro owners, usually no v6 camaros even try to glance over. Mainly its the v8 owners that take a peek when I roll by.

v6 or v8 its all good man, as long as you have a camaro and you are happy with it!:biggrin:

JN3WMN 05-03-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbheat (Post 6499832)
usually no v6 camaros even try to glance over. Mainly its the v8 owners that take a peek when I roll by.

I'm assuming that's because most of the V6's on the road are probably just your everyday people who wanted a sporty car & aren't really into mods & all that. As opposed to the V8 owners who are USUALLY more of the car enthusiasts.

I have a V6 & I'll flash the lights/wave at any other camaros I see. I usually only do it to the ones I notice mods on though.

AmericanMuscleCars 05-03-2013 09:19 PM

It was fun, do any of you guys have any stories like this?

Mutant Racer 05-03-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars (Post 6502584)
It was fun, do any of you guys have any stories like this?

I came upon a bunch of modded cars the other day when the sun was out. They were everywhere. Ferrari's, Porsche's, tons of Corvette's, and it seemed like every generation of muscle car was out in force. The drivers were friendly and would punch it briefly just to sound off.

The roads were loaded with the sporty/muscle crowd and they were on their best behavior which is something I've never seen before. It's been 9 months since Chicago saw good weather like that and I imagine it was the cause for a smile. No mischief just really cool cars EVERYWHERE!

Q'smuscle 05-03-2013 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=JN3WMN;6500160]I'm assuming that's because most of the V6's on the road are probably just your everyday people who wanted a sporty car & aren't really into mods & all that. As opposed to the V8 owners who are USUALLY more of the car enthusiasts.

Agree , everybody's into the camaro so there's all types that drives them now but I make eye contact with all

GYac 05-04-2013 01:19 PM

No but in my area I usually flash my headlights or throw a wave and 9 times out of 10 i get the same back with other camaro owners.

I dont discriminate agaisnt v6's either!

AmericanMuscleCars 05-12-2013 01:24 PM

I don't ger why people even discriminate against v6's anyways!